Although my husband and I love to try new places, we have just returned from our fourth trip to Rancho.... one place that we will visit again and again for the tranquility, beauty and service. What a place and what a treat! And the highway improves with each visit...it is just about complete...4 lanes the whole way from San Jose del Cabo. We always stop for lunch in Cabo San Lucas on the way and are always so very happy to move on down the highway to the tranqulity and relative isolation of Pescadero. With only 27 rooms, the hotel maintains a sophisticated yet homey atmosphere with relaxed yet impeccable service. This combination is what makes it such a special place. It's where you can sit by the pool and the bartender addresses you politely by name when he asks if you are ready for the next mango margarita. Later, the manager might pass by and ask if you'd like to have your dinner served on your private terrace, or on the beach by a campfire, or simply at one of the lovely dining areas. We've tried them all and the atmosphere is always delightful. Chef Bueno (yes, that IS his name!) prepares some very wonderful dishes from local ingredients, both from the sea and from the gardens in the area. The bartenders are equally adept at concocting delicious refreshments from local fruits and herbs (and tequilas).
There are so many little details that make Rancho special. The rooms are amazing. We stay in the the suites facing the ocean and with heavy glass doors that slide away into the wall, one can sleep al fresco in a cozy bed while listening to the waves crash all night. In the morning you will awaken to the sound of the birds and your basket of coffee and breakfast rolls will be waiting outside your door. So you can have your first cup of coffee on your private terrace in your pjs.
But the day awaits. There are so many places to lounge around the property that it's hard to know where to plop. Yet somehow, we always manage to venture out to the beach for a walk or a run...and a climb on the cliffs that are at one end of the secluded beach. We also like to take the cruiser bikes that the hotel provides out to explore the neighborhood's dirt roads lined with bouganvillas and herb farms and dotted with interesting vacaction homes. And a day trip into the nearby town of Todos Santos is always a fun diversion. But it's always great to get back to what Rancho is all about...relaxing! So back to the serenity of the blue pool where the bartender will play the music on your ipod (well, if he likes it!). No need to take much to the pool either. Grab the cover up they provide in your room and at the pool there are towels and hats and magazines and sunscreen. There is a huge water jug lighly flavored with something delicious like cucumber always available at the pool bar. Well, I'm not going to spoil it by giving away all the delightful little surprises that await you at Ranch Pescadero...just go and find out for yourself. My only worry is that this lttle gem is going to become so popular that I won't be able to get my room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pescadero, Baja California Sur - An Outrageous Oceanfront Oasis - This private, secluded beach resort sits on 15 acres in Pescadero, five miles south of Todos Santos and 45 minutes north of Cabo San Lucas. Guests enjoy two luxurious swimming pools, multiple lounging areas, and spacious, beautifully appointed rooms, all with outdoor patios. Evening bonfires and world-class surf await you on the beach. Daily complimentary yoga classes and an amazing farm-to-table restaurant that sources organic produce grown onsite. A full-service wedding coordinator makes weddings truly magical. Quiet, luxurious and romantic. Come join the Rancho Pescadero family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Rancho Pescadero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pescadero Hotel El Pescadero
- Rancho Pescadero El Pescadero, Mexico - Todos Santos