“Relaxation”
Review of Rancho Pescadero

Rancho Pescadero
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in El Pescadero
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We really enjoyed this resort . Everything was first rate. The service ,rooms,and food. We went for a walk down an empty beach,we loved the pool . We watched whales swim by from our balcony. I would recommend this,resort for anybody that wants to relax.

Room Tip: Room 22 had a great view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Breathtaking, amazing food, October has warm weather, clean and beautifully decorated...love that you can enjoy yoga on premises and feel so at peace with being detached! Fantastic service - love that you don't sign or pay for anything til the very bitter end - it's like you are truly a guest!!! Best massage I have EVER had!!

Room Tip: the extra cost for water view is ABSOLUTELY worth it!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Rancho Pescadero is certainly a very special place, rightly deserving it's high rating on Trip Advisor, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a quieter, more chilled out break on Baja than Cabo!

A couple of small points as to why my stay didn't get an excellent rating: despite arriving at around 1:30pm, our room wasn't ready until 3pm. OK, we were given one complimentary drink each at the bar, but that's standard (& a nice touch) at Rancho Pescadero. Just frustrating waiting until 3pm when the place was very quiet & no-one else was waiting to check in.

Secondly, we were forgotten about for turndown service/chocolates in the room the first night (no big deal) but also forgotten about for breakfast the next day, which was more frustrating waiting for it to arrive/checking outside the door, then finally having to go down to chase this (no phone in the room to call). Again, not a massive deal, but it took the shine off the morning a bit being forgotten about when the place was pretty quiet. In terms of breakfast, it literally is just coffee and a very small amount of fruit (a portion size for one person I'd say) could be a bit more generous.

However, having said that, the above are small things, and I definitely hope to return soon. The food at the bar for lunch, and the restaurant in the evening was superb, and better than the meal we had at a highly rated restaurant in Todos Santos. The bar staff (& actually all the staff) were great, and very friendly/helpful with any requests. The room (Pacific Suite 23) was gorgeous... one of the few rooms on the 3rd floor so it has a fantastic view of the ocean and mountains too; lovely large balcony. The beach is beautiful and very quiet for walking along, and we had the swimming pools to ourself most of the time (mid-week). Also went to the complimentary yoga each morning which was a great way to start the day.

Overall, highly recommended, and I hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Pacific Suite 23 is one of the few rooms on the 3rd floor, so has lovely ocean & mountain views
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I have been enjoying Rancho Pescadero since it opened over 4 years ago. I make a point to go for every Birthday, and any chance I get in between. I love being there and bringing friends to enjoy the experience. Never disappoints! Always the best of everything from food to accommodations, service and extra special attention from every staff member ever encountered.
I will always recommend this unique and special place to anyone looking for a sure fire awesome vacation. Don't miss it! ******6Stars

Room Tip: I've stayed here more than a half a dozen times. There probably isn't any type of room I ha...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The ambiance at Rancho Pescadero is impeccable. The service and staff was excellent, I can't say enough. Myself and a friend felt like we could had been in any part of the world with the setting that Rancho Pescadero. The flight was only 2 hours from the states. Very safe and comfortable. No TV in the rooms and no kids under 18 years of age is a plus. It was a complete relaxing getaway. It felt like a honeymoon without having to travel to all ends of the earth. Our plans were to go to the Maldives. No need, after experiencing the ambiance at Rancho Pescadero. The garden restaurant was excellent. Fresh grown garden vegetables from Rancho Pescadero organic fields make for a great dining experience. My hat of to the manager and staff for their personal care. We will be back.

Room Tip: Room #3 the suite
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2013

From the moment we stepped foot onto the property we received the friendliest/top notch service... You have many options wrapped up into this little boutique hotel. I have stayed in four different hotels within Mexico and after one stay at Rancho Pescadero I wouldn't step foot in another resort/hotel. Every staff member will go above and beyond to make your stay the best. The service = 5 star, The food was beyond = 5 star, the accomadations = 5 star, the morning coffee and special treat = 5 star.... If I could give Rancho Pescadero bonus stars I would. I have already been to visit 3 times now with many more trips to come!! Thank you to the staff for always putting the love into their job to make our vacation exceptional. Also, thank you to the staff for always asking and growing on what they have to offer.... Until the next time =)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My sister and I have been staying at Rancho Pescadero almost every December since it has opened. Overall: great service, great location, great food, great activities. Each time I stay there, there is always something new and it's easy to friend both the staff and other guests. There is a pool, or you can make a quick walk out to the beach and swim in the ocean, giving you the best of both worlds. The staff is excellent in suggesting interesting activities in the area (even if they do not offer it directly). We usually see whales right off the beach, since we go during the migration season.The hotel is clean, the staff professional, and the views are spectacular.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
#2 of 8 in Todos Santos
Cerritos Surf Town
Cerritos Surf Town
#3 of 4 in El Pescadero

Been to Rancho Pescadero? Share your experiences!