“Outstanding an amazing experience”
Review of Rancho Pescadero

Rancho Pescadero
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in El Pescadero
“Outstanding an amazing experience”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We have been coming to Los Cabos for 14 years and have a timeshare in town. Every year we take a drive to the Pacific side to Todo Santos and enjoy a day at the beach. This year I decided that the family should go for a few days and stay on the other side. I researched a few hotel and found Rancho Pescadero by chance. All I can say is that the three days we stayed were outstanding and amazing. There is nothing I can say that was wrong….. The staff was outstanding, helpful and wonderful. The food was amazing and the casita we had was beautiful, mindfully decorated and peaceful. No TV's or phones in the rooms but there is wifi for those who need to keep in touch with the outside world. Each casita had board games and we enjoyed the company of each other. I highly recommend going to Rancho Pescadero, I know we plan to go back next year for at least a week.

Room Tip: I believe that all the rooms are wonderful… We had an ocean view with a beautiful lanai.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JSBerman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We have now stayed at the Rancho over 10 times as this place has our heart! After a crazy busy holiday season we knew there is no better place to relax and recharge than RP. We love driving in on the sand road and feeling like we are truly getting away from it all. It is exciting to see and smell what foods and flowers are growing in the vast fields during the drive in. This trip fields of basil, chives and calla lilies graced our entry. This is our 4th review so I won't go into everything that makes RP so remarkable. All the other reviews really describe the details of how special this property is. Why I am writing is that the one area that has not quite measured up in all the past visits - dinner experience and use of the garden - is now approaching perfection. The hotel has recently opened their Garden Restaurant for dinner every night. The ambience makes you feel like you are in a very special Mexican environment. The restaurant is open air with lovely lighting, wood-burning grill and oven, tables set with bouquets of the calla lilies growing in the nearby fields, the coolest rustic painted wooden tables. The area is a feast for the eyes and sits right next to the well tended garden. Music plays lightly in the background. Chef Bueno is serving some delicious foods. So whereas in past trips we almost always ventured in to the Cafe Santa Fe for dinner we now can have the option of just staying put.

The Rancho is so special! We cannot wait to return!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank J&KBoulder
Asbury Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I don't know where to begin. I will keep it short and sweet. I loved everything the room( Milagro suite) the food, the staff, the beach, the pool. I could go on and on. I wish no one knew about this place. Would love to keep it a secret forever. we will be back every year for our anniversary. ( my husband promised!)

Room Tip: Choose a Milagro suite
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Feeling guilty as I would rather keep this divine resort experience to myself; amazing rooms, pacific surf, whales on the door-step; super helpful staff (with an impressive knowledge of fine tequila), laid back and chilled vibe... perfect to hideaway from the world, or use as a mini-hub to explore some of the adorable spots in the locale... the food was delicious - special recommendation for the chilaquiles, cervice and the cute complimentary breakfast baskets in the morning...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Philadelphia
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

It's rare to find a hotel that knocks it out of the park on so many levels, but Rancho Pescadero does exactly that. I'd be hard pressed to find a complaint about this place: impeccable setting and grounds, over-the-top-awesome staff, delicious and affordable restaurant, simple and comfortable rooms, great surf, and so much more.

The laid back attitude is evident from the moment of arrival, "Welcome, please let us take your bags while you enjoy some welcome cocktails." No credit cards, no signatures, no waiting around.

They have also made a point to eliminate the small inconveniences of a hotel stay. Tips? All settled (if you desire) at checkout. Restaurant recs? Not a preprinted list, but a chat with the owner about her favorite taquerias. Surfboard rentals? All included, with your stay.

In my opinion, what's most notable about this place -- and the staff -- is that both exude the values they promote. They are chill, laid back, "tranquillo," friendly, and approachable. There's not a whiff of the snotty-snobby-we're-too-good-for-you vibe found at so many of the Cabo luxury resorts. No attempt to nickel-and-dime for things like food, rentals, and wifi.

That what makes this a special place, and I hope it stays this way, as I intend to be back often.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maggioant
Barrie, Ontario
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Rancho Pescadero. The room was lovely and clean, and the bed was comfortable. We had a beautiful view of the ocean and could hear the waves crashing onto the beach. The staff were helpful and friendly. The sunsets were amazing! My husband and I spent our last night curled up on clean beach cabana, with a bottle of wine and a small fire as the sun set. We were the only ones on the beach that night...wonderful privacy. It was very relaxing and provided good value.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank karenpBarrie_Ontario
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I am seven months overdue writing this review but feel no wowed by our visit. This place really is "all that". Relaxing. Lovely. Friendly. Good food. Good drinks. Quiet(!!!!!!!). Easy. Did I mention relaxing?

Every picture posted here is 'true'. Every comment noted here is real. As two gay men, we weren't sure how 'friendly' it would be, the (San Francisco) good folks who own Rancho Pescadero were gracious and lovely. From the minute you arrive...you simply get to exhale...and enjoy all that is Rancho Pescadero.

Bravo! We'll be back...

#1 of 9 in El Pescadero
Sol Pacifico Cerritos
Sol Pacifico Cerritos
#1 of 9 in El Pescadero

Been to Rancho Pescadero? Share your experiences!