“One of my favorite hotels in the world!”
Review of Rancho Pescadero

Rancho Pescadero
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in El Pescadero
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Summer of 2013 I flew into Cabo in a storm so rented a car and went up the Caribbean side and back down the Pacific side. Came across Todos Santos which has great architecture and many galleries (not really my thing) and great restaurants (unfortunately my thing Lol). Just snooping around and pulled into the road to Rancho Pescadero and knew I had to stay. Heaven on earth, the food, the view, the rooms, the quiet (no phones or tv's), the staff especially young guy in the bar :) I ended up staying several days and almost cried when I had to leave. Would have been better with a romantic partner but otherwise amazing. Maybe a gym would have been nice but instead running on the beach was great. Very special place!!

Room Tip: My room was amazing with a covered deck and loungers and chairs so comfy, Iaid out there and read bo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kmackay

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We just stayed at this hotel for 3 days and it is great. Quiet, beautiful setting, good bar and great food. Love the cottage garden right out the front of the restaurant. The service was perfectly understated (no hovering) just helpful. I would go back there in a heartbeat. Just felt right. My wife had a good massage there as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kevin K
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is where you go for complete relaxation, exceptional service and remarkable food. The Chef prepares meals from the organic garden on site. Due to the intimacy of this place the guests mingle with each other making for a very pleasant experience. It certainly is a Zen atmosphere, very quiet and relaxing. I had a room near the pool and was worried about potential noise, however, the guests were very respectful of other guests and noise was not a problem. This will be a return visit year after year. We went with another couple (gay) and were welcomed warmly and accepted by both guests and staff.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bibliognostic
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We have been coming to Los Cabos for 14 years and have a timeshare in town. Every year we take a drive to the Pacific side to Todo Santos and enjoy a day at the beach. This year I decided that the family should go for a few days and stay on the other side. I researched a few hotel and found Rancho Pescadero by chance. All I can say is that the three days we stayed were outstanding and amazing. There is nothing I can say that was wrong….. The staff was outstanding, helpful and wonderful. The food was amazing and the casita we had was beautiful, mindfully decorated and peaceful. No TV's or phones in the rooms but there is wifi for those who need to keep in touch with the outside world. Each casita had board games and we enjoyed the company of each other. I highly recommend going to Rancho Pescadero, I know we plan to go back next year for at least a week.

Room Tip: I believe that all the rooms are wonderful… We had an ocean view with a beautiful lanai.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JSBerman
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We have now stayed at the Rancho over 10 times as this place has our heart! After a crazy busy holiday season we knew there is no better place to relax and recharge than RP. We love driving in on the sand road and feeling like we are truly getting away from it all. It is exciting to see and smell what foods and flowers are growing in the vast fields during the drive in. This trip fields of basil, chives and calla lilies graced our entry. This is our 4th review so I won't go into everything that makes RP so remarkable. All the other reviews really describe the details of how special this property is. Why I am writing is that the one area that has not quite measured up in all the past visits - dinner experience and use of the garden - is now approaching perfection. The hotel has recently opened their Garden Restaurant for dinner every night. The ambience makes you feel like you are in a very special Mexican environment. The restaurant is open air with lovely lighting, wood-burning grill and oven, tables set with bouquets of the calla lilies growing in the nearby fields, the coolest rustic painted wooden tables. The area is a feast for the eyes and sits right next to the well tended garden. Music plays lightly in the background. Chef Bueno is serving some delicious foods. So whereas in past trips we almost always ventured in to the Cafe Santa Fe for dinner we now can have the option of just staying put.

The Rancho is so special! We cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J&KBoulder
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I don't know where to begin. I will keep it short and sweet. I loved everything the room( Milagro suite) the food, the staff, the beach, the pool. I could go on and on. I wish no one knew about this place. Would love to keep it a secret forever. we will be back every year for our anniversary. ( my husband promised!)

Room Tip: Choose a Milagro suite
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Feeling guilty as I would rather keep this divine resort experience to myself; amazing rooms, pacific surf, whales on the door-step; super helpful staff (with an impressive knowledge of fine tequila), laid back and chilled vibe... perfect to hideaway from the world, or use as a mini-hub to explore some of the adorable spots in the locale... the food was delicious - special recommendation for the chilaquiles, cervice and the cute complimentary breakfast baskets in the morning...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
#6 of 8 in Todos Santos
Hotel Miramar
Hotel Miramar
#7 of 8 in Todos Santos

Been to Rancho Pescadero? Share your experiences!