It’s exciting to write the first review of the new Rancho Pescadero only just discovered by Trip Advisor. My wife and I were in Baja recently for a dive trip with Baja Expeditions and we found a wonderful house to rent for a few days before the trip for our group of ten divers. Rancho Pescadero is built on 15 oceanfront acres 90 minutes north of Cabo San Lucas and 15 minutes south of Todos Santos on two miles of deserted beach at the end of a mile long dirt road in Pescadero. When we arrived we all felt a wave of instant relaxation wash over us as the owner walked us into the formal vestibule of the five bedroom Hacienda. We just didn’t expect anything this beautiful at the end of a dirt road. It was elegant everywhere we looked, in the design of formal spaces and private nooks, the beautiful (and varied) floor tiling, the windows, the furnishings, the upscale kitchen, the variety of fixtures all over the house, the hot tub pouring into the pool and the covered pool side conversation and dining area with its own BBQ kitchen. But it was the complimentary wooden cask of tequila in the dining room that convinced us Lisa Harper was running a class act.
However if you only need accommodations for couples or a small group she has now done the same thing right next door in the form of a 12 suite boutique hotel. The three small stucco buildings with four suites each provide a similar style and are also beautifully appointed. Her brochure slogan “an outrageous private oceanfront oasis” is no understatement. Every suite faces the ocean and consists of a master bedroom with adjoining large bathroom (and plenty of storage) and a covered patio with day bed, chaise lounges, table, refrigerator mini bar and in upstairs suites, a commanding view of the pristine beach and Pacific Ocean. And above each upstairs suite is a rooftop “crow’s nest” with a day bed draped in netting, perfect for sunsets, moonrises and reading. It’s a sort of “ensuite retreat ”. One day in November we climbed up there on the short circular staircase to watch a gilded sunset immediately followed by a moonrise over the Sierra de Laguna behind us. I especially liked the smaller details in the rooms like binoculars for bird and whale watching, iPod docks and wireless internet hookups but, thankfully, no TV. The hotel has a pool with an open air bar, restaurant with inside and outside seating and a fire pit out on the lawn. A second floor open air multipurpose room will be equipped with a wide screen TV for viewing major sporting events. At the time of this posting the restaurant wasn’t officially open but luckily we were able to sample the lunch menu and the food was delicious and beautifully presented. They can arrange spa services for you at their own beach front spa, surfing instruction, fishing guides (or surf casting right there) and other activities.
But as beautiful and comfortable as it was the most impressive aspect was how genuine and welcoming the owners and staff are. They want you to relax and feel at home. And the emphasis is on relax. It’s a resort but without the attitude. Rancho Pescadero doesn’t insulate you from your surroundings as so many resorts do. There’s just an easy transition between the inside and outside comforts.
It’s a beautiful place with nice people. And refreshingly they’re working with a local conservation group to protect and preserve the coastline and the turtle nesting program on their beach. We found a good one here and will return for all the above plus the sheer joy of going to sleep and waking to the sound of the ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pescadero, Baja California Sur - An Outrageous Oceanfront Oasis - This private, secluded beach resort sits on 15 acres in Pescadero, five miles south of Todos Santos and 45 minutes north of Cabo San Lucas. Guests enjoy two luxurious swimming pools, multiple lounging areas, and spacious, beautifully appointed rooms, all with outdoor patios. Evening bonfires and world-class surf await you on the beach. Daily complimentary yoga classes and an amazing farm-to-table restaurant that sources organic produce grown onsite. A full-service wedding coordinator makes weddings truly magical. Quiet, luxurious and romantic. Come join the Rancho Pescadero family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Rancho Pescadero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pescadero Hotel El Pescadero
- Rancho Pescadero El Pescadero, Mexico - Todos Santos