My wife and I recently were back at Cerritos; we stayed last January for 4 nights, and again this January for 5 nights ( we bought a block of 10 nights). We obviously liked it enough to come back (despite some mild drawbacks), and I think its getting better.
The year prior, there were power and water black-outs, usually in the middle of the night. This time, there were no black-outs. We had a one bedroom villa, and it was fairly well equipped; we requested a blender and a coffee maker, and they provided them for us. the staff at Cerritos had a complete turnover, and its for the better; they are much more accommodating and much less defensive about any requests. example: a year prior, they charged $10/day for really spotty wifi that only worked around the pool. Now, its included, which is such the common sense thing to do. Still limited bandwith, but hey, you deal with it. They have daily housekeeping. There is now a shack out front where u can rent boogie boards and surf boards and get lessons. I rented a boogie board for 4 days, and loved it!
Read these reviews and come prepared. Rent a car. Buy your groceries in Cabo prior to coming to Cerritos. OMG, stop at Asi & Asado for tacos in Cabo beforehand and pick up enough tacos for the week. Buy your own booze and blend your own pina coladas. Take said pina colada to the beach. What else do you need?
If given a choice between one of the resorts in Cabo or Cerritos, i'll take Cerritos anyday. But it depends what you want. I love waking up to the ocean, make my own coffee in my villa, go out to beach to just stretch, read, and bop back and forth into the ocean. I can buy overpriced lunch or dinner, or make my own. I can drive 8 miles into Todos Santos and hang out there for the day if I want, its all super leisurely. And I don't have to fight over patio chairs or space or even be bothered by other people.
BTW, I didn't need a wetsuit to swim in the ocean. The ocean was warmer than the unheated swimming pool.
We liked it enough we extended our balance of rooms; we now have 10 more nights in a 2 bedroom villa to be used in the next 2 years, and we are super excited to be back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cerritos Surf Colony is located on world famous Cerritos Beach with a reputation frequently noted in Surfer Magazine for champion surfing. Cerritos Beach is the best beach in Cabo, and voted first runner up in Los Cabos Magazine! Cerritos Surf Colony is a neighbor to both the Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel (a majestic mansion hotel located on a private cliff at the shore of the ocean), and the celebrity frequented hot spot Cerritos Beach Club & Surf where you can get surfing lessons, board rental, and great food.Cerritos Surf Colony is a beach front resort of Mayan inspiration and thatched palm roofs. The free standing studio, one, two, and four bedroom villas are solar energy assisted. Enjoy our amazing swimming pool and bar, surf the waves out your back door , climb the Sierra de la Lagunas, explore the artist colony of Todos Santos, or just lay back in your own palm shaded hammock.ATV rental, horseback riding, kayaking, fishing, art gallery walks, hiking Triple Waterfall, Voluntourism, massage, are just some of the things to enjoy here in Baja California. Los Cerritos provides simplicity, tranquility and a break from city life that you have been longing for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Booking.com so you can book your Cerritos Surf Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerritos Surf Colony Hotel El Pescadero
- Cerritos Surf Town El Pescadero, Mexico - Todos Santos