“Loved it so much that we are buying a villa there!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in El Pescadero
Villas de Cerritos Beach
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in El Pescadero
Truckee, California
“Loved it so much that we are buying a villa there!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

We loved Villa De Cerritos Beach so much that we decided to buy one of the new villas that they are building. The owner as well as the staff are all fabulously friendly. We loved Cerritos Beach and the surfing was top notch. We loved the whole Cerritos area so much that when we heard that some new villas were being built at Villas de Cerritos Beach we decided to buy one! If you are in the area and need a place to stay I cannot recommend this place highly enough. Such a unique and fun property only a 5 minute walk to the beach. And incredibly affordable. Keep up the good work Villa De Cerritos!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank tracybraylina

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

I just spent 2 nights here. Dec 2012.
I was welcomed by very kind people.
I had emailed with the manager several times, who sent fast and useful replies.

Luckily I was given an upgrade and had an ENORMOUS apartment during my stay.
It had 2 huge bedrooms and bathrooms, a huge kitchen, living area and a balcony.
This would easily and comfortably sleep 4 people.

The bed was very comfy and the bathroom was clean and spacious.
There was drinking water supplied, which I appreciated.
I could also access the wifi from my apartment.

I ate at the restaurant one evening, fish tacos - delicious!
I also did a wonderful yoga class in the bar area, after a long walk / run on Cerritos beach. Apparently they have yoga a few times a week there - fantastic idea!
It's a max 5 min walk down the hill to the beach, like most places on Cerritos beach.

If you come, you may wish to bring some food, as they do not serve breakfast.
You can get breakfast at the beach, but it is expensive.
It's a 10-15 min drive to Todos Santos, a bit less to El Pescadero.
You may need to go out for dinner, as there are not many options close to the hotel.

You will definitely need a car to get here.
I had originally wanted to come by bus - that would have been a disaster.
It is a little difficult to find the correct exit on the highway, as there were no real signs.

The building itself is a bit ugly, however this is made up for by the spacious and comfy accommodation, proximity to a fantastic surfing & swimming beach and friendly staff.

I loved the beach, loved the shrimp tacos at the beach club and would be happy to go back some day.
I would also be happy to stay at the Villas again, they are really great value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank trip-chick-munich
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

I coordinated a trip with some college buddies to Villas de Cerritos Beach recently, and I can't wait to get back! The place is perfectly situated next to an amazing beach, It's close to everything but away from the hustle and bustle of Cabo and La Paz. The units are nicely furnished, impeccably cleaned, and the service was downright awesome. We had cooks make our breakfast in-suite each day, we brought back a Dorado from our Sea of Cortez fishing excursions and the kitchen prepared it for us - grilled and as Sashimi. Everyone there is laid back and has a big smile there, and the American owner knows how to cater to his clientele.

It was perhaps one of the most relaxing lodging experiences I've ever had, and I've traveled through over 45 countries. Great value. I loved it so much, I seriously may move down there.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank BigKahuna007
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

I stayed in the second story two bedroom, two bath condo. The home was well furnished, comfortable and spotless! There was a master bedroom with a ensuite shower, toilet, large closet, sink & mirror. There was a safe in the closet and despite having a large amount of dollars and pesos I never used it. The other bathroom is located just outside of the door from the second bedroom. The beds were very, very comfortable and the air conditioning worked well for my afternoon naps. I didn't need the AC in the evenings. Two gals came in every morning and cooked us a delicious breakfast from the food we bought at Costco to stock our kitchen. The cook, Hiro, cooked us a phenomenal burger and fish sandwich one night and the other he prepared the Dorado we caught in butter and garlic pared with rice, beans, tomatoes, roasted peppers and home made tortillas. We spent every morning taking surf lessons from Mario Surf School. They were great instructors! We took lessons the first day and got up several times, I'm 56 years old and this was my first time surfing. We tried surfing on our own but it proved more difficult on our own judging which wave to ride and at what point to begin paddling. So we ended up hiring Mario Surf School instructors the re sing three days we were there. They were our surf Caddies telling us which wave to ride and when to start paddling. It was an easy walk to the beach from the Villas. What i loved about the beach were the long easily ridable waves, warm water and the unbelievably sandy bottom. In the five days we spent there i never stepped on a rock only soft fine sand. Mornings at the beach, lunch at Tortugas, the restaurant at the Villas, afternoons at the pool, evenings at the bar, an early dinner then off to our rooms for a movie. We'r also liked the reading lights above the bed with the switch just above the night stand. We spent our mornings enjoying our coffee on the deck overlooking Cerritos Beach. The power us created by a generator but you'd never know it. All the water is trucked except the filtered drinking water. I was skeptical about drinking the filtered spark Etta water jug they supply but finally broke down and tried. Once I determined it was safe We went through two jugs without incident. I highly recommend this place without reservation! I was there for an annual college reunion trip with 5 friends.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the rooms of the 3 story building
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Arthur V
Tucson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

The bungalow was basic, but comfortable and cute. The staff is friendly and helpful when you are able to find them. The beach is amazing and is close by. Todos Santos is a wonderful gem. The not so great parts where the horrible directions that I got from Carlos after first calling the number, then being asked to email him and waiting days to hear back, they were no help. When we got there after driving 30+ hours we couldn't find anyone so we could check in. The pool maintenance wasn't exactly up to par. I think someone complained because they closed it for about six hours mid day to clean it. There is construction going on. It didn't disturb my sleep inside the bungalow, but it wasn't quite as peaceful or relaxing to sit on the patio or be in hammock. The main thing that has me unhappy with the experience was the groupon I used. It said that it was 50% off. It may have been 50% off the peak season rates, but we had to use it by 10/1/12 and it was really only about 10-20% off the posted rates for the time that we had to be there. Some of the groupons seem to be a good deal, another guy got 2 surf lessons and a massage with his. Ours was basically a sham. I complained to groupon when I got back and they gave me a pat on the head in the form of a small credit. It still wasn't close to what it was portrayed to be....so buyer beware. We are glad that we went, it was a once in a life time experience driving the Baja peninsula, we won't be going back.

Room Tip: I would guess that the bungalows are probably better than the villas while construction is going on...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank azkellyk
Drew H, Owner at Villas de Cerritos Beach, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and our staff met your high standards!

I am sorry about your misadventures in regard to arriving at our location. The roads can be confusing and the desert looks all the same. We are in the process of getting signage on the highway to out hotel.

Even though you have an issue with Groupon, I am sad to see that you did not perceive a high value of your coupon. I think this is because you traveled too late in the year...in the slowest time of our season, during the hot and tropical weather. When calculating the discount you failed to use the high-season rack rate.

Better luck next time!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

Found this gem on Groupon. Used the Groupon for my honeymoon. The property is quite new and is full of continuing construction. When we arrived we were greeted by Drew, the owner. He walked us to our bungalow and gave us a run down of the ins and outs of the property.

Our bungalow was a good size. Comfortable bed. Air conditioning worked quite well in the hot August week we were there. The room has a fridge, sink, and a two burner stove top in the kitchen area. Drinking water is provided in a water cooler type unit in the room. There is a dining area had a table and chairs. The bathroom area has a sink with a mirror, toilet, and a shower. The first two days we were there we noticed the water didn't get warm at all. We finally asked and discovered that the water heater was not powered on. After finding that out and getting the water heater turned on the hot water was hot. Wish we would have asked on day one. The front patio area is covered and had a table and chairs and a nice hammock. It was nice to sit outside with a bottle of Pacifico and watch the sun disappear and the sky become very colorful before darkness set in.

The resort had a bar and grill with good food. I recommend eating there at least once during your stay. There is a pool but the water was very green. We were told it was due to the heavy rain they received a few days before we arrived. The region hadn't had significant rainfall in over 3 years!

Overall, this is a very laid back place to stay. The beach is a 5 minute walk down the road and it is a MUST to visit. I hope to end up back at the Villas de Cerritos Beach again someday!

Room Tip: Bungalow is the way to go. Nice front patio with hammock.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Long Beach, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

We booked a 4 night stay for us and our 2 children (ages 5 & 10) over a month in advance. I paid for a villa that would sleep 4. I confirmed the reservation with Carlos 5 days before our arrival. I told him our flight wasn't coming in until 11p.m. and was concerned about not getting to the beach before midnight. Carlos assured me it wouldn't be a problem and not to worry. After meandering our way through unmarked and unlit dirt roads, we finally arrived at the villas around 12:30a.m. to find the place deserted. There was one man sitting in the front office, who claimed he didn't work there. He said he knew nothing of our reservation and couldn't help us (all in Spanish, as he didn't speak a word of English). We asked whether Carlos was there and he said he go find him. After 25 minutes of waiting, we finally looked in the reservation book on the desk. There was my name next to room B-11. We were furious and our boys were completely afraid and exhausted. We went out to find our room only to find that the villas were not marked. The lone un-employee returned and stated that he didn't want to bother Carlos and that he could only offer us a room that had 1 double bed --FOR 4 OF US TO SHARE! When we said that was unacceptable, he offered a larger room but said we would have to pay more for it -- even though I had already paid for a room that slept 4. The room he showed us was crawling with bugs and would have been a nightmare to sleep in, even if it had contained 2 beds. After over 90 minutes of all of this, we finally left. By the time we drove back to Cabo, it was 4a.m. There was literally no place to go. We locked the doors and let our boys sleep for 3 hours until the sun came up and then drove to San Jose del Cabo in search of a hotel. I left a letter for Carlos, with my phone number. He never called me and I am still fighting to get my money back. We have traveled all over Mexico and stayed in establishments from 5 star to hostels. We are surfers and not at all adverse to roughing it, but this experience was truly terrible and I want other prospective vacationers to beware.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
13 Thank Staci5469
We are very sorry for your experience.

I waited for you, personally with Juan Carlos until 2:30AM, then since you did not show...we went to sleep. In the morning we read your note, and wondered why you left your Villa??? I even had your A/C running!

Anyway, that was your choice not to stay.

We always try to make our guests happy and comfortable....we just ask our guest to give us a chance to make it right.
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Pescadero
#1 of 9 in El Pescadero
Cerritos Surf Town
Cerritos Surf Town
#3 of 4 in El Pescadero

Been to Villas de Cerritos Beach? Share your experiences!