“Great people-great place!”

Las Palmas Tropicales
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband and I stayed with Bobby and Wendy a few years ago. They are such awesome people and have a wonderful piece of property. We enjoyed using this as our home base while we explored the area. They gave us great advice on places to visit and made sure we were comfortable. We definitely hope to return!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Las Palmas Tropicales

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We were so taken with Las Palmas Tropicales last year that we went back again this year. One doesn't find gems like this very often, so why search elsewhere? Comfortable room, very clean, relaxed vibe, and an excellent beach as close as a backyard. Owners Wendy and Bobby do their utmost to make your stay pleasurable. It's become our home away from home.

Room Tip: All the casitas are attractive and if you don't need a kitchen, the Hibiscus is ideal for a coup...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014

A little off the main road, so you will need a car to get here (a little hard to find at night). We went right after a major storm in Sept. 2013, so the facilities were a little beat up. The owners(American natives) are very friendly and made sure our stay was pleasant. The highlight is the beach nearby and the fact that it is a short drive to a good surfing beach. Very quiet stay and the room had all the necessary amenities including kitchen, fridge and AC unit. Would definitely come back here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed in the Bouganvilla Casita with our daughter. The room was cozy with a small kitchen. There is no ocean view from the room, but the beach is right around the corner. We enjoyed the Palapa overlook and courtyard patio for hanging out everyday. The property felt very safe and well maintained. Bobby & Wendy were very sincere and hospitable. The hotel is very close to an awesome surf break and beautiful low key beach.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I was ready to book again for next year before I left ... Wendy and Bobby couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. The beach is gorgeous. The house was clean and more space than we really needed. It was great to have a fully equipped kitchen at our disposal. The sound of the surf was mesmerizing. The view was spectacular.

Todos Santos, about fifteen minutes away, offered shopping, wonderful restaurants and interesting people watching. There was live music as well. Wendy helped direct us to the better values and food.

Falling asleep every night with a cool breeze coming through the window and the sound of the waves was so peaceful. I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I just came back from a week at Las Tropicales and I remember writing an e-mail to my wife saying, "that's all I hear is the crashing of the waves, the birds, the typing of my fingers on the keyboard and my refrigerator going on once in a while". The WiFi kept me connected to my family and the A/C made things very comfortable as I went during the more humid time of year.
I have a job where I am totally plugged into "the grid" and relish the thought of getting away from it all and this is the place to do it. If you've been to Cabo a lot and are tired of the same old Cabo scene and are looking to experience the quieter and more serene side of the Cabo area where there are miles of empty beaches, billions of stars (no city lights), genuinely friendly people and a much slower pace this is the area to go to. One of the last vestiges of the real Cabo area. I've been surfing down in Cabo since 1990 and have been to many areas in and around Cabo and I would highly recommend Bob and Wendys place. It's right on the beach and off the beaten path. I stayED the the Casa Mar and was pleasantly surprised. All I can say is "ENJOY".

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We rented the house and brought our 6 kids and their girlfriends that made 11 of us.The house fit us all perfectly and the location on the beach made for easy swimming and great volleyball .
Bob and Wendy are great hosts and the house is clean and nicely appointed .We would recommend this property.We have stayed there as a couple and a family and had a great time every time .

• Stayed: January 2013
#1 of 8 in El Pescadero
Cerritos Surf Town
Cerritos Surf Town
#3 of 4 in El Pescadero

Been to Las Palmas Tropicales? Share your experiences!