“You don't have to die to experience heaven!”

Las Palmas Tropicales
New York City, New York
“You don't have to die to experience heaven!”
Reviewed 21 December 2010

My partner and I spent eight days at Las Palmas and it was eight days of heaven...walked for miles on the pristine beaches and saw no one else except a few surfers...the Casita we stayed in was perfect...beautiful kitchen with a porch overlooking the most exquisite view of San Pedrito beach. Stop in Wal-Mart on your way in to stock up on groceries and you can spend the next week living like glorious castaways. Wendy and Bobby are excellent hosts providing help with anything you may need and information about the region. The sea turtle rescue project and night of shooting stars just added to the experience. If you don't want to cook, great seafood dining experiences are just a short car ride away in Todos Santos. I cannot wait to go back next year.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Lillooet
Reviewed 28 January 2010

We found the stay very peacful.The room was large with beautiful ocean views.It was nice to have a kitchen for those times we did not wish to go out and to have snacks.The owners were very nice and extremly helpful.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 10 January 2010

We had everything we wanted and nothing we didnt here. We could hear the waves crashing while we slept at night in our clean and bright casita ( we were in la mer). During the day, we hiked over to Los Cerritos for surfing or lunch, went body surfing at Pescadero ( there is a little footpath to the beach from your casita- about 2 minutes to the beach), drove into Todos Santos or to the fresh fruit and veg. markets in town, to check out the art and to explore the area--there is so much to explore around here and Wendy and Bobby and their family make sure you are well looked after when you are at their home.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Oregon
Reviewed 11 November 2009

I spent a week here at Las Palmas Tropicales and it was a great place to stay. Wendy and Bobby were the most gracious and helpful hosts and it was very quite and clean. The beach was beautiful and a 3 minute walk from the casitas. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 20 July 2009

As part of our 3 week Mexican adventure, my husband and I were looking to spend some quality beach time in Todos Santos and we found the perfect little spot to accomodate us. We stayed in the top floor Casita, and instantly fell in love with our ocean view and palapa roof. The location was steps away from a beautiful beach where longs walks and amazing sunsets were enjoyed every day. Wendy and Bobby could not have been more gracious hosts...they were so friendly and accomodating with lots of local knowledge to share. Minutes away from the beach, cerritos (our favorite surf spot), and the quaint town of todos santos, it dosen't get much better than this! We cant wait to come back!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
planet earth
Reviewed 23 March 2009

A fortunate string of circumstances brought me to Las Palmas Tropicales. In the middle of an extended visit to the mountains of Baja, I was looking for a place near the ocean and away from a town where I could relax for a week, have plenty of privacy, do my own cooking, and still work over the Internet. I looked into several places, but Wendy was by far the most responsive and accommodating so I decided to choose this spot.

I happened to be traveling without a car, and Wendy and Bobbie went out of their way to make it possible for me to get to their casitas a good mile off the highway right on San Pedrito beach. When Bobbie picked me up from the grocery store in Todos Santos, he said they don’t “usually” do this kind of thing, but based on everything they did during that week to make my stay comfortable, it seems they’re pretty natural at being helpful and caring, without being overbearing. During the week there was at least one other grocery run, and at the end I was able to catch a ride with them all the way to Cabo.

The other serendipitous element was that since their best casita happened to be vacant, they offered to let me stay there for the price of a mid-range casita – not that this kind of happenstance should be expected all the time. Of course I accepted the offer – it’s the 3rd floor of a small house with three separate units. The bay window overlooks the Pacific ocean and it’s lofty and airy because of the palapa-style roof. The bed has a high-quality mattress and the furniture is tasteful. The kitchenette has everything you’d need, and the place is very clean, with plentiful towels and spring water. The ozone-rich air is immediately soothing to the body and mind.

The location is great. No traffic, just the ever-present sound of waves and the wind blowing through the palm trees. This is real ocean – apparently one of the best surf breaks in the region (I’m not a surfer) – a wide, sandy beach that was too long for me to quite walk end to end in the whole week (I’m a big walker), and so few people (sometimes none) that you’d almost wish for more. Unlike most beaches on this stretch of Baja, you can swim here. I guess the undertow is less treacherous than in Todos Santos. Las Palmas Tropicales has about 6 or 7 units, well spaced apart, and in the middle is a sitting area with a couple of barbecue arrangements. As a solo traveler, this part was of little interest to me, but I can imagine it would be perfect for couples, families, and groups.

The only drawback I experienced is that there were a few mornings when the wifi was down till about 9 a.m., a bit of an issue for me since my clients are 8 hours ahead of Mexico, but this was really minor and just gave me a chance to take it easy. For an out-of-the-way spot in Baja it’s a miracle to have such amenities as wifi at all. Even though I kept to myself I got to know Wendy and Bobbie and their family and they made me feel welcome, safe, and happy. What more could you want?

BTW, they do accept credit cards now via PayPal.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
bozeman. mt
Reviewed 2 March 2009

Bobby and Wendy run a nice place - quiet but great for families - just one lot off the beach - easy walk to a quiet and beautiful beach with a surf break... place is well kept and owners were there asking if we needed anything and nice to chat with. teenage daughter did some babysitting and my 4 yr old still talks about her!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
Cerritos Beach Inn
Cerritos Beach Inn
#1 of 9 in El Pescadero
Cerritos Beach Hotel Desert Moon

Been to Las Palmas Tropicales? Share your experiences!