“Gorgeous location, superb food and excellent staff”

Fig Tree Restaurant and Rooms
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ewingsdale
Fig Tree Restaurant and Rooms
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ewingsdale
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We visited The Fig Tree Restaurant & Rooms with it as a potential wedding venue in mind and enjoyed the superb degustation menu on a Sunday lunch. We sat on the deck by the pool and were struck by the beautiful locale, wonderful, attentive and friendly service and amazing food. Che is doing wonderful things with this place and we are looking forward to our celebration. The accommodation is immaculate and for us, only the word's 'perfect' sprang to mind. I honestly can't imagine why everyone wouldn't want to get married here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Wow, Walk don't run to the Fig Tree. We visited Byron Bay for the day and weren't sure where to get the best meal. Needless to say, we're so lucky tripadvisor lead us to the Fig Tree. With the beautiful views and superb menu it's head and shoulders above the other dining options in Byron.

Each course is small, tapas style, but good enough that you'd eat 10 times that portion. The tasting menu-style allows a customizable dining experience. The kitchen even made me a custom dessert becaue I can't eat dairy. Incredibly nice service, beautiful view, delectable food. What more could you want?

I olny wish I lived closer by so I could eat there more frequently.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed 5 November 2013

How can you not rave about The Fig Tree Restaurant. We were lucky enough to celebrate our daughter and son in laws wedding at this beautiful location. What a pleasure to sit beneath the fig tree for the ceremony and to toast the bride and groom with a glass of bubbles as we looked out towards the lighthouse. The lawn games were very popular with all ages, and the cocktails were enjoyed by both the guys and the girls. Wait staff were very friendly and couldn't help enough. We had a canapé wedding. It was the best wedding food I have tasted. Thank you to everyone for making this a day to remember.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Glenda K
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Wow, what an amazing experience! We had the great pleasure of enjoying our son's wedding on Saturday 24th August at this lovely venue. What a great choice my son and his beautiful new wife made when they chose Fig Tree. Starting from the onsite accommodation where the bride and her bridal party enjoyed a leisurely start to the day, then the Ceremony held under the fig tree with the gorgeous view of Byron to add to the experience, on to canapés and cocktails by the pool then at sunset, into the charming reception rooms, where the meal was the best wedding food we have ever experienced. I have to add, the staff couldn't have been more attentive. Thank you all involved for helping to make this the occasion the newly married couple deserved.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kerri W
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

fig tree was just the most amazing place and dining experience. we all had the 6 course tasting menu and couldn't believe the quality. such friendly staff and a great atmosphere. the owner happily shared the history of this place which made it even more special. will definately be back n hopefully our friends choose this place as their wedding destination :)

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We booked a meal at this wonderful restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary. My partner checked that there were no weddings booked for our preferred date as we had read on this site some negative comments. Great, no weddings booked. The restaurant phoned us a couple of days prior to our booking to confirm we were still going and we also checked that there were no weddings bookings that had slipped in. Enerything was fine!
We were greeted immediately on arrival by a lovely lady with a great smile, shown to our table by the window which looked out towards the Byron lighthouse, flashing in the distance.
We were given trwo complimentary glasses of bubbly as it was out anniversary, a lovely treat. We ordered the 6 course degustation meal. While we waited we were given a complimentary glass of mushroom and schallot broth followed by olives, bread and oil.
the first of the six courses I selected was a Japanese style dish of Kingfish, followed by Bangalow pork terrine, then a prawn broth which was gorgeous. It contained corriander which I hate but I have to admit after tasting this dish I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. The final savoury section was the Beef cheek which came with potatoes pumpkin and sweet corn and oh so very filling. This was followed by desserts and local Bangalow cheese. We came away both very, very full. The restaurant is BYO. Friendly efficient staff and a relaxed atmosphere throughout.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank possum60
Reviewed 6 March 2013

My friends & I went to Byron from Melbourne & visited the Fig Tree over the weekend after e-mail correspondence with the lovely Sarah & we met Che to look at the Fig Tree for our Wedding venue, I was absolutely blown away by the beauty & location of the Fig Tree, even the rain did not take away from the magical vibe of this place.

Che was so helpful, knowledgeable & easy to deal with & the restaurant & grounds were just perfect for a Wedding!

We had a tour of 'The Dairy' accommodation & it was beautiful!
Spacious, well designed & perfect for a weekend getaway or of course getting ready for your big day it had a real boho luxury vibe about it which I loved!

The Fig Tree had a Wedding off-site so we went to their Sister restaurant the ‘Eatery’ in the main town for lunch & the food was to die for, great selection & so fresh & delicious & excellent service.
I was truly impressed & I could not recommend both the Restaurants & the accommodation highly enough.

I will definitely be making the Fig Tree & Eatery a regular haunt when we are back in Byron.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Melissa_Delaney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewingsdale
Elements of Byron
#14 of 34 in Byron Bay
Atlantic Byron Bay
Atlantic Byron Bay
#4 of 34 in Byron Bay

Been to Fig Tree Restaurant and Rooms? Share your experiences!