“Very Pleasant”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ewingsdale
Brisbane, Australia
“Very Pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

If you can remind yourself of the fact that you are staying at a guest house and not a hotel you will not be dissappointed. Victoria provides a personal touch to your stay that you do not get from a hotel generally. The fact that the property is just outside of Byron makes it the perfect relaxing getaway. Whilst my husband & I enjoyed the bustle of Byron Bay by day, it was great to retreat to tranquil surroundings by night. We stayed in a suite with a spa and although it was
a little on the cramped side,Overall it was very pleasant. Our room was next to the chicken and emu pen, and when I heard the clucking of chickens in the morning I was merely reminded of my peaceful country surroundings.Far nicer than the sound of humans. We chose not to have the breakfast butnot because of the price, just because we didn't want to have breakfast at a certain time.(between 8.30 & 9.30) Victoria doesn't push breakfast upon you at all. In fact she leaves complimentary homemade pastries in the kitchen. We paid $399 for our night and I would say that it was worth the price. If we had paid $499 as it was advertised as being previoulsy I think I would say it would have not been such good value. Victoria seems to work tirelessly to make your stay an enjoyable one and for that I highly commend her.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend took me away for the night and to say I was impressed is a complete understatement.
Victoria met us on arrival and like others showed us around happily whilst telling about the place. We were given all the options of eating on site, down the road or in town and were never made to feel pressured. We opted for the breakfast, at the time I thought how indulgent being I barely manage a coffee but I have to say it was one of the most impressive and well spent $35 breakfasts I've had.
The room was immaculately clean and adequate space the surroundings like the dales of UK. I loved this place and quite frankly would marry my boyfriend tomorrow for taking me there.....as that's not likely to happen I will be sending my parents instead.
Thank you Victoria, I look forward to coming back

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012 via mobile

Stunning. We stayed in a executive spa suite. Everything was thought of, from complimentary port, home made treats, beautiful linen and chocolate coated coffee beans. The views were beautiful, the linen soft and the spa spacious.
Victoria was warm and friendly.
We left relaxed and refreshed.
Thank you Victoria.

• Stayed July 2012
Gibraltar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

If you're looking to relax at the very beautiful Byron Bay, this is the place to do it at. The villa (although not cheap) is absolutely beautiful.

When we arrived, we pretty much had the entire villa to ourselves. The pool is glorious, the facilities are incredible, It felt like a (very beautiful) home from home.

The best thing was, that we had been travelling around quite a bit, and we were exhausted, so we just wanted to relax. Because the weather wasn't exactly bbq weather, we were allowed to use the facilities, to simply cook ourselves dinner. The breakfast, however, although on the steep side, is faultless!

The place is beautiful and the family who owns it are all extremely welcoming!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

Victoria was lovely, she greeted us at the door and showed us around. It was a few days before Xmas and we were the only guests besides family she had visiting. We had the standard room which I had read on TA would be small, but we were pleasantly surprised. (Perhaps our standards are different having travelled to SE Asia and slept in much tinier rooms). There was certainly room for our bags, and there was a comfy chair in one corner and a bureau in another.

The pool looked inviting though we never went for a swim. The lawns and gardens were maintained and looked lovely. We batted down a few spiderwebs on the paths though, after walking into them.

We enjoyed the nearby attractions on the three days we were there and when we returned exhausted, it was nice to come back to a dvd selection and quiet surroundings. Victoria was on call 24 hrs - we had to call her a couple of times (1. the bathroom light blew, 2. we called her from byron asking if there was a freezer so we could buy some icecream - she was lovely and let us use her family fridge). We normally stay in hotels so it was foreign to us to be invited into the communal areas - it felt like we were intruding in the kitchen, particularly as we knew it was just her family around. Victoria certainly did all she could to make us feel welcome however.

This place isn't ideal for backpackers/flashpackers or young singles - it's great for a special occasion, or retreat from a hectic lifestyle. It's handy to have a car, but taxis are about $20 to get into Byron. We were lucky to have a 2 for 1 experience, and enjoyed our stay, however I'm not sure we'd pay $300 for one night here. But I also know we aren't the target market of Victoria's - so 40+ couples who enjoy boutique experiences in beautiful locations, and newly weds looking for a private wedding night venue, give Victoria a call.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JacJac82
Mooloolaba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Thanks for providing such beautiful accommodation, have stayed in other 5 star accommodation in Sydney & Melbourne and nothing compares to Victoria's, the service and attention to detail was fantastic, and they breakfast was delicious. Thanks Victoria for a great two nights away.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
byron bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

Looking for something suitable and 'special' for accomodation for family on a wedding weekend next year, we arrived unannounced at Victoria's to be greeted by the very friendly gardener who called the owner, Victoria, to see if we could view the property. We were greeted at the door by the most charming of hosts and shown around the outstanding estate, which, I have to say after 30 years in the Travel Industry, being fortunate enough to mostly stay at 5 star properties, simply took my breath away! Some guest house owners just have it all - vision, taste, style and charm, and Victoria has it all in spades.
This simply stunning property would be at home on the shores of Lake Como or on a hill in Tuscany. I'm amazed at some remarks here about the 'small' room, which I thought was gorgeous, though not typical of the huge and even more fabulous rooms throughout this meandering bed and breakfast (really more like a resort though). The main bedrooms are amazing- think white on white, big spaces, gorgeous bathrooms, lovely linens and views to die for.
Though I live in Byron Bay I'd be tempted to stay a few nights myself, just for the experience!
Victoria's is situated in Ewingsdale - last century farming land, now a gorgeous collection of small acreage homes , an easy 10 mintue drive to the downtown Byron CBD and beaches and a pleasant distance from the tourist hub. It has a secluded gentility that is seldom found so close to a major tourist destination. It would be churlish of anyone to complain about it being such a small distance from Byron CBD - that is its very charm.
If you want to relax, feel special and pampered and truly feel like Lord or Lady of the Manor, you couldn't find a nicer place to check in to! In a word, Victoria's is Stunning!

Room Tip: Book one the many Large rooms!