“I wouldn't come back!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Eccles B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“I wouldn't come back!”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stayed at the Ivy Mount Guest House and after one night of a two night stay I am fed up with it! The bed's are creek and are not at all comfy, the room was too hot, on a angle and with traffic going past regularly during the night it makes it practically impossible to sleep here and as I had been up since 5 am I was not best pleased! If it wasn't for the room being paid for in advance I would have been happier to sleep on the back seats of the car. Worst of all this was supposed to the start of a family holiday to relax after I had finished my exams. The only good thing I have to say about the Ivy Mount is that me and my family were met by the owner who was polite and helpful also there is free WIFI. When I was first showed my room I was happy but as I started to look around the happy feeling did not last very long, as I realised my room was wonky, the TV was too small, the wall paper was coming off the walls and there had been some shocking repair work to cover up the cracks in the walls, the wooden flooring didn't even go from wall to wall, as it stop and left a gap between the wall and the flooring! I would highly recommend booking your stays elsewhere in Manchester!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank James R
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
I have been sat in front of my computer ,staring at the screen,for about half an hour,wondering what has gone wrong?? i have never had a “I wouldn't come back!” in the 13 years of doing this.
Firstly SORRY!!!! i hate to think any one has had a bad stay with us,it breaks my heart.
i have had two bad reviews in the space of a week,its just unheard of,so all this means is i have got to pick my game up.so thank you for letting me know!
(also if you would of said,when you checked in i would of moved you happily)
I have close my diary this week so i can get all this work done A.S.A.P,and have hired a wall paper stripper,thrown lots of furniture out.and i promise you all these problems will be sorted out with in the week...
Once again thank you!!!
If you would like to give me a call,so i can apologies personally,please do!
Paul (owner)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My father and his friend stayed at Ivy Mount recently, they had a great and comfortable stay. Paul and his family made them feel very welcome. Nothing was too much trouble for Paul and the family, and even when my father's friend left something behind in their room, Paul took the time to search for it and posted it back to me free of charge. Very happy with this. My father and his friend found Ivy Mount comfortable, clean and great value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you so much for the review,tell your dad thank you for staying with us here at the Ivy Mount,and i hope he and his friend visit us once again, some time soon!
all the best Paul..(owner)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed here during a business trip. My room was by the front door facing the main road. The room itself was very, very tired. The wallpaper was peeling and there were holes in the wall, the mattress springs were poking through and the duvet was stained. The ensuite bathroom was clean but the toilet roll holder was hanging off the wall. There is a hideously massive TV on the wall; the money would've been better spent on decorating the room to a more welcoming and acceptable standard. Luckily the room was surprisingly quiet as the main road is not used heavily at night. However this room is above the kitchen and it really smells once the fryer for breakfast gets going. There is also the noise of the front door to contend with. Breakfast is fine, nothing special, and you make your own tea and coffee from an urn; reminding me of a greasy spoon. Paul is kind and pleasant, qualities which I would say prompt most of the good reviews, but the overall standard doesn't compare favourably to other similar 3 star B&Bs I've stayed in.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tamworth7
Well all i can say is SORRY for your bad stay with us here at the Ivy Mount,it breaks my heart,it really does,but thank you so much for letting me know! as for your well deserved points,the first thing i have done is shut room 1,and hired a steamer,and striped all the walls.
the room is getting a total make over,new furniture the lot....and it will get a bit smaller TV.
Once again thank you so much for your valid points,i will try my up most best to resolve these problems A.S.A.P
Cheers a very un happy Owner Paul
Sorry!
If you would like to give me a call,so i can say sorry myself please do!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

A very pleasant guest house, affordable, extremely clean and well looked after. The parking is quite limited, but there was plenty of space on the roadside if the car park is already full.

It was really helpful to have a dvd player in the room too, which I didn't know about before (I had a training dvd to watch for the course I was attending).

The owner, Paul, seemed lovely even though I only met him briefly. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: There is a road at the front, so request a back room if traffic noise will bother you. All the rooms...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for the review,sorry i did not get longer to speak to you,but im glad you had a great stay with us here at the Ivy Mount Guest House...
once again thank you,and all the best from the Paul (owner)
Leek, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst on a course at the hospital nearby. Very handy location for that purpose and lovely clean rooms. Best bit is Paul the owner... really friendly and makes you feel like you've been a friend of his forever!! Thanks Paul and so sorry it took me so long to write this review!! Will definitely recommend and would certainly stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
It Does not matter how long it has took you to write this review???
It is that you have in the end, so thank you so much.....
I LOVE MEETING NEW PEOPLE,AND MY JOB LETS ME DO THAT!!!! I AM BLESSED!!!!!!!
Thank you so much for the review,and i think i have made a new friend...
All the best from a sunny Manchester
bye Paul (owner)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Stayed at Ivy Mount as I was attending a course in Eccles. Paul was absolutely great!! very friendly and helpful.He helped me with directions to my venue and recommended some places to see.The location is good -close to the tram and bus station.The room was comfortable, clean and well equipped.The place is a great value for money and I would definitely stay there again. Thank you Paul

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thank you so much for the review...people like you make my job GREAT!!!
once again Thank You
all the best from a Happy Owner....
Paul
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Booked a double room with shared bathroom - on arrival was upgraded to ensuite, simply because they had one available. Lovely room - immaculately clean and beautifully decorated. Very comfortable bed, really helpful welcome binder giving me wifi code and listing available facilities. Mentioned a hairdryer I hadn't seen - found it in a drawer - lovely surprise. Mentioned tea and coffee making facilities and an ironing board - found them tucked away in the wardrobe so that when you walk in the room you get the full effect of it's charm and elegance, but then you find all these extras tucked away - loved it! Lovely big TV mounted on the wall. Quiet location - easy to park. Owners were so friendly and helpful. I had a lovely nights sleep (unusual for me, particularly when away from home) and generally a really enjoyable stay. I wish I'd been staying longer - highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Thank you so much for such a great Review!!!!
I hope you had a great night in Manchester??? and i hope to see you again very soon!
bye Paul (owner)
07976208761
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eccles
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Novotel Manchester West
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
Campanile Manchester
Campanile Manchester
#18 of 20 in Salford
Copthorne Hotel Manchester

Been to Ivy Mount Guest House? Share your experiences!