“Top Spot”

Ranked #1 of 2 Eccles B&B and Inns
Newbridge, Ireland
“Top Spot”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Great location, very good value and host is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable, clean and plenty of space - a real pleasure staying here and I will definitely be back. Only problem was the weather, but it was January and I don't think Ivy Mount has any control over than anyway ;-)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
I am trying to learn how to do a rain dance,but here in Manchester,i would be out dancing every day!! HA Ha........
once again thank you!
all the best PAUL (OWNER)
07976208761

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 7 January 2014

First of all, let me apologize to Paul for the late of my review.
Our 5 days trip in England (2 people) ended with a night in Manchester, where we had, early in the morning, the return flight to Rome. So I looked for something very cheap. Ivy Mount Guest House revealed itself as something more. At first sight, it seemed a doll house. As small as comfortable, very clean and provided with everything you need. On the bed we found a sort of guide to spent some hour in Manchester, so useful. The kindness of Paul deserve itself five star. The only one uncertainty point with this place it's the position, a problem you can solve easily by taking a taxi (if you want, it's about 15 min walk from the metrolink stop Eccles).
I vividly recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much,it does not matter how long it took you,at least you have!!!!
I wish i was in in Rome now it sounds great!!
all the best Paul
a very happy owner..
Newport, South Wales
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Looking for a cheap double room for the night and this was it. It was clean, close to transport links and easy to find. There was no need for us to check-in with reception as there is a key safe system you can use should you choose to, which was perfect for us and the same for checking out (as we has paid up front). All in all, excellent.

• Stayed December 2013
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review!!! Here at the Ivy Mount Guest House...
And a full house what can i say???
YIPPPPP PEEEEEE!!!!!!!
Thank you,and what a great start to my New Year.....
There are lots of changes happening here at the Ivy Mount in 2014,i am hoping of setting my Goals for all my guests really really high....
WATCH THIS SPACE....
Bye Paul Owner 07976208761
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I must say, despite having a very pleasant stay at this hotel, from the reviews I read I was expecting something spectacular, and perhaps feel these overate this hotel for what it is. Considering the price we paid I felt the finishing touches to the room weren't there. The bed is very comfy but the double bed we stayed in was two singles put together which is never a good thing, the room itself was clean however the mess you make in the bathroom due to the unbelievably small sink is unreal, maybe this was just our room? No complimentary toiletries offered shampoo etc which I would have expected at the price paid. The breakfast was lovely kitchen/dining area can be crowded and doesn't feel theres enough room for the guests as if the rooms already taken you have to come back a bit later. The owners were pleasant, however due to there family life seemed a little noisy at times. The location was brilliant and only a short walk from the metro in to manchester. I would stay here again however would be exploring other options too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
First of all thank you so much for taking the time to give us a Review here at the Ivy Mount Guest House.
I'm really sorry you had No complimentary toiletries shampoo etc ,as you should have???
i will make sure this does not happen to any other customers, so thank you so much for letting me know?
As Regarding the sinks size,I'm sorry you thought they where small,and i will also look into this as well,and maybe change in the future??? so thank you!
If You do ever visit Manchester again,please try us again,and tell me who you are,and i will put you in our very best room,with a FREE BREAKFAST to try and make amends???
i will try my very very best to make this the Very Very Best B&B in Sunny Manchester....
i do love my job,and bad reviews kill me.......
all the best Paul Owner
Kilkee, Ireland
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Great value for money, very clean & in good location. Staff are super friendly & very helpful. Great services such as numbers to local taxis with very reasonable fares to airport or just popular locations around the city & very close to the metro. Will definitely consider again & recommend to a friend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Críostóir O
Thank you so much for the full house,i can not ask for any more.I'm really really pleased you had a great stay with us!!!!
And please come back soon,and tell all your friends....
thank you once again Paul Owner 07976208761
In 2014 there is going to be lots of changes happening here at the Ivy Mount 2014,so please come back and see what you think!!
bye and see ya soon!!!!!
Marbella, Spain
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This place has to be the worst place I have stayed in a long time.
The location is in the middle of nowhere. The twin beds that my sons had were so narrow that they could not move without falling off the sides (I was lucky as had a two twins pushed together to make a double).
The sink in the bathroom is so tiny it's a joke as you could not even wash your hands without splashing water on the floor.
I would have checked out after the first night, but all other hotels in the area were fully booked.
Breakfast was overpriced at £7.50 per person and consisted of 2 slices of cold bacon, a cheap sausage a spoonfull of beans and 2 small mushrooms! The OJ was awful too!
When I wanted to leave my luggage at the end of the stay for 2 hours, this was not possible.
No comunal area or reception, I felt like I was in bad student accommodation!

Room Tip: I paid £40 more than my friend for a VIP room and her room was better than mine, so have no idea wha...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Helen673
So here goes,i can not tell you how much it hurts me when i get a bad Review,it absolutely breaks my heart,because i try so hard to try and make every one feel welcome in my home????
I think this review comes from the last 10 mins of your stay,as you never said a word to me about anything being wrong,so how could i help???
I could sit here and write all the things you said,and give my point of view,but i am not going to do that? like i said before i think it was the last 10 mins of your stay that was what got us here!
Our Check out is at 11am you checked out at 12.30 with a taxi on the front waiting for you,you came rushing down the stairs,saying you needed a new case do we have one,or a large bag,you could use???
Maybe we could have sorted out for you the night before??? (if you would of said?)
Also we needed to take the payment for the rest of your stay,witch you where in such a rush,you did not like???
Maybe we could of sorted out the night before??? (if you would of said?)
What really kills me with my job,but i have just got to except is, i can not please everyone!!!!
but it does get me down as i try my hardest, with all my guest....
Paul (a very sad Owner)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The host Paul really made sure our group of six were looked after, and he's a fantastic cook too. Not easy to look after a very fussy group of women, but he was fantastic, and really made our stay enjoyable. He obviously cares a lot about his business and it shows.
Rooms were clean, tidy and warm. The breakfast was the best I've had in ages. A real surprise, thank you.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you all for such great Reviews,I loved meeting you all,and hope you all come back to Manchester soon...
Once again thank you so much,
Paul a very happy Owner!!!!
07976208761
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eccles
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Novotel Manchester West
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
Copthorne Hotel Manchester
Campanile Manchester
Campanile Manchester
#18 of 20 in Salford

Been to Ivy Mount Guest House? Share your experiences!