“Awesome”

Ascott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Eccles B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Lovely people great homely atmosphere had a great nights sleep,lovely hot water and warm rooms great breakfast choices also thumbs up to the full English with black pudding yum yum! Will certainly be returning again very soon

Room Tip: I'm sure any room would be lovely from what I've seen of the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ascott Hotel

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This was my second stay at the Ascott but this time my hubby stayed with me and have to say it was great. We stayed in an upgraded room which was well appointed clean and very comfortable with lovely bed linen and quiet considering it was at the front of the hotel.

The hotel has a lovely lounge and breakfast area, hubby was pleased to see a book on formula one, but didn't get a chance to flick through it because his eye was drawn to the extensive breakfast menu, which we have to tell you is freshly cooked to your liking without a second thought and your beans come in a separate dish on your plate which he liked because it meant he got to eat mine as well, juice tea and coffee are freely available as is extra toast should you require it.

You will be guaranteed a really warm and friendly welcome by the guys who run this hotel whenever you arrive, nothing is to much trouble for them. We would advise you to book direct with the hotel though because breakfast is included this way and it is cheaper. Enjoyed our stay stay so much that before we left we have booked two more stays there.

Thanks for a great stay guys, see you soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in an upgraded room which was lovely warm clean comfortable and spacious, with great bed l...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed for two nights, having business in Eccles. The hotel is quiet, clean warm & comfortable. All the facilities work well, the people are charming, helpful & amusing. The lounge is not only comfortable but full of interesting furniture, a beautiful long-case clock & some fascinating pictures & prints. But the star turn is breakfast - properly, freshly cooked, no tired low quality bacon or congealing eggs under a hot lamp, but FRESH - delicious. The room (a simple double) was well-equipped, the bed very comfortable with good quality linen. All in all I thought this hotel offered a great deal at a very reasonable price. If I'm ever in the area again I won't think twice, but will go back to the Ascott.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We arrived in awful weather to be greeted by a lovely friendly person. He was charming, funny and very entertaining, a real tonic from the usual stuffy receptionists.
Rooms were stunning, comfy, beautifully decorated and a kettle that worked.
Breakfast was wonderful, lots of choice and tasted great. Nothing is too much trouble for the team at this hotel.
Well situated hotel, good parking and a very warm welcome awaits.

Room Tip: if you are travelling with kids or other family then rooms 30 and 31 are connected by a door meaning...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Had a two night stay at this hotel and would recommend it to all my family and friends. Got a nice welcome when we arrived and was shown up to our room which was very nice. It was nicely decorated , the bed was very comfy and there were lots of little extras like shower gel hand wash and hand cream also there was plenty of tea coffee and milk for that late nite or early morning cuppa. No problem parking as there was. Good sized car park at the back of the hotel. The breakfast was delicious and was served with a friendly service . Would definitely use this hotel again when in the area.

Room Tip: Room 5 is very nice.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aliplaz
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We had a brief overnight stay at the Ascott. It was easy to find and has parking behind the building. We were greeted and shown to our room, which was nice, clean with a small bathroom with shower. The room had tv, kettle/tea/coffee, soap/shampoo etc. We didn't have breakfast but it did smell good. The hotel isn't too far from the tram to get into Manchester. Overall, not bad. Quite nice actually. I'd probably stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellie B
Reviewed 16 December 2013

If you are staying in the Eccles area in Salford and want a hotel with lovely surroundings, excellent facilities and excellent service, then you can't do better than The Ascott. I have been staying in Salford for nine months and have tried other hotels / guest accommodation in the area (including one very close) and I can honestly say that none of them have compared to the Ascott. I discovered the hotel several months ago and have been staying on a weekly basis ever since. The rooms and public areas are lovely, well dressed and exceptionally clean. The breakfast is beautiful and served with a smile, which is important! The hotel has ample parking spaces and even though I arrive in the evening, I have always been able to park my car. I understand that The Ascott won an award and that is what encouraged me to try it that very first time. Thank you to the team for making my stays so comfortable.

Room Tip: The hotel is well appointed throughout, the superior rooms are especially lovely.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eccles
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Novotel Manchester West
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - TRAFFORDCITY
INNSIDE Manchester
INNSIDE Manchester
#5 of 120 in Manchester

Been to Ascott Hotel? Share your experiences!