“Delicious food and good service”
Review of Smiths Restaurant

Smiths Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Eccles
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Delicious food and good service”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I visit Smiths regularly and the food is always lovely. The service is excellent and the prices very reasonable. Their wine list is great as well

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank RSParsons2013

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I had heard so many good reports of this restaurant so booked a table for 4 on a Friday evening, we were all very disappointed and probably will not return.
Food was plain and boring even though it sounds great when reading the menu.
The only good thing was the staff were welcoming and friendly.

Manchester UK
“MIxed feelings”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have on occasion, visited Smiths for various reasons, be it a celebration or a family meal out.
I have found over the years that they have remained constant, serving good wholesome food at a reasonable price.
The early bird deals are worth considering as they offer a good price without compromise.
The wine list is good and well priced (if any restaurant’s wine list can be well priced, just a pet hate of mine).
The staff and owners are always friendly and will recommend dishes on offer if you are unsure.
They present a varied menu, plus something different if you are feeling a little adventurous. Whatever you choose, you can be assured it will be well cooked to your liking and well presented.
I should mention that they also stage ‘special evenings’ that include jazz music etc. and although I have never attended, I believe they are very popular.
For more information on these and other events, I recommend you sign up for their monthly news letter which is arranged via their web site - http://www.smithsrestaurant.net/
I read from other contributors that they have had complaint s about the vegetable being undercooked, but sadly that seems to be the trend nowadays in so many establishments as it is they ‘healthy’ way to cook, but I agree that it is not to every ones taste, serve that at home and you’d get shot, so why in a restaurant?
To some up – I have found Smiths to be of reasonable value, easily accessible by road or tram/train, the establishment has a good ambiance with friendly staff and a good menu that changes every month. OK it is not top class and there are better out there, but if you want a good meal that is served in a nice place, then Smiths will provide just that. If you want food prepared how you like it then say so, they will listen and do their best to accommodate.

• Visited August 2013
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We visited this restaurant on Friday 18th October for a pre booked dinner reservation. We had selected the venue based on its proximity to home and also the interesting menu shown on the web page.
we ordered starters , the Fish Soup and the Kidney dish, the Kidney was served in a stilton sauce and was very "earthy" in taste! the fish soup was fine. For the Main course my partner had the Chicken salad , this was cooked/ left under a hot lamp to the point where the chicken was so dry it was inedible, we sent it back to the kitchen where it was replaced with a fresh piece of chicken. I had the Game Pie , this was recommended by the staff as a filling dish accompanied by seasonal vegetables. the Vegetables were raw , the Game pie came in a small oval dish and contained 4 pieces of meat, this was also dry though hardly surprising given the heat at which the dish was served. In fairness the manager offered us a free desert and coffee, however that is not the point , it ruined our evening

1 Thank Alan P
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Smiths restaurant Eccles Manchester”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My husband and I had dinner on Saturday evening and everything was first class, the food the staff and the place it's self, we came away feeling wonderful and we have already booked another meal later on this month when they will have live jazz , if it's as good as last time we will become very regular visitors and hope they will always be there in the future. Thank you Smiths.

2 Thank Judith T