“Disgusting!!! Don't go!”
Review of Headley Park Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sleaford
Headley Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sleaford
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The WORST experience, customer service I've ever had! A very upsetting experience.

I purchased a groupon march 2014 for a over night stay at this hotel with my friend on the basis that it's a quite country retreat, with high tea.

On the day of arrival we were told we had no room and this is due to a Lithuanian music festival and 3000 people were expected. I explained I was not informed about this, when I booked and not what I had came away for. I had driven 70 miles to get here and to be informed on the day that they are holding a very large music festival is unacceptable. The owner came to the desk and said you would have been contacted, I explained I had not, no one e mailed me, when I phoned no one mentioned a thing to me about this, had they, I would not have came. He shrugged his shoulders and shouted at his wife and left. I was outraged and a little concerned, as they were quite hostile towards us, and the hotel was full of people getting drunk. I am not one to complain and normally use this site to compliment others but this was just awful and it got worse.

We then had or high tea, which was purchased as part of the offer. They brought this out and we had no scones and our high tea was very different to the surrounding tables. By this point I was disgusted about how we were being treated and really upset. I went to the front desk and asked what's going on. The women ( co owner) clearly wanted rid of is, was unapologetic ( it was only until I had mentioned that no one had even said sorry she apologised). She went into a back office with her receptions staff and took 30-40 mins phoning hotels to get shot of is, only to come back and say they were all full. I had given up by this point and was tired, we had traveled a fair trek to get here and from the moment we came in, we were made to feel unwelcome.

Hammers and drills were going on until 9 pm that night, in preparation for the festival. It's 7am in the morning, as I write this review in my room at the hotel and there is wheelsy bins being run around the place. It's been awful, upsetting, disheartening and ruined our whole weekend.

It was a waste of my time, money and efforts. What's worse yet is the hotel owner who was quite intimidating and hostile.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jennaandleon

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We got a deal on groupon. The hotel is old , but we like quirky, it adds to the charm.
All the staff were very friendly, the food was good and the rooms were clean.
It was great value for money and we will go back. The setting was idyllic.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pompey1001
Reviewed 24 May 2014

beautiful setting but the place is undergoing work, much needed, very old and tired. It is a Lithuanian hotel has been for many, many years so lots of festivals etc. are held there. Think the "voucher" stays & teas etc. are a way of making some much needed money but they need to up there game. Wouldn't stay in the hotel as previous reviews state, it is a mess. We had afternoon tea and although very generous, tea and coffee were luke warm and sandwiches and cakes cold from the fridge, which made the scones dry. Staff friendly and attentive but it is more like Faulty Towers-shame

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elaine W
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I purchased this 2 night stay for 2 with breakfast & afternoon tea from Groupon. I wish I'd never bothered . It was supposed to be a special birthday treat for my boyfriend. The outside of the hotel looked quite nice but close up in need of repair. We were greeted by a young lady at the main reception who looked rather worried when I said we were early & was our room ready. She went off to check and was gone ages. Once we were in the room, well what can I say DISGUSTING !
In the bathroom " The Keep " where the door handle shuts into was hanging off,Mould in grout,
Cracked bath panel,Hair stuck all over floor,Cobwebs,Urine down front of loo.The element on the kettle was black. Stains on dressing table chair. Lock on window hanging off. Lampshades dusty & base cracked. Damp patch on wall. Loo roll holder hanging on for dear life. Cobwebs everywhere .
Afternoon tea - shop bought stale cakes, the only sandwiches that were nice were the egg cheese & ham .
We went out for the day & ate out as we thought if the afternoon tea was bad then the evening meal would be too. We checked out as we didn't want to be there any longer and was told that 3 other couples had left early as well for family reasons. We were so upset and would never go back again , terrible !

Room Tip: Don't bother going
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bex E
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I am amazed at some of the reviews on her. Headley park is without a doubt the weirdest place I have ever stayed. The staff know absolutely nothing about hospitality, it is as though they have arrived from another planet. The only thing passable about the whole trip was the breakfast. Avoid at all costs if you value your free time!

Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Craddl
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night as part of a Groupon deal with afternoon tea and breakfast and were very happy. We didn't seem to have the problems in other reviews, the staff were friendly and helpful and we found the room spacious and clean. We sat outside by the lake for the afternoon tea, the grounds are lovely. They had run out of scones for afternoon tea which was disappointing. The cakes are shop bought, it would have been nicer if they were homemade but were all fresh so no complaints. We may have felt differently had we paid more but think you get what you pay for, this hotel is a relatively cheap stay even without Groupon so not sure what some people expect! Nice to stay somewhere with some character rather than your chain hotels. Think there is a different between a place being outdated and old fashioned, there is a lot of history to this hotel and while some parts could do with updating, it would be a real shame to loose some of the original features. Overall we were very happy with out stay and went on some lovely walks nearby. Would definitely recommend for a couple of nights away in country surroundings without having to go too far.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hannielou
Reviewed 18 May 2014

we brought my elderly parents here for sunday lunch but were very disappointed - the food was cold, limp and unappetising - such a shame as although the building is very tired and dated, the grounds were lovely. Needs a lot more improving before we would return again i'm afraid.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank catlady22013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sleaford
Frensham Pond Hotel
#5 of 6 in Farnham
Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa
Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Haslemere

Been to Headley Park Hotel? Share your experiences!