“A hidden gem”

Manor Farm Country Park
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Bursledon
More attraction details
Owner description: Meet costumed characters from the 1900s at this working farm museum and view a variety of farm animals and vintage farming equipment.
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Manor farm country park is a beautiful example of English countryside...at its best. It is a place we often visit as it is so local, but also it is free, except for parking. There is plenty of space for picnics, walks, open space for families, there is a play area and also wooded area for walking. All those areas are free, but i believe that there is an entrance fee for the farm buildings, which is worth it, if you have the time.

Visited May 2014

• Arabic first
Berkshire
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Nice day out”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Interesting to see setting for Wartime Farm and reconstructed Victorian and wartime farmhouses. More information on farming equipment and practices would be useful, although there were various guided tours available. Being midsummer, there were a number of baby animals to see (piglets, chicks, ducklings, kids, rabbits and a donkey foal (another one expected shortly)). Generous pot of tea from the restaurant and was delighted to be able to buy some duck eggs and home-grown courgettes in the shop at a very reasonable price. Agree with other reviewers that £3.50 to park plus £7 to get in is a little steep but the place must take a lot to maintain. Suggest combining visit with a walk in the country park if the weather is good - there are lots of paths and I suspect the parking ticket would be valid for all the car parks.

2 Thank Ros052
Southampton
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Nice place but lacking on animals”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I took our 9 month old babies to Manor Farm after I got some discounted tickets through work.

I hadn't been for a few years when I took my older children. The farm is nice, staff are friendly but it's lacking on animals which is what we wanted to see.

There are plenty of chickens and ducks milling around, some pigs and a couple of cows but nothing really to keep our attention for more than an hour including eating lunch.

There is so much potential at the farm it would be great to get more small animals such as guinea pigs and rabbits and make use more of the large area to the back of the farm.

£3.50 for parking is a little steep too as the entry fee is £7 per adult.

Bit disappointed as we were only at the farm a short time and half of that was eating our picnic.

3 Thank lewpylew
Southampton
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Read the reviews 1st”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We decided to go to manor farm, had asked a neighbour who had been and said it was nice but small, we thought we would take my little baby to see the animals, I checked the price on the internet which was £7 per adult, that was ok, but was shocked to see we had to pay a further £3.50 for the car park, thought this was very checky(did boy read the reviews before we went), it is a small farm and I would say it was ok, we was there for just under 2 hours and we took lunch with us, would advise to go on a sunny day so you can sit in the picnic area and take lunch and spread the day out longer!

2 Thank fugitive1234
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Expensive.....”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

....considering what's on offer....ok, it's a nice place and if you were planning to make a whole day of it with a family picnic in hand, I guess it's not too bad, however, if like me and my son you just fancy a quick visit, then at £7.00 each + £3.50 to park your car it doesn't really represent very good value for money.