“long overdue visit”

Fox & Hounds
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Bursledon
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
kefelonia
“long overdue visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

hav,nt been to this place for a very long time . we dined with friends before going to see the 10th anniversary firework display for the Queen Mary at Southampton . the menu was good and varied and very reasonable costs . I opted for the gourme burger which was great.will be back.

• Visited May 2014

Winchester, United Kingdom
“Expensive Drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Four of us went there for a meal and it was just ok, can't say it was even that good! The food was nice, especially the chunky chips, but nothing was hot. Admittedly, it was a little busy, but that was no excuse. We won't be going back there again for one main reason - the price of drinks were extortionate to say the least. Just two examples...£3.80 for a 'small' bottle of Bud, I think not. A glass of lemonade and dash of lime for a non drinker...£2.75. Will never return. Take a gold card with you if you are intending to go there for drinks!!!

Visited May 2014
Crawley
“Food hot and fresh, service very good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had visited this restaurant before so this was an easy choice. The menu has changed recently, but there was plenty to choose from. As it was a Sunday we also had a roast option as well as the normal menu. There is a special lunchtime menu Monday to Saturday. We arrived early and were served quickly. The staff were very attentive, and delivered what was asked for. The food was fresh and hot, and in good time. My mother in laws rib eye was a little " chewy" she said, but all plates were cleared. As it was my birthday and I have signed up for their newsletter we had the added bonus of a 20% off voucher.

• Visited May 2014
southampton
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

We have eaten here many times and up until now have always loved the food and been happy to recommend it. However last night has sadly changed our view. We ordered four meals and were told there was a 25 minute delay - no problem we were happy to sit and chat. However after 1hr we were a little frustrated. When we enquired as to what was happening we were told we were next to be served. Another 25 minutes later our food finally appeared. Two steaks both ordered as medium rare with triple cooked chips, a kids burger and rib of beef. Steaks were badly cooked one being extremely rare and the other not pink at all. Chips were NOT triple cooked and were the same as chips given to child's meal. Waitress informed us they were and chef had given same to child. These chips were thick processed chips, very pale and certainly not special triple cooked. We were then offered free deserts - which we refused as it was now almost 10pm and we had had enough. Our bill was then halved. We were told that the evening had been a 'one off' as they were very short staffed and only had one chef. We feel very sorry for the waiting staff who were obviously having to deal with hungry guests, however we felt necessary to write this review in the hope that management might take note.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank southamptontuppence
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Sunday Roast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I took my family for a early evening Sunday Meal, myself and my Wife had a Sunday Roast, my daughter the Gammon Steak and my son the Brewers Chicken. I have to say we were all disappointed with the quality of our food. The Sunday Roast beef and turkey was dry and had obviously been kept warm for too long, the roast potatoes were soft and soggy as was the Yorkshire Pudding, there was a small tasteless selection of vegetables. My daughter's gammon was chewy and her peas had been over cooked and hard, my son enjoyed his chicken but the dressed slaw (handful of rocket salad) was dry and didn't complement the meal and certainly was not a slaw. The service was poor and our waitress was miserable and on delivering the meals no comment was made to enjoy our meals and she left empty cups and a bottle on our table, and no further enquiry was made to us in respect of our meal.
Our table was very small and the table for four is better suited for two.
Overall very poor and we will not be going back, having eaten here many times before it has certainly gone downhill.

Visited March 2014