“Sunday Lunch”

Greens Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Wickham
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Greens restaurant & bar is situated on the corner of the historic Wickham square. It is very easy to find and to park. The outside of the property looks traditional, well cared for and inviting. The inside is light & airy with a contemporary feel. Restful colours and wooden blinds add to the ambience. Crisp linen napkins, fresh flowers, friendly professional service and superb fresh food. Everything on the seasonal menus is homemade, using locally sourced produce whenever possible. The secret graden overlooking Wickham water meadows and the river Meon is a superb location in summer for a relaxing lunch. Owners Frank & Carol Duckworth have been running this establishment since 1985 and they are as passionate today as they were when they began trading. Their tag line of 'nothing is too much trouble' is as relevant today as it was in 1985. The menu includes fresh king scallops, mussels, sea bream, Hampshire 21 day aged steaks, vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options.
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

I don't often leave reviews but I felt that the service and food was so outstanding that I wanted to give them recognition.
We went last minute for a Sunday lunch. The food was absolutely delicious.. my family all agreed it was as close to a home made roast we have ever had when eating out. The beef was so tender. The vegetables were well seasoned and the potatoes lovely and crispy. The sticky toffee pudding was to die for, the ice cream was so creamy it was amazing. The lemon biscuit with the bruleee.. I would have bought a packet of them if they sold them!
The staff... they were a credit to that restaurant. The young lady behind the bar was so welcoming and very 'aware'. The young lads who served us were so polite and attentive .. such nice waiters. We go out a lot to eat in and around London and they could learn a lot from this polite young team in this restaurant !! Well done.. we will be back.

1  Thank NikkiChap

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

The food was perfectly nice and the service was very good and nice and friendly. However, while the waitress was opening our bottle of prosecco the cork unexpectedly flew out along with quite a lot, of the prosecco which ended up on the floor. From a service point of view I do think that we should have been offered a replacement bottle or a reduction in price. However, other than that, no complaints and would go again.

1  Thank RamblingReviewer
greensrestaurant36, Owner at Greens Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Thanks for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the food and service. I am sorry your bottle of Prosecco was so lively. Next time you visit please let me know when you book and I will be happy to offer you a bottle of Prosecco on us,
kind regards
Carol Duckworth ( Owner)
i

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Coming from abroad, and bringing a British friend to this restaurant, was a pleasant experience. Easy talking with the personnel, good advice in the choosing, and satisfaction in the result.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

I ate here with work on a Wednesday night in the recent heatwave.
We chose to eat inside, even though it was quite hot in the restaurant.
There's a decent sized menu but we all decided on fish, as it was such a warm evening
For starters we had the scallops and prawns, and the mussels between us. It was all delicious and the mussels were a huge portion.
For main, two of us chose fish and chips off the specials board. They do a smaller size, which is perfect after a starter. The fish was so fresh. Although I had food envy when I saw the bream arrive. Probably the best dish of the evening.
We all finished off with ice cream, all homemade and the expresso flavour was very good.
Nice wine list with a good option by the glass.
Definitely a good choice for dinner when you're in Wickham.

2  Thank lisasplaces
Reviewed 14 June 2017

I arranged my wife's 60th birthday dinner (ten of us including four kids and their partners!) for Friday 9 June at Greens on recommendation of a good friend. From the second we arrived until the second we left we were made to feel welcome. Greeted with champagne and canapes - which were lovely - we sat at a lovely long table and were waited on by a young man and a young women who were exemplary in their service. Ordering from the a la carte menu, starters were wonderful but the real jewel in the crown is their main fish dishes. Their hake and their sea bream were simply beautiful, quite possibly the very best i've had locally. Desserts were aplentyful and coffee's to finish were served with a birthday cake and sparklers to finish the occasion.

Thank you Greens, we are converts and will be back again and again and again!

3  Thank ThePatersonGang