“Sunday lunch ”

Greens Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Wickham
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Greens restaurant & bar is situated on the corner of the historic Wickham square. It is very easy to find and to park. The outside of the property looks traditional, well cared for and inviting. The inside is light & airy with a contemporary feel. Restful colours and wooden blinds add to the ambience. Crisp linen napkins, fresh flowers, friendly professional service and superb fresh food. Everything on the seasonal menus is homemade, using locally sourced produce whenever possible. The secret graden overlooking Wickham water meadows and the river Meon is a superb location in summer for a relaxing lunch. Owners Frank & Carol Duckworth have been running this establishment since 1985 and they are as passionate today as they were when they began trading. Their tag line of 'nothing is too much trouble' is as relevant today as it was in 1985. The menu includes fresh king scallops, mussels, sea bream, Hampshire 21 day aged steaks, vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options.
Reviewed 12 May 2019 via mobile

Celebrating International Nurses Day with my friend, 45 yrs nursing. We went to Greens, my friends first time, she was not disappointed. Such a very warm and friendly welcome. They even had a wine that I've been looking for (Mirror Lake) and tbe best ever Gin selection. Could choose 2 or 3 course Sunday lunch, great menu, at a very reasonable price. The food arrived steaming hot and delicious, more than enough, we both had pork, evetything is homemade & very fresh. Dessert was difficult to choose but we managed it in the end, even their Ice cream is home made, wow !! The Hosts were exceptional, made sure that everything was perfect, all staff very friendly & efficient. We weren't at all rushed. Can't wait for my next visit. I would highly recommend it.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank sOngbird55
Write a reviewReviews (536)

Reviewed 8 May 2019

Had an enjoyable dinner with both good food and wine. Clean and tidy surroundings and happy to assist with a 3 year old. Would visit again if in the area

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 7 May 2019 via mobile

The service was second to none. Very attentive.
The food was magnificent.
The sea bream, on a sweet potato mash, buttered spinach, with a lemon sauce with crayfish tails, was divine. The Starters were excellent too.

The downside - my larger which was a pint of Becks was awful! The pipes haven't been cleaned - I'm now suffering for drinking it.

My coffee came in a nice cup - but the cup had drinking marks on it, from a previous customer.

The only other criticism was the toilet floors, they were very sticky.

Small let downs for a beautiful pub.

We will give it another go, but I will stick to bottled beer or wine.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 6 May 2019

Our family of 6 had lunch here on Good Friday on the way back from a holiday on the Isle of Wight. The service and food were first class and good value. We all (including the 2 children) found something to suit us from the extensive menu. We arrived quite late in the lunch service, but were made to feel very welcome and were never rushed. A real contrast to our last meal on the IOW and a lovely way to end our holiday.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 22 April 2019

had a lovely meal but when our mains arrived we had no cutlery My husband had to go and ask at the bar I asked the waitress to remove empty glasses from table We never saw her again We were never offered a desert menu or weather we wanted coffee we had to go to the bar to pay no one spoke to us all because we asked for a knife and fork we have been here before and not had a problem

Date of visit: April 2019