“Outstanding”

Greens Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Wickham
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Greens restaurant & bar is situated on the corner of the historic Wickham square. It is very easy to find and to park. The outside of the property looks traditional, well cared for and inviting. The inside is light & airy with a contemporary feel. Restful colours and wooden blinds add to the ambience. Crisp linen napkins, fresh flowers, friendly professional service and superb fresh food. Everything on the seasonal menus is homemade, using locally sourced produce whenever possible. The secret graden overlooking Wickham water meadows and the river Meon is a superb location in summer for a relaxing lunch. Owners Frank & Carol Duckworth have been running this establishment since 1985 and they are as passionate today as they were when they began trading. Their tag line of 'nothing is too much trouble' is as relevant today as it was in 1985. The menu includes fresh king scallops, mussels, sea bream, Hampshire 21 day aged steaks, vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options.
Reviewed 14 July 2019

I booked Green's to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday with family and friends (30 of us in total). From start to finish - Carol and Frank were friendly, willing to help and answer any questions. They provided a delicious menu (that also included Vegan option) and made us all feel so welcome on the night,

In the lead up to the party, my husband and i had visited Greens on a couple of occasions (Mothering Sunday for lunch with family and also a lunch for just the two of us) both of which were fantastic, so we knew we would be in for a treat on the night. The evening went without any issues, in fact, it was just brilliant!

On the day following the birthday meal i was inundated with messages from our guests saying how much they had enjoyed the food, had a wonderful evening, great atmosphere and also complenting the staff at Greens (who were all so polite, friendly and helpful).

Suffice to say we will be back and I would certainly advise anyone to consider Greens for their celebrations!

1  Thank GingerFanny
Write a reviewReviews (540)

Reviewed 7 July 2019 via mobile

We decided to go here for my birthday celebration meal, and what a good decision it was ..I had the terrine to start and medallions of pork for the main, both were very good, my wife had the burger which was also very nice, we both shared the cheese board for dessert which was accompanied by a fig chutney and fresh grapes.. and chose a wonderful bottle of grenache to accompany everything
The service was good and we will definitely be back

1  Thank tonybH4300IQ
Reviewed 7 July 2019

My husband and I bought our son and daughter in law for a meal to celebrate their wedding anniversary. Every element of the meal was perfect, the menu is varied with a good range of options and cooked perfectly, I would highly recommend a visit we all went home very satisfied.

1  Thank whittlelisaj
Reviewed 1 July 2019

Highly recommended - birthday celebration for my mother's 82nd Birthday. Fantastic lunch, the staff were very welcoming and attentive, can't wait to go back and sit in the secret garden.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Jollands
Reviewed 29 June 2019 via mobile

Went for dinner after hearing for a long time about how great the food was but we weren't totally convinced. Older couple, I guess the managers/owners are lovely, couldn't have asked for friendlier people. We just weren't that impressed with the food. It was nice but not great. May try again to see if just an off night.

Date of visit: May 2019