“Warm welcoming and a wonderful surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Castle Inn

The Castle Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Wigmore
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nothing beats a touch of local flavours especially when it comes to our food!We are proud to offer intimate dining in a rural setting. We support local suppliers & producers with the highest possible standards taking inspiration with the changing seasons. Whether it’s locally reared lamb or caught that morning pigeon, you will always find only the best and freshest food makes it to your plate at The Castle Inn.Our Chefs culinary excellence is both simple and elegant with a modern twist.Please let us know of any dietary requirements you may have.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Warm welcoming and a wonderful surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Herefordshire in a cold wet January can be a bit "closed for the winter". But a mooch about the countryside found me hungry at 1 pm in Wigmore. I ventured inside the Castle Inn, said I would sit in the bar as at that time was the only customer, but was urged to sit in the lounge by a lovely fire. Sweet potato and chilli soup, homemade walnut bread, followed by cod loin, crushed potatoes and wilted spinach. Such a shame I did not have room for dessert. I will definitely go back in the summer, to see the church, the ruined castle, and the not so ruined Castle Inn, after its splendid refusrbishment. Lovely food, lovely staff, they deserve to do well.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Gillian G

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A great way to celebrate New Years Eve!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We attended The Castle Inn on New Year's eve for a special 7 course menu...with a cocktail to start off our evening and drink with our main course and a glass of fizz at midnight all for £50... The atmosphere was as warm and welcoming as ever... but the food was truly amazing!!! We were only sorry we couldn't actually fit in the last two courses... which Thank goodness were only the cheese platter and coffee with macaroons left to enjoy.. but disappointed all the same. The pea and ham soup was to die for... then the sea food cocktail had an interesting kick to it which made it extra special... followed by an amazing main course of lamb cooked 3 ways... but now we are starting to get full! followed by a Black cherry panacotta and then a choc melt in the middle pudding with wonderful pistachio ice cream... now I am sure you can understand why we couldn't finish the menu. I couldn't think of a better place to start off 2014!!! long may it continue.

• Visited December 2013
“Beautiful Sunday lunch! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic refurbishment! Unrecognisable, done up with taste and character! 4 of us all had beef and it was delicious, a huge Yorkshire pudding, roast pots, new pots and fantastic selection of vegetables! Great value for money! The bread and butter pudding was also very tasty. My only fault would be that we weren't checked on during our meal. Apart from that it was brill and we will be back and spread the word!

1 Thank Amy S
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Christmas meal for a large group? No problem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We ate again at The Castle Inn in December with a large group from a local club. This was a lunchtime meal and we were given four choices at each course. My starter of lamb breast on a bed of potato salad was unusual and delicious, and my main course was quite simply the best duck I have ever eaten. My husband had a variety of chocolate puddings for dessert which he said were superb and my cherry parfait was so lovely I had to eat it very slowly to make it last. One might have expected something more "ordinary" to have been offered to a large group, but no; this was cooking of the highest order and the young chefs should be very proud of their achievements.

Wigmore, United Kingdom
“fantastic christmas and new year meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

we went for Christmas dinner and had such a wonderful meal that we booked for new years eve too. the staff are all welcoming and attentive, cocktails fantastic and the meals.... well can only say you should book and enjoy for yourselves you will not be disappointed.