“Best food in the West Midlands let alone Herefordshire”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Castle Inn

The Castle Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Wigmore
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nothing beats a touch of local flavours especially when it comes to our food!We are proud to offer intimate dining in a rural setting. We support local suppliers & producers with the highest possible standards taking inspiration with the changing seasons. Whether it’s locally reared lamb or caught that morning pigeon, you will always find only the best and freshest food makes it to your plate at The Castle Inn.Our Chefs culinary excellence is both simple and elegant with a modern twist.Please let us know of any dietary requirements you may have.
Hereford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food in the West Midlands let alone Herefordshire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Dined with friends Saturday evening and the new menu is out of this world! It is now my goal to try every dish on the menu. I had Halloumi & butternut squash with tempura squid rings and chilli dressing to start and it was sublime. To follow was one of the nicest fish dishes I have ever had, seared coley fillet with confit fennel, diced potato & pea ala francais. Seasoned to perfection and delightfully balanced flavours. The portion sizes are very good and due to this I was unable to try any of the very appealing homemade desserts. Fantastic staff and friendly locals made the occasion perfect........still an 11/10 from me.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Poacher0357

London, United Kingdom
“The Castle is fit for a King”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

A simple menu, however, my slow roast belly of Pork was everything I could have wished for & more, as was my Wife's Lamb ! The Service, whilst unobtrusive, was impeccable. If only every Pub/Restaurant offered food to this excellent standard.

Visited May 2014
shropshire uk
“Oh dear what's happened.....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Two recent lunch visits. The first generally disappointing and lacking that original sparkle. Only five other diners. The second some three weeks later (owner/chef apparently on holiday) was very poor indeed. One girl in bar had to do it all. Again only six others in the restaurant. Food was poor at best. Steak very tough, chips good, pity I had ordered boiled potatoes! Wife's risotto not good. Beer had a distinct 'haze' on it. Somewhat embarrassed as daughter and her family also went for lunch the other day (on my suggestion following our first experience) and had an equally bland meal!
Time to get a grip and reinforce standards amongst the team when the 'guvnor' is away.

Visited April 2014
Tomasz S, Manager at The Castle Inn, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Firstly I would like to thank you for your feedback, being a new business we thrive on customer comments to help us improve & keep our standards consistently high.
As for your comments of the food I can only apologise that you didn't feel that your recent visits met the original sparkle that brought you back to us. We are currently putting training & procedures in place to keep our high standards persistent.
I have fed back to the brewery who are a very small business, the ales they sell are not always to the exact chemistry as a larger brand name. We do however like to support other small business when choosing suppliers.
I urge yourself and family to come again and visit soon as I'm confident that the hard work and training will have paid off.
Leintwardine
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Wow! Love this place. Great refurbishments and a fabulous restaurant. Have eaten here twice and both times the meals were total perfection. Really beautifully presented and so delicious. Wonderful.

Visited February 2014
Welwyn, United Kingdom
“A very good meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Went here for the first time on Saturday evening with another couple. The food was above average and nicely presented. The waitress service was efficient and friendly. We all had Duck mains which had generous duck portions but could have had a bit more flavour with orange or similar juice, but otherwise tender and enjoyable? The restaurant décor is tastefully modern. Pricing is about average for this slightly pricey area. BTW they have Doom Bar beer on tap!

• Visited April 2014