“Suprise sunday lunch”

Price range: US$12 - US$17
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nothing beats a touch of local flavours especially when it comes to our food!We are proud to offer intimate dining in a rural setting. We support local suppliers & producers with the highest possible standards taking inspiration with the changing seasons. Whether it’s locally reared lamb or caught that morning pigeon, you will always find only the best and freshest food makes it to your plate at The Castle Inn. Please let us know of any dietary requirements you may have.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Did not know what to expect...but a very good Sunday lunch. Very good value and all 3 course I had were very good quality.
The interior is good and a very cosy atmosphere
Staff excellent and friendly
Will be returning and recommending to others...

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Everything about the meal and experience was amazing. The staff were friendly and helpful, the food was impeccable at the atmosphere was cosy and warm - it all made for an extremely pleasant Sunday afternoon. Compliments to all the chefs and staff at The Castle Inn. We will definitely be returning!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Dined with friends Saturday evening and the new menu is out of this world! It is now my goal to try every dish on the menu. I had Halloumi & butternut squash with tempura squid rings and chilli dressing to start and it was sublime. To follow was one of the nicest fish dishes I have ever had, seared coley fillet with confit fennel, diced potato & pea ala francais. Seasoned to perfection and delightfully balanced flavours. The portion sizes are very good and due to this I was unable to try any of the very appealing homemade desserts. Fantastic staff and friendly locals made the occasion perfect........still an 11/10 from me.

1  Thank Poacher0357
Reviewed 15 May 2014

A simple menu, however, my slow roast belly of Pork was everything I could have wished for & more, as was my Wife's Lamb ! The Service, whilst unobtrusive, was impeccable. If only every Pub/Restaurant offered food to this excellent standard.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Two recent lunch visits. The first generally disappointing and lacking that original sparkle. Only five other diners. The second some three weeks later (owner/chef apparently on holiday) was very poor indeed. One girl in bar had to do it all. Again only six others in the restaurant. Food was poor at best. Steak very tough, chips good, pity I had ordered boiled potatoes! Wife's risotto not good. Beer had a distinct 'haze' on it. Somewhat embarrassed as daughter and her family also went for lunch the other day (on my suggestion following our first experience) and had an equally bland meal!
Time to get a grip and reinforce standards amongst the team when the 'guvnor' is away.

Tomasz S, Manager at The Castle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Firstly I would like to thank you for your feedback, being a new business we thrive on customer comments to help us improve & keep our standards consistently high.
As for your comments of the food I can only apologise that you didn't feel that your recent visits met the original sparkle that brought you back to us. We are currently putting training & procedures in place to keep our high standards persistent.
I have fed back to the brewery who are a very small business, the ales they sell are not always to the exact chemistry as a larger brand name. We do however like to support other small business when choosing suppliers.
I urge yourself and family to come again and visit soon as I'm confident that the hard work and training will have paid off.