Bedford Arms Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
North Hill Farm(Chorleywood)
Two Brewers Hotel(Chipperfield)
View Hotel
Hebron Bed & Breakfast(Chalfont St Peter)
The Crown Inn(Amersham)
View Hotel
The Grove Hotel(Chandler's Cross)
View Hotel
Shendish Manor Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)
View Hotel
All reviewspurely by chancemixed vegetablessunday lunchbar areabuckinghamshire countrysidecountry hotellambwine listmain restaurantoak panelledfour posterlovely eveningpiehuge bedfish and chipsbooked a tablelovely location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband wanted to take me to see the new refurbishment of The Bedford Arms Hotel. It was a glorious sunny afternoon. We were greeted at the door and shown to the bar, which has been redesigned beautifully - very welcoming and warm. We had a glass of wine whilst waiting for a friend and then were seated in the main restaurant for our lunch. The menu was varied and I had salmon fishcakes which were very good. My husband had a steak which was a good size and quality. Our friend had the Bedford pie which he said was also good. We had a few bottles of Picpoul which was a lovely white - very drinkable. The service was also good we felt looked after even though it was busy. We had such a relaxing time that we didn't leave from our lunch until 7pm and our friend managed to get a room for the night! I was most impressed with the restrooms - which are always my benchmark for a pleasant establishment. They were spotless and I loved the luxury soap and fresh hand towels. The small touches make this a lovely place to spend an afternoon. I haven't had a long lunch like that for years.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We popped in on the off chance for lunch on a Thursday afternoon. I haven't been a few years so was pleasantly surprised by the refurb , which looks great. It was very busy but we managed to squeeze in. The service was excellent and the staff very friendly. The food arrived in a timely manner and was lovely and fresh. We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Having struggled to find a suitable restaurant to accommodate a party of 12 friends to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday, we had fond memories of professionally executed and quality fine dining enjoyed at wedding receptions at The Bedford Arms Hotel in recent years. We were able to book a Saturday evening in the main restaurant and it certainly didn't disappoint. The food was exquisite in its presentation, quality and taste. The service was impeccable. The staff were friendly and approachable. The surroundings were traditional with a hint of a modern twist (recently refurbished). The celebration was appreciated by the entire party. I highly recommend The Bedford Arms Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emma P
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

It was a beautiful day for lunch on their front patio. Nicely presented. There akso has been a much needed and impressive make over overall with a greatly improved bar area with eating areas to go with it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We have immensely enjoyed several stays at The Bedford Arms in the past and so were eager to return once the refurbishment was complete. We can assure you we weren't disappointed!

The bar, restaurant, reception area and front terrace have all undergone a dramatic transformation, creating a contemporary feel without losing any of the hotel's traditional character or charm.

As always the food was of a very high standard and the service was prompt, warm and efficient. The puddings in particular, were exceptional (I recommend the lemon tart with raspberry sorbet).

Overall, we had a great time at the Bedford Arms and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2014