Amico Di Amici
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Amico Di Amici Italian Restaurant, Stanstead Abbotts, Ware is set within the Red Lion Public House, one of the oldest buildings in the area, dating back to 1538 when it was a monastery. Come and enjoy our authentic Italian cuisine in a relaxed, welcoming atmosphere. Our à la carte menu has a wide range of pasta, pizza, meat, fish and risotto dishes or you can choose from one of our speciality menus including sumptuous Sunday lunches a gluten free menu and our mid week, 2 or 3 course set menu special. Look out for our regular offers and dish of the week. We even have a special menu for ladies who lunch.
Reviewed 31 March 2014

4 adults and 1four year old child went for lunch. As part of our starters we ordered 3 mussels at £5.25 per portion and they were the size of a pea. We said to the server we were not pleased, the manager/proprieter came to our table, blamed the chef, the supplier and so on but at no did he take responsibility. The final bill for food and drinks was £158.00 and as we were not pleased, the least he could have done was offer a coffee or a pudding. But no, we paid the lot.

2  Thank cecelia d

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Having eaten here many times with friends I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal here. The portions are always generous and the choices plentiful. The staff are always willing to tweak the menu to cater for whatever we have asked for and so I recommend you give this place a go if you are in the area.

1  Thank TheWrights72
Reviewed 19 March 2014

As always .. Friendly and attentive staff! The food speaks for itself .. This is one of many meals we have eaten here and it has never been anything but superb!!

1  Thank Pippacorn
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Four of us ate here fairly late on a Thursday evening. There was a few other tables in the resturant and everyone seemed to be having a good time. The girl that served us was great! Polite, helpful and very on the ball...all our needs were met the whole evening. The food was fab!! A huge choice and I think it's very fair to say that you wouldn't struggle to find something to eat! I just wish we had left room for dessert..(the portions are pretty big) all in all I
Can't complain about
A single thing we had a great night!...Infact we have booked a table again for this weekend!
Can't wait!!

1  Thank Lozherts91
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Went for lunch here with my daughter, nice restaurant, good ambiance with a surprisingly extensive menu attached to an old pub right on the High Street in Stanstead Abbotts, ample parking off street round the back.
I had the Calves Liver which came up cooked perfectly, vegetables were nice and crisp and the portion sizes were good, my daughter had the Sea Bass which again was well cooked and presented, the red wine I had with the meal was nice and full bodied and served at the right temperature.
I had the Chocolate Brownie and my daughter had the Panna Cotta both of which were excellent. The ice creams are also fully reccomended.
All in all a great relaxed lunch, I will definately be returning.

2  Thank Chris S