“Good food but no wine.”
Review of Rootz Brasserie - CLOSED

Rootz Brasserie
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Husband and I went to Rootz for the first time. Seating with tables and chairs together with a few settees. Ordered light lunch. I had three dips and pitta bread and my husband a jacket potato with three fillings. Both excellent, being full of taste and prepared with care, spoilt by one setback. The food would have been complimented with a glass of wine each, but when my husband asked for wine this was unavailable so we concluded that this was an unlicenced restaurant. Not so, as a Rootz menu on the internet includes a "main course and a glass of wine". A good lunch ruined by a seemingly pointless omission.

Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Food is good, nothing spectacular, but the super-friendly service more than makes up for it. I have 2 very young kids which can be awkward in restaurants but the staff are great, bring colouring without having to ask. "Make your own pizza" great fun! Love this place!

2  Thank PubGoer82
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

The first thing I have to say is how friendly Phil the owner and the staff are.

The food is imaginative and well presented and the price deals are very handy.

I would recommend the breakfast of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs - delicious!

Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

Fish platter to share, followed by probably the best rump steak I have ever had! My dining companion had the sea bass with asparagus.
Followed by home made sticky toffee pudding with honeycombe ice cream.
Great night out
And the house red was good too

Reviewed 24 April 2013

We recently visited this restaurant for dinner with friends. When booking I was asked if we were celebrating anything. I wasn't going to mention it but as I had been asked I replied that it was actually our wedding anniversary the following day. Oh said the manager I shall put some balloons out for you. When we arrived there was no sign of them but I thought maybe there would be some sort of cake/dessert later, but sadly there wasn't. I didn't think there was any point in mentioning anything about it. The food was disappointing - I struggled to find something I fancied and when my pasta arrived it appeared to be in a rather large solid lump which I couldn't finish. The table next to ours was vacated shortly after we arrived and the dirty plates remained on the table the whole time we were there. I thought the prices were quite high and I don't think I will be returning. I'm sorry as I did enjoy the restaurant when it was situated in the centre of Chorleywood under a different name.