“Lovely meal yet again”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Had a really lovely meal. My husband and I shared a plater to start and it was huge - the fishcakes were wonderful. Really warm welcome and nice atmosphere. Looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The owners here really do go out of their way to make us feel welcome. We come here often with our toddler and friends as it is especially good for kids. They let kids (and adults) make their own pizzas which are very tasty. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

The lady who served me was impressively friendly and attentive. I had the tomato bruschetta from the specials menu for a starter but felt a bit cheated: it was beautifully presented but at £5.45, I was expecting something a bit more substantial than one small square of garlic bread with tomatoes.

I had the low carb burger for a main and again was a bit disappointed. It was made of good quality beef, yet actually tasted quite odd. Maybe it was seasoned with something unusual.
The decor is nice and intimate and I was very pleased with the service but the food quality/portion size rather lets the restaurant down.

1  Thank mophead88
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Husband and I went to Rootz for the first time. Seating with tables and chairs together with a few settees. Ordered light lunch. I had three dips and pitta bread and my husband a jacket potato with three fillings. Both excellent, being full of taste and prepared with care, spoilt by one setback. The food would have been complimented with a glass of wine each, but when my husband asked for wine this was unavailable so we concluded that this was an unlicenced restaurant. Not so, as a Rootz menu on the internet includes a "main course and a glass of wine". A good lunch ruined by a seemingly pointless omission.

Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Food is good, nothing spectacular, but the super-friendly service more than makes up for it. I have 2 very young kids which can be awkward in restaurants but the staff are great, bring colouring without having to ask. "Make your own pizza" great fun! Love this place!

2  Thank PubGoer82