“Daughter's wedding”

Ponsbourne Park Hotel and Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

From the moment that we stepped into Ponsbourne on our first viewing the staff could not have been more accomodating. The service was superb from day one. The food was fantastic. Room organisation was spot-on. Every member of staff had a smile for us. The events co-ordinator was there every step of the way for guidance and to help my daughter realise her dream. Finally I have to mention Des, the master of ceremonies. His humour, his knowledge, his patience and when needed ( to keep things moving) his gentle assertiveness. He led us through our day so that we never needed to worry about where to be and what to do.
Finally the setting. Well what to say. A stunning venue. The photos that were taken by the guests are brilliant and I can't wait to see the professional ones. Special day. Special staff and special venue.

2  Thank Derek W

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Fantastic meal at the Pondsbourne , it was a meal tasting for my daughters wedding coming up soon. Everything was beautifully served and tasted fresh and of good quality. It made is so hard to choose. We were very impressed and look forward to having a wonderful time .

2  Thank SOFIE51
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Had as usual a great stay at Pondsbourne park.. it did include our meal .. which was very nice staff excellent service great ..We had FISH N CHIPS it was great good old fashion way in newsprint, with all the trimmings, Our stay in the hotel , was included in the price ,as was our breakfast. ALL FOR £79.. FOR TWO CANNOT BE BEATEN .. in our opinion

3  Thank sylvia n
Reviewed 27 September 2013

A large (around 15) attended the Ponsbourne for Sunday lunch and it was superb! The staff we excellent and very cooperative. With 15 or so people talking, trying to get food ordered was a bit of a challenge, but we did and everyone commented on the great quality of the food and at a very reasonable price as well. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Whilst staying recently at the hotel, we enjoyed a meal one evening at the Bistro. My wife, daughter and I shared a platter for two which was a delight. Everything on the platter was well cooked and delicious. The platter was so full that the three of us couldn't finish everything. Generally our main meals followed this theme of well cooked food delivered in generous portions (so go with a healthy appetite). My only complaint was in relation to the steak which I'd ordered. Rather than a nice thick cut piece of steak, it was pretty thin and cooked well done despite the fact I'd ordered a medium rare. Had this not been a family meal I would have sent the meal back. As it was I mentioned it to the waitress who got the duty manager who offered to replace the meal. As it was, it was a family meal, so she offered me a glass of wine to apologise. Had it not been for the steak, I'd have given this under-rated Bistro 5 stars.