“Better than a 5 star Hotel”
Review of High Hedges - B&B

High Hedges - B&B
High Hedges - B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Much Hadham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Set in idyllic countryside, this is an oasis of calm. The host is welcoming and extremely thoughtful with small touches like fresh flowers, toiletries and plenty of biscuits and sachets of hot drinks. Breakfast was delicious with good quality food and the best fresh fruit salads I have ever had. The room was comfortable and the bathroom had fantastic water pressure and lots of soft towels. Everything was scrupulously clean. I hope I can stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank travellerkMidlands

Reviewed 29 May 2014

A lovely quiet location, beautiful bedroom and bathroom. Better than many 4* hotels. Excellent refreshments in room and lovely breakfast. Host helpful with recommendation of where to eat for dinner. We stayed the night before a wedding and this accommodation was superior to that at the wedding venue the following night. Will certainly try to stay at high hedges again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aztec5Lincolnshire
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Just 1st class on all aspects. Menu for breakfast (I thought I was staying at the Ritz!).
Next to half decent pub with some good real ales Yum Yum. Very warm upstairs and the owner kindly opened the windows for me. Brilliant for reptiles mind you!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed here for one night and it was a very good stay with a superb breakfast. The room was very comfortable and beautifully decorated with a good bed and great pillows. The bath was amazing - wish I had one like it at home - and filled in a couple of minutes thanks to great water pressure which also meant a great shower in the morning too. The room was spotless and had all the little touches that make your stay comfortable - tea and coffee making facilities with all manner of teas, coffees (with cafetiere) hot chocolate and biscuits and proper size mugs and cups. Similarly the bathroom had full sized shower gels, bath foam and all the little things you might forget such as cotton wool, tooth brushes, shaving kit etc.The only complaint I might have is that I found the room a little chilly between check in and the heating coming on at around 6, this was probably more to do with the very changeable weather we have been having and the fact I hadn't brought the right clothes with me than a fault with the B&B.

The breakfast was great with yogurt, fresh fruit and toast + local honey and jams to help yourself to and then whatever you want cooked. We went for the full English which was well prepared with great ingredients.

The B&B is near the Henry Moore Foundation so would be perfect if you were visiting there but is only a short drive to Ware and Hertford and to Hunsdon where the amazing Fox & Hounds gastropub can be found (booking essential). It is also right next to a very welcoming pub, The Prince of Wales, which did a very good pint of Moonshine beer (greatly appreciated by my husband!)
Hope that helps - please give me a little 'helpful' vote if you found that useful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed here for a week when we first moved back to the UK in October. We were not expecting such a wonderful place. The rooms were perfect . We stayed in the family room which was really spacious and very modern. Katy was lovely and very caring.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank proppy
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We spent one night at High Hedges on the 18th October and we were attending a wedding at the Hoops Inn. Most hotels could learn from this B & B, it is spotlessly clean with lots of little extra touches.The morning after the wedding Kathy kindly drove my husband back to the reception venue to pick up our car. How many places would do that. I would recommend this B & B to anyone staying in the area, we were made to feel at so at home, thank you so much Kathy.

I should say, however, that if you need a taxi DO NOT USE Stratford Taxis. We went from the Hoops Inn back to High Hedges, less than 1 mile, and they wanted to charge us £24, we settled for £15, disgraceful they are robbers.

It still did not spoil our delightful stay at High Hedges

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 42Angela
Reviewed 7 October 2013

On this occasion words fail this world traveller. Stayed here in order to visit the Moore/Rodin Exhibition at nearby Perry Green, it was sheer bliss for this ancient female after travelling down from Yorkshire by TRAINS and taxis. This lady and her house should be the template and yardstick for all would be Bed and Breakfast owners. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bjwbren

Been to High Hedges - B&B? Share your experiences!