The Oysterfleet Hotel(Canvey Island)
US$86
US$77
Priceline
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

Ilfracombe House Hotel(Southend-on-Sea)
US$86
US$117
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

The Last Post(Southend-on-Sea)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat weekendwell worth a visitfish and chip shopmy daughterholiday parkthames estuarynext yearpapa johnsoutdoor poolevening entertainmentcrazy golfspar shoplong weekendgreat funsun holidayweekend breakmini golf
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Just got back from Haven Allhallows. the whole family had a really good time. Really wasn't sure what to expect with it not being a seaside town but there was plenty to do on site. All staff were friendly and very helpful. Caravan was clean and well worth what we paid. The food and drink were very reasonable and food was great! Another good thing was not having to walk through the restaurant to get to the pool. Have already booked to go back.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank daceywoo
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We did mot expected the Ritz, 2 sisters, 5 kids for Easter break, as we do every year at various Haven site. Paid extra for a prestige caravan, which was well worth it. Clean and warm...all that we wanted.

The staff are friendly and helpful in all areas, although at busy times they could do with more hands on deck.

Our main concern is the cleanliness of the public areas. The toilets in the 'Live Lounge' are disgusting. This is the area where children's activities take place, along with the evening entertainment. We asked on 3 separate occasions for some sort of hand wash to be available. This was never actioned. We ended up taking our own Carex with us.

The children enjoyed the pool, but the changing areas are filthy and cold. The whole complex needs some TLC and updating.

We enjoyed our break, however regardless of what you pay for a short break, there are some rules that need to be adhered to, and basic cleanliness should be a given.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Clachel
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed at holiday park over easter, and we had a really good time, there is so many activitys for kids to do, and our best part was the evening entertainment :) they played lots of games with the children and also got familys involved, swimming pool changing rooms were nice and clean, also park has good play park for children,

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank charleney180
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The holiday started off ok with my fiancé & 3 year old daughter.

On first impressions when we were driving through the gates, the camp was as I expected really - after all it isn't a 5 star resort. We arrived at 12pm, 4 hours before we could check in, and were greeted by really friendly reception staff. They advised us that our caravan was one of the only ones that that was ready for check in & gave us the keys straight away. We were not given any additional information regarding what's on or welcome meetings, just a map on how to find our caravan.

When we finally found our caravan & tried to get in the key wasn't opening the door so after about 5 minutes we called reception. I must admit the staff ran over to us within minutes & gave us another key (the key was for another caravan & labelled up wrong). When we got into the caravan it was spotlessly clean & what we had paid for (a new caravan for 2013).

And then it all went down hill from here:

1. On the first evening we had a meal in the main restaurant there was a handful of people in there & it took ages to even get drinks. When the food arrived my chicken was tough and didn't even look like chicken & my partners steak was a lump of fat - really over priced too!

2. We ventured to the swimming pool the next day which was cleaner than I expected but nothing special. A word of warning do not go into the changing rooms, these are not heated & my daughter was going blue where she was so cold. When we went outside it actually felt warmer - & they are filthy dirty. I caught a really bad cold & was ill for the rest of the holiday. I was that bad we drove home (45 minutes away) so I could see my doctor as it was impossible to find a local doctor to see me!

3. Just as you go into the main building there are trampolines which are unmanned leaving them open for any child to use and hurt themselves. There are a couple of small children's rides as you walk into the main building where they have wires poking out & are easy to trip over.

4. On our 3rd day we ran out of gas, we informed reception who informed us they would bring some over some right away. We popped out for about 3 hours & when we came back still had no gas & a freezing cold caravan! Reception informed us that they had actually completely ran out of gas the night before & that some had just been delivered! After a long phone call to reception we finally got our gas!

5. The main entertainment room consisted of a laughable tiny stage, tiny round tables scattered around the room & odd chairs to match which were really uncomfortable! Kids entertainment, well my daughter did enjoy this, but the adult entertainment was rubbish! There was a George Michael impersonator who was the best part of it but he looked embarrassed to be there!

6. The toilets in the main hall are disgusting There is no hand wash, just a bar of soap, which is so unhygienic in public toilets. Also, the baby changing facilities are right next to where you wash your hands also unhygienic. No wonder everyone gets sick at this place!

7. we braved the restaurant again on the last night. As I expected it was awful with a microwave pie, smash & yellow carrots! My daughter opted for pizza, which was was also soggy & microwaved!

8. To top off the holiday my daughter became ill, she woke up being violently sick which I can only assume was the food or a bug from the lack of cleanliness at this place. We had to call the sites on call doctor but they didn't call us back until 4 hours later & by then it was morning & we were packing up to leave. My daughter is still ill 2 days after arriving home with an upset stomach & chesty cough & I am very poorly too!

This holiday has been a nightmare. I do not know how this place has passed health & safety inspections as it should be shut down immediately. You have been warned.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank 354AmyM354
Reviewed 1 April 2013

As a family we have stayed in a few haven parks before over the years and this one is as good as any that we have stayed in.
The check in staff where spot on and really helpfull(Maggie) The park itself was very clean, we really only ventured into the bar areas and they seemed OK with prices that you would expect to pay.
The caravan that we had was s new one at absolutely spotlessly clean and given the cold weather was very warm and I would as far to say cosy.
Overall not quite sure what all the negative reports are all about OK parts are a bit dated but still well looked after.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family