“Great weekend spoiled by one staff member” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Allhallows Holiday Park - Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Allhallows
Allhallows Holiday Park - Haven
“Great weekend spoiled by one staff member”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

First of all I need to set some context to this review. We don't usually do holiday parks but were celebrating our children finishing primary school so needed to find a place that could accommodate 16 families at a reasonable price. The 4 star rating is based on the accepting that this is a holiday park which attracts predominately a certain type of person.
We stayed in Hillside 125 and were very pleased with the caravan. It was very clean and quite new (Prestige grade). All 16 families were equally pleased with their accommodation as well. The only downside for us were our neighbours at number 97 which was a mum and 6 children. Both mornings we had to deal with her shouting and swearing at her children which was not good as we have an 8 year old who wanted to know why a mother would swear so much at her children! We did feel like we had a real life insight to Benefit Street! What we should have done was report this to security, although we presumed that she was an owner or perhaps being housed there by the Local Authority.
The actual site was well maintained and we all had a great weekend. The kids loved the pools, although the outside one was too cold for most of them. The Activity Staff were absolutely fantastic. They arranged a football tournament for us, and then entertained the kids in a private inflatables party in the evening. If the management read this we can't complement Shane enough, he was brilliant. All of the other staff were friendly, helpful and polite, except for one, which prevented 5 stars being given.
We had pre-booked the restaurant to accommodate all of us. Due to the numbers we were asked to pre order our food a few weeks in advance. We were asked to be at our tables at 7.30 but some families did not get their meals until 9pm. I went and spoke with the general manager the following morning so won't go into detail here. Basically it was a bar manager that had no idea on how to deal with customer complaints and allowed the poor service provided develop into a very unpleasant situation. The way that we were treated makes me think that they must deal with hostile people on a regular basis, and therefore we were dealt with in the same way. I hope that this individual will receive the feedback from his manager and learn from this.
In summary a good holiday camp (better than Hopton and Rye) with fantastic staff. Unfortunately the treatment we received on the final night will prevent us from returning.

Room Tip: Prestige caravans were great. Ask to be away from the centre if you don't want a lot of noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Nick M
Allhallows H, Manager at Allhallows Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Firstly thank you very much for your trip advisor review, I very happy to read that the caravan that you were allocated you were very pleased with, as the other members of the party. I am sorry to read that a caravan near to you, raised cause for concerns. Had you raised this matter with the Security Team then they would have attended regardless of Owner or Holiday Maker and resolved the issue, we do have a zero tolerance with regards to rowdy or unwanted behaviour at all of our Haven Parks. Thank you so much for you kind comments towards all of the Team and particularly Shane in the Sports & Leisure Team, he has been informed by his Manager Adam. I do apologise for the concerns that have been raised with in the restaurant and as I understand the General Manager has spoken with members of the party and the Group Leader and come to a satisfactory conclusion. If you do ever change your mind with regards to another holiday here with us then please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the Park.

Holiday Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Hungarian first
Margate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have just returned from a lovely weekend at Allhallows. We had a deluxe plus caravan and it was absolutely gorgeous so much so we thought we had the wrong caravan at first. It was spotless with everything you could possibly need along with a play station and xbox with games and DVDs which my two boys 8 and 4 loved. We were in a family group and the others in our group had a standard caravan which was also lovely and better than they expected . The entertainment was great and my children really enjoyed it. All the staff were friendly and helpful and my children especially liked the life guards that they did the water activities with. Views from the caravans were lovely and park felt very safe for my children to scoot around. Would definitely go back and recommend to other families.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Allhallows H, Manager at Allhallows Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for your review, it is so lovely to read that that the caravan was gorgeous and it had the additional electronic equipment in to amuse the children, seems like this is an Owner that lets the caravan with us, but a very nice touch. I am pleased also that the other caravan allocated was equally as nice. I have shared your comments with regards to the Team with all and especially the Lifeguards, it is so nice to hear such positive feedback, can’t wait to welcome you back.

Kind regards

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at Allhallows arriving on Friday 30 May to lovely sunny weather! We found that our caravan was situated Thamesmead which is quite a distance from the leisure facilities we called up reception who were very helpful and re located us the next morning to Estuary view very close to the leisure facilities which was great for our children who took full advantage of being so close to the indoor and outdoor pools!

We had bought an activity pass in advanced for 12 activities and our children enjoyed aqua jets turbo paddles,kayaking,easy gliders,archery,inflatables pool party and fencing. Our daughter was especially happy to receive a certificate and badge for being the Fencing champion.

The activity staff were great and made our children's stay very enjoyable (especially their fencing coach)

The entertainment was great for the children including our youngest who is one years old she enjoyed the music and character shows.

As we live in London our children enjoyed the open space and facilities. Happy children made for a happy holiday so thank you staff at Allhallows leisure park.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so happy to read the weather was lovely and sunny. I am pleased that you were happy with your move to a more suitable location that was close and that you and the children made the most of the pools. Well done to your Daughter who got a certificate and badge for being the fencing champion, this is Awesome. I will pass these comments on to the Sports and Leisure Team. We aim to give everyone a breath of fresh air and it was lovely to read enjoyed the open space and was happy. Simple pleasures make the best pleasures  We would love to have you come and visit us again please let us know if you would like to re-book and we can apply a discount to your booking for returning guests.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Good
Communication before holiday - email sent out just before for any questions was a great idea.
Location on River - location right on Thames was great.
Nice looking caravan - caravan looked nice and was modern and comfortable. Just not cleaned to best standard.
Friendly staff - staff were friendly especially the children's entertainment staff.
Good value - overall good value.

Bad points
Dog hair in caravan - not told that the caravans owners had 2 huskey dogs so front room floor was absolutely covered in dog hair. Which made daughters eczema flare up when I questioned them on this I was only offered alternative caravan for one night.

Not given a programme of events or being told briefly how park works at check in.

Not knowing you could check in early and spend all day there so feel like wasted a day.

Pool felt cold. All children in there were visibly shivering.

Overall good holiday.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Wakeym
Firstly I would like to Thank-you for taking the time review our park here at Allhallows. I was pleased to read the location right on Thames was great, and was modern and comfortable. I am sorry to hear that the Caravan was not cleaned to the best standard. I have taken on board that the owners have dogs and will allocate people who book our pet friendly caravans into this van. I have passed your review onto the Sports and Leisure Team with regards to the pool warmth. The Entertainment Team will be happy to hear your review I will let Kelvin the Manger know too pass on to his Team. We would love to welcome you back to Allhallows. 

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Having stayed at Several Haven sites in the UK, I knew what to expect from a Haven park.

We arrived and was allocated our caravan 'Fortside 3', right next to the entertainment complex which was great in terms of location. The caravan was very clean, and a much better layout than others I have been in. Staff were friendly.

The park itself is located right next to the beach which was nice with good views of the Thames.

Some of the reviews here say the park was not clean, and refer to the fair causing some issues, personally, I didn't notice litter and the fair was not there, so neither caused me a problem.

Most Haven sites have at least three or four options to eat; papa johns, pub/restaurant and either a fish and chip shop, Chinese or Burger King. This site only has two: a Papa Johns and the Pub on the Thames restaurant. If you were spending 7 nights eating out here, it would get pretty expensive and limited choice.

We tried to go to the Pub on the Thames on the first night and was advised of a 45min wait on food (despite not being full), so decided not to. The second time we went in, we were advised to order straight away to avoid a 45min wait as a table for 11 were coming in. A table for 11, shouldn't push a wait time up like this! That aside, the staff were friendly, and the food tasted good. However, not good enough for the £77 bill. (2 Ad mains, 3 kids meals with desserts). To compare, a similar sized family meal at TGI Fridays would cost £60, Pizza Hut £45-50. The Pub on the Thames was not a higher standard than mainstream restaurants so the cost seems high. I made a point of not going back for this reason, and even after going into central London and eating in Garfunkles Picadilly Circus, again our 2 course family meal still cost less than £77.

The Papa Johns was priced normally and tasted fine as any other. The Spar was reasonably priced and sold everything we needed.

The entertainment was as per normal Haven with the kids shows etc. The kids enjoyed them, but the high tables in the Live Lounge all need a bit of TLC, as most seemed unstable. There were some basic amusements, but no bowling alley or anything other than standard amusements like bigger Haven parks have.

We went in the (indoor) Swimming pool, which was extremely busy. We had to wait to get in, and only stayed in around 10mins as it was just too busy. If it was quiet this would have probably been a good experience.

We were going to hire some of the bikes, but the 4 seaters were broken and the other two seaters they had were also awaiting repair, with others hired out. A shame, as that looked like around 6 pedal bikes sitting redundant. Apart from the annoyance for the customer, doesn't make sense for Haven to be loosing revenue having broken bikes sitting around.

Luckily, our intention was to use the park more as a hotel, as we had planned 5 day trips (Central London, LEGOLAND, Chessington and Thorpe Park) and this was the cheapest option, rather than staying in a London hotel. This is why I rated the holiday as Ok and not poor. If I had planned on spending the whole time in the Haven site, it would have scored lower and I would have been extremely disappointed, even worse if you didn't have a car!

Closest rail station is Strood, around 25mins drive. Ideal for getting the train into London.

There were positives as mentioned, but overall, if I didnt have planned trips out and this had been the only Haven site I had visited, it would leave a bad impression of Haven and i would not book another one, but the others I have stayed in are much better.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cumiska
Thank you for your recent review, I am pleased to read that the location of the caravan and the caravan itself was clean and of good layout. The view of the Thames is stunning from many locations of the Park and the beach is a lovely area to relax, especially in the sunshine.

As the Allhallows Site is the smallest of the group there are less facilities than that of other Parks such as Devon Cliffs, Primrose Valley, however in the future with developments there may be additional facilities added. I have also asked our Complex Manager Gary to look at the tables in the Live Lounge and address the wobble.

“The Pub on the Thames” restaurant and bar is competitive with regards to the other eateries in the local area. There are several local pubs in the area that charge more for food and drink than that of “The Pub”, however I do appreciate that there will be bigger franchises which will have more competitive family meal deals.

During our busy times the Swimming Pool does get very busy, although we try and open the outdoor pool as early as we can in the year to cope with the demand, this is however very weather dependant.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your time in London, and was able to visit many of the local attractions that the East has to offer, Legoland is a fantastic day out.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I visited with my daughter and grandchildren on a last minute booked half term break.We read reviews and found them mixed and was concerned what we would find.All was fine.Staff very friendly,lots to do,caravan was spotless and food in restaurant high quality.As we live not far away we wondered if it would not feel as if on holiday but as soon as we got through security on gate we could have been anywhere.The only down was the weather and they couldn't do anything about that.

2 Thank carol s
Allhallows H, Manager at Allhallows Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Firstly thank you for your review and also after reading the reviews you made your own mind up. I am very pleased to read that all the Team were friendly, you had lots to do and that the facilities and services were high quality. I think that Allhallows is definitely one of the Haven Parks, that regardless of how close you live it has a real holiday feel, even if the weather was rubbish. Hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards

Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just got back from a week at Allhallows in Kent and can't praise it highly enough. Don't know what people complain about as all the staff were helpful and friendly and the site was very clean. Would go back as the grandchildren especially had a great time. They are 4 and just under 2 years old.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review, I am so pleased to read that the Team were helpful and friendly and the areas of the site that you visited were clean. We would very much look forward to you returning to Allhallows in the future with your grandchildren.

Holiday Experience Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allhallows
The Oysterfleet Hotel
Premier Inn Chatham/Gillingham (Victory Pier) Hotel
The King Charles Hotel
The King Charles Hotel
#2 of 2 in Gillingham

Been to Allhallows Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!