“Nice break away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Allhallows
Allhallows Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Came here with family for a short break away. We enjoyed it here, caravan was nice and clean. We did think the fridge was off but was told it needs to be turned off by the cleaners to be disinfected and takes a while to heat up.
Really close to the sea so that was nice as well. The small petting zoo on site is quite nice as well.
The entertainment hall is smaller than other Haven parks but this is better as you are closer to the children on the dance floor. Very child orientated, which is fantastic. Pool was good.
Staff were friendly also.
My only concern was for the staff in the Spar shop on site. The weekend we were there it was very, very hot. The staff in the shop had no air con or fresh air, I really felt for them. Also the majority of the food had melted but was still being sold.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Allhallows H, Manager at Allhallows Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Firstly Thank-you for taking the time to review Allhallows. I was very happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Caravans are cleaned to high standards and it is Awesome that you was close to the Sea. Sorry that the fridge was not turned on arrival, but I happy to read that the Team were able to explain why. I’m pleased you found the Entertainment to meet your needs and your children could run around more freely. With regards to the Spar Shops Air conditioning, it has now been fixed I apologise that this happened during your stay. We would love to welcome you back to stay at Allhallows.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

On arriving at Allhallows Haven caravan site, we were greeted with a warm welcome and simple directions on how to book in which was very quick and easy. We were given the keys to our caravan 2 hours earlier than expected which is always good, when we arrived at the caravan we found it in fantastic condition, it was clean and very well looked after, the site was free of litter and other guests/owners appeared very friendly, both rooms were set up and compleate so we did not have to make beds ect, we had plenty of cupboard, draw and waldrobe space, plus extra room for towels in the bathroom. After walking around the site we were so pleased that we was right on top of the beach which is pebbly but very nice, the grounds were well maintained and looked after. We went for drinks in the pub on site which was again lovely, very welcoming and clean and the staff were all very well presented and polite. The arcade for the children was nice and not to big which we found to be a bonus so we could see our children at all times. The swimming pools were both very clean and well staffed with many lifeguards who were always on hand if they were needed and very well trained in lots of areas showing they had especially the childrens best interests at heart. The childrens entertainment was great, from 9.30am the children could have breakfast with the sea side characters and there was plenty of fun activities during the day for them to enjoy. The evening entertainment equally was the same, lots of fun and very enjoyable. The staff (fun stars) especially Kelvin (entertainment manager) were fantastic, keeping everyone up to date of what entertainment was coming on and what would be happening during the night, but also keeping our children entertained throughout. The other staff including Lorna,Jack and Charlotte were equally just as good and they were all so friendly and fantastic at their jobs. I cannot express enough what a fantastic week we had at Allhallows and we cannot wait to go back.
Thanks for a great week, Claire, Kevin (Piña Colada, if Kelvin gets to read this he will understand this private joke) and our daughter.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Allhallows H, Manager at Allhallows Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hello and thank you for your Trip Advisor review, I am very pleased to hear that the Holidays Team were able to get you checked in early and that the process of getting you to your caravan was simple. I have passed your very kind comments on to the Accommodation Manager Christine with regards to the caravan, who will share this with her fantastic Team. It seems that all of the Team, that you encountered made your stay awesome and you were very happy with all of our facilities. I have emailed your comments on to Kelvin, he has said thank you for your lovely comments and has passed to his Team, but not let on to the your Pina Colada Joke? I am very interested and will find out  Hope to see you back at Allhallows in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This holiday park may be hidden a little but it's great it has lots of caravans to choose from we stayed on a pitch called river side which gives you great views of the Thames estuary right in front of you for kids it's great plenty for them to do and your about 30 -45 mins from London. there's also go cart hire an arcade and club and pub witch serve food and a papa johns pizza shop onsite that deliver to your caravan there is a spar on site but a little pricey as most camp shops are but it's a great base for London and a great place for kids.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Colin B
Allhallows H, Manager at Allhallows Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hello and thank you for your review. Looks like you had a lovely time with us, from the location of the caravan to the facilities. The Riverside area is a lovely spot, with a massive green area to play. We are very close to London and Allhallows is a great location if you wish to visit London, with trains running very regularly from Strood and Rochester. I love that Papa John’s pizza deliver to the caravan, ideal for a night in after a hectic day in the swimming pool, arcade and Live Lounge, ready for an awesome night out. Hope to see you at Allhallows in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We arrived and were given a brand new caravan.
The park was off peak as schools in England was still in, meaning the leisure facilities were quiet which was good.
You are 1.5 hours from legoland, 1 hour from Chessington and 20 mins from Diggerland.
Park was clean and tidy and overlooked Thames Estuary. All in all well worth the money.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hi and thank you for your review. Fantastic that you were allocated a New Model caravan, they are so lovely and spacious with amazing blue colours. We are very close to many excellent places to visit, some local and some further afield, such as the ones that you mention & also Windsor castle, London, Thorpe Park, which are further out and Rochester or Leeds Castle, Dickins World & Canterbury with in 30 mins. Thank you very much for also commenting on the clean and tidy park  hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just returned from 4 day stay with my family, was really impressed with the accommodation as we had booked a 2 bedroom but were given a 3 bedroom and it was immaculately clean. The site itself is pleasant and has pleasant views but unfortunately really lacked amenities for us. The nearest supermarket is about 30 min drive away in town of Stroud and after driving 10 hours to get to the site didn't want to spend the next few days driving but this is what we had to do ! Yes their is a spar on the site if you want to pay astronomical prices for things. There was also a distinct lack of place to eat and this was highlighted greatly on the 2nd day of our stay we decided to get the train in to London and we were late getting back, kids wanted to eat in restaurant in park so when we arrived back we sat down in restaurant at 9.03 we waited over 5 mins and no one had brought over a menu so we asked for a menu and at 9.10 we were informed they stopped serving at 9.00pm ! Was informed that papa johns was still open and serving pizza but with a kid who doesn't like cheese we had no option but to get back in to car and drive 30 mins to Strood to get a McDonald's ! Maybe it's just me but felt they could have came and went a wee bit with us as there was still people sitting eating, even if they had just done us a main meal, but the bar was full of people watching the football and thought that this was their main priority that night !
Think this site has a lot of residential caravans and cabins and some people stay all year, our caravan was in between 2 residential ones and yes they were nicely kept but felt as if I was invading someone's space, my kids are 4&8 and were excited they were on holiday but I felt I had to curtail their excitement around the caravan not what I want when on holiday, I want to give my kids a bit of extra freedom. On the whole a pleasant enough stay but definitely wouldn't return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello and thank you very much for you Trip Advisor review and also thank you very much for you very kind comments with regards to the cleanliness of the caravan. The Allhallows site is one of the smaller Haven’s with a Papa John’s pizza for take away that is open till late and also The Pub on the Thames, however as all Haven Sites this does stop food service at 9pm. The Papa John’s Pizza, does also sell additional options, chicken, garlic bread, salad & wedges, however the Team also could have made a pizza to order without Cheese, I am sorry that you were not made aware. I can only apologise that the Team did not acknowledge you until a good few minutes in to arriving, I can assure you I have shared these comments with the Restaurant Manager Gary. The Allhallows Site does have a lot more Owners than that of Holiday Makers, however you should still have the sense of freedom for your children regardless of where the caravan was located, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay although you may not return, but I hope that you will enjoy one of our 34 other Haven Parks in the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Don't get me wrong, it was a great holiday and the choice to spend on extra activities was our own, however with two children and a wife that would like them to experience everything there are a lot of paid activities that can also burn a whole in your wallet, and of course it is difficult to be strong willed when your on holiday. So I would advise anyone to ensure they have spending limits or be prepared to pay a fair bit extra if you want to do everything on offer.

The caravan was very nice clean on arrival and plenty of space. In hindsight I wish I had asked for one that was slightly closer to the complex, and with a better view, but I expected the park to be a lot busier and only when I realised the park was quiet did it occur to me that could have been a possibility.

The main entertainment complex had everything we could want and was kept clean. My only issue was the layout again costing me extra money. The largest part of the complex was the arcade and to get to the restaurant, play park or shows you had to walk through the arcade. The kids of course did not want to go through without playing a few games. The cynical side of me would say that this layout was a tactical ploy to gain a little extra cash.

The staff were polite and helpful, we were frustrated at one point when having to leave our shoes outside the swimming pool changing area and my sons shoe went missing after we finished our swim and the staff seemed a little disinterested in assisting. However the same staff sought us out the next day and returned the shoe that had been found so very much redeemed themselves.

The activities were well organised and enjoyable for the kids. One of the ones we booked was cancelled, however when I questioned it, there was very good reason and we were immediately compensated. We went with a 2 and a 4 year old, there was plenty for the 4 year old to do, but very few activities for the younger one though.

Didn't get to experience the outside pool due to the weather, indoor pool was very nice however, only issue is that it could have been warmer.

All in all the park was a really pleasant place to stay and great for the children. With a few minor flaws.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew D

Thank-you for taking the time to review our park. I am sorry that you were not aware that there are activities that are required to be paid for, these are mostly our Sports & Leisure Activities, however an activity pass can be purchased before arrival and the activities booked on the website, this is a good way to pre plan your time on the Park and the children will know in advance as to what is organised for them, to save a bit of money. I was pleased to read your caravan was very nice and clean, and that the complex had everything you could want and was kept clean. With regards to the Arcades and the location of these to the rest of the facilities, this is something as a company we are looking at changing at all of our Haven Parks, I am aware that Rockley Park has already made the change and this is now a separate room that you would walk past and not through. When booking you can request to be located in a particular area of the site and will always try to meet the request, or if this is really not possible we will give you a courtesy call to advise otherwise & maybe advise another location that would suit. It’s good to see that our Sports and Leisure team are daring to care by find the missing shoe and finding you the next day, although it seemed that this was not the case at the time or reporting. I am happy that for the most part you enjoyed your time at Allhallows and maybe we will see you here again in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Just arrived from great yarmouth 2nd stage of our hols
Site clean. Tidy. Staff helpfull and freindly. Caravan a dream looking out over the estuary from lounge window
Will give full rewiew friday at end of stay

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Allhallows H, Manager at Allhallows Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for your initial review, looks like everything has got off to a good start and I am looking forward to reading your full review.

Many Thanks

Holiday Experience Manager

Been to Allhallows Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!