“Great holiday at a very affordable price”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Allhallows
Allhallows Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have just got back from our holiday and must say we had a fantastic time the staff are very helpful and friendly the kids really enjoyed the petting farm and had a pony trek and the evening entertainment has been great and bar prices prices are very reasonable all I would say is get to the live lounge early in the evening as it gets very busy and there are not always enough seats for everyone. My caravan was very clean and lovely and I would definitely come back again

• Stayed: July 2014
Allhallows H, Manager at Allhallows Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hello and thank you for a lovely review, I am so happy to read that you had a fantastic holiday and the petting farm and riding is an awesome addition to Allhallows and I have passed your kind comments on to Karla & Keren. It seems that all aspects of the holiday were enjoyed and we cannot wait to welcome you back to Allhallows in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed for a long weekend as we were attending a family wedding nearby, therefore location picked us rather than the other way around, and as we were travelling a long way we thought we would stay for the weekend and let the kids have some fun too!
On arrival reception was well signposted, both reception girls were on the phone and did not make any eye contact so we waited patiently (like all good brits do!) we were then met by Faye, who promptly apologised for the delay and checked all our party in, she was super friendly and very helpful so off to a good start.
Caravans (we had 3) were all excellent, new models and very clean. Would have loved an extra pillow or two but never asked, sure I could have got them if I had.
The area looks a little tired, lots of stalls around the park selling frames/posters and "bits" didnt really bother me but it might some. There is a huge amount of residential caravans on site, seems that they have a big sales drive for these as there is a whole area dedicated to sales.

Due to being off site for some of the weekend we didnt get to use the park to its full capacity. We did make it to the pool on Sunday, but wished we hadnt, outside pool filthy & frogs jumping about! inside one cleaner but broken tiles etc, and out of control kids splashing/half drowning smaller guests. We made half an hour and gave up.

Outside park/sandpit area odd as no access unless you go through arcade/pub area, seemed odd that no other play facilities available. Sandpit full of discarded cigarette ends & rubbish as well as more out of control kids throwing sand at everyone (parents in the pub so not watched) we didnt stay here too long either.
Last night a disaster, all happily asleep at midnight to be woken with screaming shouting and foul language unfold just between all our caravans, security called and general mayhem followed, woke everyone and was not a nice sight for the kids (hers or mine!) not exactly the refreshing sleep we had hoped for the night before a long journey home!
Lastly the onsite shop has just about the rudest staff ever, asked if they had any bleach in stock as I couldnt see any, was told rather abruptly that yes they did, it was out the back but she would not be going to get any as they were far too busy!!!
Lovely.

In short:
Would we stay here again: Never.
Would we stay with Haven again: Happy to give another site a go, hoping that there are other much nicer ones!

Room Tip: Being away from the "central area" seems a good bet, further the better if you like it qui...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lovetoescape-10

Hello and thank you for your review. I hope that you had a lovely time at the wedding, thank you for nice comments about me and I apologise that the Team did not acknowledge you on first arrival, I have spoken with both the girls about this. I am also happy that you liked all three of the caravans that were booked and yes you could have had a few extra pillows on request, to make your stay more comfortable. Every Sunday, we do a farmers market type car boot as it has been requested by our Holiday Makers and Owners, as there is not a lot of places locally that have this on a Sunday.
The Allhallows site is mostly Owners & only has a small holidays business, caravans are available to buy with our Owners Team and is as all Haven Sites.
I have spoken with Adam (Sports & Leisure Manager) with regards to the cleanliness of the Pool and the broken tiles and he has assured me that this matter has been dealt with his Team and the tiles have been fixed. I have also brought the matter of the Play area to the attention of the Grounds Manager Tony and he is going to ensure that the Team are concentrating on this area early every morning and he is also going to look at the signage around to make guests aware to supervise their children. As I am sure that you can appreciate we cannot be held responsible for other Guests behaviour, however we do have a 24hr Security Team that will deal with any concerns should this disturb your break.
I am truly sorry that the Team Member was not helpful in the Shop and again the Team have been spoken with, as they should put the Guest that they are serving first at all times. I hope that you will return to Allhallows in the future to see the improvements from your feedback and I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I am very local to the site , I have a two year old and a 8 year old , I am a struggling single mum and cannot travel very far , we booked a one night stay £113 , I felt those as expensive , they gave us the wrong keys and then said they upgraded us which was nice , it was a 4 month old lovely caravan .
I am going to list the bad point , outdoor pool to cold , beach not very nice (rubbish on beach including dirty nappies , old sanitary towels ) pizza had a hair in it , cooked breakfast was awful and I got a refund , my daughter went for a horse ride and the staff just were complaining to each other about there kids etc , my daughter was embarrassed , also staff in reception did not tell us about and extra night for £25 ? A cleaner did and we missed out and was only told when about to leave !
Good points , very helpful lifeguard , he was very good helping me with getting my son out , thank you , nice indoor pool and changing rooms , nice clean van , lovely view over southend . Not sure if we will be back , very upset we were not offered another night cheap like we should have .

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank catz2Kent
Allhallows H, Manager at Allhallows Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Hello and thank you for your Trip Advisor Review, I am sorry to read that the price was a little too expensive for you, if you keep an eye on the website, there are sometimes £79 deals at the quieter times of the year. I am sorry also that you had some problems whilst you were here and I can assure you that I have addressed this with the different departments to ensure that these problems are resolved and likewise with the kind comments about the Lifeguard and the view of Southend. With regards to the extra night, this was advertised in The Pub, Live Lounge and also the Main Reception, I am sorry if you did not visit these areas to be made aware, however once the cleaner had told you, had you called Reception this could have been done for you. If you do ever return, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to take a personal interest.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Booked as a last minute get away. Caravan 100 hillside was the best caravan I had ever stayed in. Agree with all the other comments about lack of different places to eat. A fish and chip shop would be a great idea. Also spar shop was absolutley boiling inside. Im not complaining though. Will definitely return. Loved it there. Feel quite sad being home.

1  Thank starsmummy

Hello and thank you for your review. I am very pleased that you loved caravan Hillside 100, that is one of our 2014 Prestige caravans. I am sorry that there were not enough places to eat, although The Pub on the Thames does a lovely fish & chips, there is also a fish and chip shop in the village, if you fancy a venture out and maybe back to sit at the sea front, on a bench to munch. There was a problem with the Air conditioning during your stay and was very warm in the Shop, however this has now been fixed. Don’t be sad, with your return discount you could look at book another holiday here this year, or use the discount on a 2015 holiday. See you soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Came here with family for a short break away. We enjoyed it here, caravan was nice and clean. We did think the fridge was off but was told it needs to be turned off by the cleaners to be disinfected and takes a while to heat up.
Really close to the sea so that was nice as well. The small petting zoo on site is quite nice as well.
The entertainment hall is smaller than other Haven parks but this is better as you are closer to the children on the dance floor. Very child orientated, which is fantastic. Pool was good.
Staff were friendly also.
My only concern was for the staff in the Spar shop on site. The weekend we were there it was very, very hot. The staff in the shop had no air con or fresh air, I really felt for them. Also the majority of the food had melted but was still being sold.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Firstly Thank-you for taking the time to review Allhallows. I was very happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Caravans are cleaned to high standards and it is Awesome that you was close to the Sea. Sorry that the fridge was not turned on arrival, but I happy to read that the Team were able to explain why. I’m pleased you found the Entertainment to meet your needs and your children could run around more freely. With regards to the Spar Shops Air conditioning, it has now been fixed I apologise that this happened during your stay. We would love to welcome you back to stay at Allhallows.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

On arriving at Allhallows Haven caravan site, we were greeted with a warm welcome and simple directions on how to book in which was very quick and easy. We were given the keys to our caravan 2 hours earlier than expected which is always good, when we arrived at the caravan we found it in fantastic condition, it was clean and very well looked after, the site was free of litter and other guests/owners appeared very friendly, both rooms were set up and compleate so we did not have to make beds ect, we had plenty of cupboard, draw and waldrobe space, plus extra room for towels in the bathroom. After walking around the site we were so pleased that we was right on top of the beach which is pebbly but very nice, the grounds were well maintained and looked after. We went for drinks in the pub on site which was again lovely, very welcoming and clean and the staff were all very well presented and polite. The arcade for the children was nice and not to big which we found to be a bonus so we could see our children at all times. The swimming pools were both very clean and well staffed with many lifeguards who were always on hand if they were needed and very well trained in lots of areas showing they had especially the childrens best interests at heart. The childrens entertainment was great, from 9.30am the children could have breakfast with the sea side characters and there was plenty of fun activities during the day for them to enjoy. The evening entertainment equally was the same, lots of fun and very enjoyable. The staff (fun stars) especially Kelvin (entertainment manager) were fantastic, keeping everyone up to date of what entertainment was coming on and what would be happening during the night, but also keeping our children entertained throughout. The other staff including Lorna,Jack and Charlotte were equally just as good and they were all so friendly and fantastic at their jobs. I cannot express enough what a fantastic week we had at Allhallows and we cannot wait to go back.
Thanks for a great week, Claire, Kevin (Piña Colada, if Kelvin gets to read this he will understand this private joke) and our daughter.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Allhallows H, Manager at Allhallows Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hello and thank you for your Trip Advisor review, I am very pleased to hear that the Holidays Team were able to get you checked in early and that the process of getting you to your caravan was simple. I have passed your very kind comments on to the Accommodation Manager Christine with regards to the caravan, who will share this with her fantastic Team. It seems that all of the Team, that you encountered made your stay awesome and you were very happy with all of our facilities. I have emailed your comments on to Kelvin, he has said thank you for your lovely comments and has passed to his Team, but not let on to the your Pina Colada Joke? I am very interested and will find out  Hope to see you back at Allhallows in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This holiday park may be hidden a little but it's great it has lots of caravans to choose from we stayed on a pitch called river side which gives you great views of the Thames estuary right in front of you for kids it's great plenty for them to do and your about 30 -45 mins from London. there's also go cart hire an arcade and club and pub witch serve food and a papa johns pizza shop onsite that deliver to your caravan there is a spar on site but a little pricey as most camp shops are but it's a great base for London and a great place for kids.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Colin B
Allhallows H, Manager at Allhallows Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hello and thank you for your review. Looks like you had a lovely time with us, from the location of the caravan to the facilities. The Riverside area is a lovely spot, with a massive green area to play. We are very close to London and Allhallows is a great location if you wish to visit London, with trains running very regularly from Strood and Rochester. I love that Papa John’s pizza deliver to the caravan, ideal for a night in after a hectic day in the swimming pool, arcade and Live Lounge, ready for an awesome night out. Hope to see you at Allhallows in the future.

Holiday Experience Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Allhallows
The Oysterfleet Hotel
The Oysterfleet Hotel
#1 of 2 in Canvey Island
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Sout...
#12 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
Travelodge Southend on Sea
Travelodge Southend on Sea
#13 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels

Been to Allhallows Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!