“Combined the convenience of London accommodation with the quiet of a small town”

Clay Farm Guest House
Ranked #1 of 5 Bromley B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 1 November 2009

We stayed in the annexe at Clay Farm Guest House and were very happy - we had our own entrance, on-site parking and were super-pleased with the added bonus of no steps to climb with our suitcases!

Roy was very helpful without being intrusive. Bromley was a nice, quiet location that offered easy access to the south of London. We wouldn't hesitate to use Clay Farm again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 September 2009

We needed a temporary place to stay on returning to the UK after living abroad. We chose Clay Farm Guest House because of its location (being convenient for London and Croydon) and because of good reviews on tripadvisor. Our room was very good - a recently converted annexe to the main house. It was spacious for the price and had a good size en-suite bathroom. And the location turned out to be excellent for us (close to Bromley and Orpington railway stations, making London accessible in 30 mins). Situated in a leafy suburban street, away from the nearest main road, Clay Farm is also a very peaceful place to stay. But its main asset is the owner, Roy, who couldn't do enough to help us - making sure the room was to our liking, the internet and facilities were working properly, and providing us with helpful advice about the area. In order to help us settle back to the UK we needed a homely and friendly place to stay, and in Clay Farm we found it. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2009

I decided to stay at the Clay House B&B based upon the great reviews on Trip Advisor, and I'm glad to say that it did not disappoint!

Roy is a very friendly and welcoming host, who makes you feel right at home (how a true B&B should be!). My single room was very clean and quiet, as was the bathroom and premises. Breakfast was tasty with good selection of cereals, hot drinks as well as hot breakfast. Free WiFi was fast. Roy kindly offered to pick me up from the train station and even drove me to my course one morning.

I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone who is travelling to this area of London. Good location (15 min train ride from Victoria train station to Bromley south station) and excellent value!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Roy is a lovely guy and everything is well organised and makes one feel at home straight away. I would recommend this B&B although I would add that no rooms have en-suite and one has to share both the toilet and bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BirminghamJ2o
RoyBorsberry, Owner at Clay Farm Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2009

I'm pleased to announce a NEW annexe with en-suite facilities including a 'walk-in' shower, 32" flat screen TV and IPOD docking facilities. Dedicated access from the driveway.

Reviewed 27 March 2009

Roy is very friendly and will help in any way. I immediately felt at home. I got a lift to my course each day and avoided the rain! A pick up from the station for a single woman traveller at night was invaluable. I would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2009

We had a very good time during our star.

Roy is very friendly and Helpful.T

The service is very good.

Beds are comfortable and welcoming.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2009

This is my last night at Clay Farm and I must say, it is a glorious experience. I came to Bromley for a course and had to spend two nights here. Roy is such a nice guy and catered for all my needs, from the pick up at the train station even though I arrieved pretty late at night to the marvelous King bed and range of tasty breakfast. Everything is well organised and makes one feel at home. I strongly recommend Clay farm to anyone seeking a lovely holiday away from home and work, young and old alike. It is also ideally locted for all the social and historic sites and venues in and around the London area.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromley
The Bromley Court Hotel
#5 of 6 in Bromley
Bull's Head Hotel
Bull's Head Hotel
#1 of 2 in Chislehurst

Been to Clay Farm Guest House? Share your experiences!