See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 November 2009

Don't let the fact this B&B is located outside Central London put you off staying, this must have been one of the best B&B's we have ever stayed in!

It takes about an hour from the door into Central London, but this is a small price to pay for an absolutely superb nights sleep. If you prefer the noise of a major city over the peace and serenity this place offers, then you may be better looking elsewhere.

We stayed for three nights at the end of November 2009, and Roy couldn't have been more helpful (even offering a lift back into Bromley one night). The bedroom was clean and spacious, with a huge king size bed (so big, I lost the wife one night), and a couple of memory foam pillows made sure we slept well. The shared bathroom and toilet were also clean and well kept.

Breakfast was a simple buffet continental affair, with plenty of toast and freshly brewed coffee, which set us up just right for a day of sight seeing in London.

Travel arrangements are quite simple once you get used to it, but we found the best route was London Victoria (look on the departures board for the "fastest departures to" section) direct into Bromley South. When leaving the station by the main entrance, turn right up the slight hill and use the first bus stop outside the Slug and Lettuce Pub, for either the 61, 261 or 358 bus. It takes about 15-20 minutes to the Bronley Bus Garage (next stop after the BP garage on the left - also announced on the bus). Turn left from the stop and then take the first right down Lower Gravel Road. Jackson Road is the third road you come to. Enter the road and Clay Farm immediately faces you on the slight corner of Jackon Road.

I completely forgot to take some pictures, but the reviews on here are testimony to an excellent hospitable B&B.

Thanks for your time Roy (oh, and Roxy!)

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2009

We stayed in the annexe at Clay Farm Guest House and were very happy - we had our own entrance, on-site parking and were super-pleased with the added bonus of no steps to climb with our suitcases!

Roy was very helpful without being intrusive. Bromley was a nice, quiet location that offered easy access to the south of London. We wouldn't hesitate to use Clay Farm again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2009

We needed a temporary place to stay on returning to the UK after living abroad. We chose Clay Farm Guest House because of its location (being convenient for London and Croydon) and because of good reviews on tripadvisor. Our room was very good - a recently converted annexe to the main house. It was spacious for the price and had a good size en-suite bathroom. And the location turned out to be excellent for us (close to Bromley and Orpington railway stations, making London accessible in 30 mins). Situated in a leafy suburban street, away from the nearest main road, Clay Farm is also a very peaceful place to stay. But its main asset is the owner, Roy, who couldn't do enough to help us - making sure the room was to our liking, the internet and facilities were working properly, and providing us with helpful advice about the area. In order to help us settle back to the UK we needed a homely and friendly place to stay, and in Clay Farm we found it. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2009

I decided to stay at the Clay House B&B based upon the great reviews on Trip Advisor, and I'm glad to say that it did not disappoint!

Roy is a very friendly and welcoming host, who makes you feel right at home (how a true B&B should be!). My single room was very clean and quiet, as was the bathroom and premises. Breakfast was tasty with good selection of cereals, hot drinks as well as hot breakfast. Free WiFi was fast. Roy kindly offered to pick me up from the train station and even drove me to my course one morning.

I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone who is travelling to this area of London. Good location (15 min train ride from Victoria train station to Bromley south station) and excellent value!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Roy is a lovely guy and everything is well organised and makes one feel at home straight away. I would recommend this B&B although I would add that no rooms have en-suite and one has to share both the toilet and bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BirminghamJ2o
RoyBorsberry, Owner at Clay Farm Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2009

I'm pleased to announce a NEW annexe with en-suite facilities including a 'walk-in' shower, 32" flat screen TV and IPOD docking facilities. Dedicated access from the driveway.