“We like it here”

Ferrari's
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: IT IS WITH OUR MIXED EMOTION THAT WE ANNOUNCE THE CLOUSURE OF FERRARIS RESTAURAT. Ferrari's stylishly modern and comfortable Italian brasseries are where you will find superb food at sensible prices. With a range of fantastic pizzas and mouth-watering pastas, not to mention a brilliant choice of main courses, you will find Ferrari's is an ideal place to stop for a quick bite, or relax and linger over something a little more substantial. The a la carte menu has an excellent choice of Italian dishes and the Italian-style thin base pizzas come highly recommended. Baked in a specially imported traditional oven, you are invited to come and discover just how different the genuine article is. When you are in partying mood, Ferrari's is unbeatable. The staff know how to make any special occasion go with a swing, and they will make sure you and your guests get their undivided attention when it comes to menu choice and service.
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“We like it here”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We quite often call in here on a mid-week evening - (if and when we're too tired to cook and in need of some mid-week relaxation) - when the place is a little quieter - (it's quite often very busy at weekends).

The menu and wine list are pretty much what you'd expect of a typical Italian diner and althougn we've tried most dishes, there's s decent range of options to choose from.

Standard of cooking and presentation has in our epxerience, been reliably good (not haute cuisine but certainly better than average). Service is friendly and relaxed which suits us as we never like to feel rushed.

Overall nothing we dislike about the place and we shall continue to return.

• Visited February 2012

London, United Kingdom
“A few grumbles”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Had driven past it a few times and it looked quite 'snappy' inside (lots of chrome & dark wood) and had heard some good reviews. The restaurant was extremely busy which was good but it was just a couple of weeks before Xmas so I guess it should have been. Service seemed inconsistent - our food was rushed with the starters turning up immediately and then we were barely able to catch our breath and the mains arrived - why do kitchens do that?? In contrast the couple next to us who had clearly been there some time before us complained when our starters arived before theirs and rightly so. The food itself was good and I would reccommend the charcuterie board for starters which was served on an 'uber trendy' wooden board. My wife had sea bass which was well cooked and the wine was sensibly priced. I would go back but please don't rush your customers - we had a night out without the kids for a change and we were barely over an hour sat at our table.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Peter T
Warrington, Cheshire, UK
“Very nice”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Went to this restaurant last Saturday with my husband, grown up son and his partner and had a really pleasant evening.

We all had something different to eat and everyone enjoyed what they had and the food was presented very nicely. The cheapest bottle of wine started at about £18.99 so that could become quite expensive.

The restaurant was busy and had a buzz about the place which was good. The only thing which could have been improved on for me was that the table did feel a bit cramped for 4 people. However, we would all go again as the food and service were very good.

• Visited January 2012
London
“Not a Ferraris, more a normal local Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I will start with the positives. The restaurant has a lovely ambience and the waiters were polite and helpful. The meal was not rushed and there was just the right time between each of the courses. We were there on a Tuesday night with around 10 other tables being used. The music being played was good.

There were a few annoying things though.

The Gratuity is automatically added on without any discussion on if you would like it added. On the bill itself, it states “Optional Service included” but it was not offered as optional. It is also somewhere between 15-20% which seems a bit steep for two people! We did use a 25% off voucher though which meant it evened out (our benefit of 80p on a £45 bill)

The bill seems to only be given by the head waiter / owner. When we asked for our bill he was talking to another table, after 10 minutes we put our coats on and after 15 minutes we stood up and waited by the till. He seemed oblivious to this and we had no apology for the wait.

The food was okay. Garlic bread was good and a nice quantity but the oven baked mushrooms were small, a little dry and a bit disappointing. For the mains the ravioli we had was very tasty while the Pizza again was a bit disappointing and plain like the pizzas we make at home! There were no things on the menus to suggest locally sourced food or any premium quality used in the ingredients. Nothing in the restaurant suggested there proud heritage of being in Bromley for 10 years and having authentic Italian food etc. This is really where they could stand out against the chain restaurants.

I guess this is where my perception issue came in. When I think of Ferraris restaurant, I think a one off special restaurant with amazing homemade Italian food. However the price of the food is amazingly about the same as Zizzi, Pizza Express which makes me think that its now aiming to compete in that market.

The problem with that is there are many restaurants in that market, and to be quiet honest, I would eat at those restaurants as the food tastes a bit better (comparing what I usually eat in both restaurants) and there are so many deals in the competing restaurants its a bit cheaper. With a new ASK and already Zizzi, Pizza Express etc near by I do not think they will win the battle in this market.

What Bromley needs is a special occasion restaurant, however if you are looking for that I wouldn’t pick Ferrari’s again (despite the high expectation name!).

• Visited January 2012
“Great food”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Food great , service excellent ( we went on a saturday night) I even like the 70s and 80s music. Only thing I didn't like was the tip was already on the bill 75 pound food and drink was £85 to pay. I would of paid more than £10 but it was just the fact you had to pay it I didn't like.