“Good location for Kent visit”

The Bromley Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bromley
Reviewed 28 July 2014

A nice hotel although the rooms and general decor are tired and would benefit from a uplift. The bed was comfortable and pillows soft so no complaints there. The only real downside was that when the function rooms are booked the is very limited parking and non reserved for paying guests. Meant we had to park a couple of streets away so not ideal. Could also be rowdy in bar area when functions on.

Room Tip: Avoid weekends maybe due to high number of functions, we were informed but only on check in
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Have stayed at BCH several times over the last few years, this was the first time we took our dogs and was very pleased with the service. All traces of previous doggy residents were removed and was treated with the same attention to detail as on other visits. Both dogs (greyhounds) loved the gardens and although rooms were quite small (used to family suite), we had plenty of space for us and dogs. Would happily return again for another stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a great stay on Sunday. Me and a friend were going to a function being held at the hotel. Great food from the restaurant. Very friendly staff who go abode and beyond to help and make your stay as comfortable as possible. They very kindly moved mine and another friends room much closer together. When I misplaced a bag they were very helpful in finding it. The cleaner was very nice and friendly. Overall Great Stay!

Pros:
Air Con
Free Wifi
Clean
Comfy Beds
CLEAN BATHROOM
Key cards rather than keys

Cons:
Quite a few stairs but not major

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thomas G
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Due to a problem with my house I was forced to stay in a local hotel for what was meant to be just one night. Which would have been one night to many. I ended up having to stay for six. So now your probably thinking why didn't I just leave and find a better hotel it was so bad. There are only four hotels in Bromley and this is the only one that had any rooms. Also I had my dog with me. Who also had to come with me. I was so happy to find a hotel that would let him stay with me, that I didn't care about the £180 a night rate for a room that is the size of my on suite and hasn't been decorated in the last twenty years. I should say rooms. As I had to change three time in my six day stay. The first due to being place in a room above a disco that the music vibrated my widow. Two nights I put up with that. So they then moved me to a second room that had a faulty air condoning unit on the wall. Every four minutes made such racket that the room next door knocked and complained. I call reception every twenty minutes for over four how's asking for someone to come up and when they did, they moved me to another room and agreed that I shouldn't have be put in this room. Just one problem. They only have what they called "suites" available which cost another £40. I was so tired that I agreed. Only to be put in just another out of date tiny room. But this one had a small table and a chair squished in. Which only made the room smaller. I strongly advise anyone thinking of staying here don't. Find a hotel in London. It's only 15 min on a train. And after looking in to it (when it was to late for me) turns out almost all hotels except dogs.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Lovely hotel, room was quite small but very nice
Everything else in hotel was good with no issues during my stay
Very useful venue with good road links to where I was working in Petts Wood
Restaurant ok but not special

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Best Western? This hole should be called the Worst Western.

Two rooms were booked as a wedding present for my wife's sister. One executive suite for her and one for us where my wife could get ready for the wedding and help her sister the following day. As I said, the rooms were booked as executive suites but obviously their idea of executive and ours differed greatly.
First off these rooms are pokey in the extreme.Add to that they're old fashioned décor and you're already getting that lower, pit of the stomach feel that this is a bad mistake.

Our room was the smaller of the two anyway but, to put it simply, it stank. Literally reeked! It had the most vile damp and toilet odour about it; bad to the point that, when we complained the person who attended pulled a face and agreed there was indeed "an odour".
That was an understatement and the seating and carpets also felt damp. So this was one room we weren't prepared to accept and after a bit of a confrontation we were moved. My sister-in-law's room wasn't much better in as far as, when she tried to draw the curtains the entire curtain rail assembly fell from the wall. That required the hotel to organise yet another move to another room. We had to hold out for what we wanted as what they were giving us was most definitely not an executive suite as it was smaller than our original 'stink hole'.
In the end they agreed to provide a better level suite for my sister-in-law and her new husband when they returned from the reception the following day.
However even in ths plug-gap room the TV did not work and the hotal finally came to sort that out at 11pm.
On the day of the wedding we had wanted a tray of sandwiches brought to the bride's suite for her, my wife and the 2 bride's maids while they were dressing, doing their hair and their make up. You'd have thought we'd asked for the keys to the crown jewels as they were told point blank all we could have was a sandwich each which would have to be whatever was available at the time.
Yet another call was made to the management who, when he attended he was, to be fair, stunned that we'd been told this and assured us that the requested sandwiches would be provided as indeed they were.
Then of course there was the noise!
It seems that there were about 3 wedding receptions going on on the Saturday night in rooms that were directly below these supposed executive suites we were inhabiting.
The night was constantly punctuated by drunken shouting and swearing into the small, small hours. The following night there was even a murder in the road fronting the hotel - nice area!

The hotel also claims to have free wifi which, I suppose to the letter of the law is true but you can only use it for an hour at a time followed by a three hour period when you can't unless you pay - hardly free then is it?

On the up side, the breakfasts were OK but this is definitely NOT a place I would want to return to. Sadly it's just the pits and changed dramatically from several years back.

1  Thank Klaptrap-V-S
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromley
Travelodge London Bromley
Bull's Head Hotel
#1 of 2 in Chislehurst
Travelodge London Sidcup Hotel
Innkeeper's Lodge Beckenham

Been to The Bromley Court Hotel? Share your experiences!