“surprisingly good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

GI Trattoria Italiana
Ranked #53 of 260 Restaurants in Bromley
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sutton, United Kingdom
“surprisingly good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

This little place is tucked in the west wickham high st, if you blink you would miss it, However, you would do well to keep your eye open for it , because once you find it , you will find the food a pleasant surprise, fresh and definately very tasty, i found the decor a little dull for my taste and the service a liitle slow however it was well meant. But, i felt relaxed when i left and the food is good, i will return,

Billericay, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service, but expensive for a lunchtime”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

It is over 15 months since my last review, so I thought it worth reviewing again. Yes, I like the refurbishment. The new layout and lighting have improved the restaurant, but disabled access disappointingly remains a problem.

All of our meals were very good quality and the menu has been updated with many meals retained from the old menu. I was disappointed that the pork medallions in a mustard sauce are no longer offered.

The prices are comparable to other restaurants in this area (e.g. starters £6+, Main courses £13-18, desserts £6). Whilst this is acceptable or normal pricing for an evening meal, I am surprised no cheaper lunchtime menu is on offer. Other local restaurants (e.g. Primma Donnas) offer a cheaper 2/3 course mini-menu with a drink included at lunchtime (excluding Sundays) and I think Gi's would do well to think about this as a future option.

As always the service was very good - efficient and friendly.

For me Gi's is a good venue for an evening meal, but it is too expensive for a weekday or Saturday lunch option.

• Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxing and enjoyable Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

My wife and I went to Gi's last Sunday (22/12/13) for Sunday lunch. This is the first time we have been to the restaurant since its make over. The restaurant was great before but how it is so bright and fresh. New layout and new tables and chairs where we sat. The new menu was excellent and the service was a good as normal. It was a pleasure to have lunch in the new surroundings.

Kent
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

We visited 11/12/13 for our first time, to celebrate my daughters 18th, and we shall definitely be returning.
Food and service were excellent. All staff were friendly and attentive and we certainly didn't have to wait long between courses.
Everyone in our party enjoyed the food, and we all manage starter, main and dessert!
I thoroughly recommend the sea bass with prawns and mussels, and the brulee 'trio', absolutely gorgeous.
At the end of our evening staff brought out my daughters birthday cake, as previously requested/arranged, and all joined in to sing her 'happy birthday'.
A thoroughly lovely evening, enjoyed by all.

london
“Solid & reliable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

We live around the corner and have been here many times over the last 16 years.
Sometime we just pop in for a pizza and a glass of wine and sometimes for something more.
Lasta timea we hada the beef skewers and rice (pardon my Italian) It was fantastic and well worth every penny. Never get as far as desserts but the starters and mains are something else. Keep up the excellent cuisine & service. Can but a tad noisy when busy.

• Visited November 2013