“Very friendly run establishment”
Review of Avis Hotel

Avis Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Bromley
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were made welcome from the moment we arrived.
Our room was basic but very clean and comfortable,if I had one criticism it would have to be that the pillows were to soft I had to use the towels provided to boost them up for my neck suport.
As mentioned in there advert the car park is on the small size but I was very fortunate to occupy
the last remaining space available although it was a tight squeeze getting in.
Breakfast was first class very well laid out and as much as you like, tea ,coffee ,orange juice ect,
The place was full with other guest which is a good sign that the establishment has a good reputation.
I would well recommend it to anyone who had business to attend to in the area or even in my case a stop over on my way to the Euro tunnel.
Kind Regards Mike Z from Plymouth

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

The Avis was far from a pleasant stay for my family and i.
At reception our greeting was a NEW Young member of staff who said we were booked in for 1 nt instead of 4.
Once it was sorted out we were given the Keys to room 5, a quad family room.
On entering the stained carpet was very noticable.
Im blessed none of us suffers with asthma god knows when the room last had à dusting.
There was 1 single bed with storage so on pulling open the drawer i was appauled to find that someone had à nose bleed in it.
There were still blood stains on the top sheet which was on the bed.
The en suite bathroom was a caravan toilet, tiny.
The shower runs hot,cold then scaulding hot all in 4 mins.
I went to dry my hair and noticed the dryer was last checked back in 2010.
Not a hotel for us but for workmen.....
Painting till gone 10pm and you smelt it .
Breakfast was fine if you like chipped milk hugs and stained cups.
Simon who i had to persume was a manager was helpfull because after being there for 2hrs he showed up ,6pm and offered to find us other accomodation.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed for a month in the Avis, it was my first time there after it being recommended by my pal. Wow was he right! Such a lovely place with a great ambience. The staff was genuinely amazing, especially the young lad that was working at reception in the middle of the week I think. He, despite not looking older than 18 was so helpful in all my requests and was always going above the call of duty for me! The rest of the staff were nearly as good (a tough ask) and the family vibes I got from the hotel was so refreshing and helped distinguish this hotel from the others. The food was delightful and the rooms exquisite. The rooms were modern yet had a classical touch to die for. Loved it. Will definitely recommend this place to anyone and everyone!!!!! The fact it was so close to the station was a bonus as well.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Yourhelpfulfriend
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Our welcome when we arrived was very good, we think a manager, but the rest of the staff very poor. This hotel could be excellent with some TLC. The rooms were very tired and of poor quality for the price.
The dining room was a lovely room but the carpet very badly stained and top table cloths very grubby. the table we used was not changed for the two nights we were there. It felt very much that it needed the female touch! What a pity!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have propper on suits not loos in a cupboard.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Avis 3 times now, staff are very friendly and kind, the first two times the room (2) was brilliant the third time the room was a Littel small and the shower wasn't very good, breakfast was good all three times, will stay meany times to come :) very happy

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Billy H
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I have stayed at the Avis twice now, and will certainly use it again on further trips in this area. The rooms are clean and well kept. Staff are all friendly and helpful. Rooms are a reasonable although the bathrooms are cosy. TV, WIFI, Coffee & tea making facilities along with hairdryer.
The evening menu is small but the meals I have tired have all been good quality, I can definately recommend the Lasagne!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank beckys1965
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I stayed at the Avis four nights a week for three months whilst working away from home, I used several of the rooms and had a meal every night which was always good value. I can honestly say that the service i received was second to none.
The Avis is a small but friendly place where it was a common event when the staff went above and beyond the call of duty, nothing was too much trouble for them.
I shall miss them and the place but will most definately recommend the Avis to everyone.

Room Tip: rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kathyfarnborough
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromley
The Bromley Court Hotel
Premier Inn London Orpington
Crown Inn
Crown Inn
#2 of 2 in Chislehurst

Been to Avis Hotel? Share your experiences!