“Needs updating”

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Little bit grubby
Lots of broken seats
Needs a big update
Not as good as it used to be would rather travel to beckenham

Visited May 2014

Bromley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“chaos”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Empire Bromley..This is not the first time either. I had booked 4 tickets online to see TInkerbell on Thurs 20th Feb and firstly was unable to book seats. I proceeded anyway. Then once we had arrived at the Cinema 20 mins before our showing there was a long queue outside so we joined the queue and very quickly realised we were not going to get in by our showing time. I left my group of 3 in the queue and I managed to get past lots of annoyed people to the ticket machine only to find they are not working! so back to the queue! I again realised that we were probably not going to get seats together and stressed and annoyed wondered what we were going to do. Not one member of staff came out and said if anyone has pre booked they can go to the front and obviously as there is a queue we didn't want an argument with anyone so we stayed where we were when finally we weren't moving and were going to miss the start of the movie I managed to get past the crowd and went to the till points and saw the manager serving and explained that I had pre booked online... she was miserable and took my card and gave me the tickets. No apology, no smiles, no offer to serve me some popcorn!
Then came the stress of getting to the screen and trying to find 4 seats together! Luckily we found 4 seats together. Once the showing started there were people walking around trying to find seats.
This has been the worst cinema experience I have had, I won't be going there again and will put off my friends from going there. The cinema clearly cannot cope with people attending with their children and at busy times, maybe they should turn this cinema into an independent movie theatre where they only show older classic movies and not new releases until they become older movies or themed movies like a Marilyn day, Barbara Streisand day or Star Wars day.

2 Thank Dee K
Southampton, United Kingdom
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Antiquated sound system for Lego Movie”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I took my two grandsons (9 & 11) to see the Lego Movie in Screen 1 at this cinema yesterday.

Only one of us really enjoyed it (11 year old). The younger was bored (as was I).

My enjoyment was significantly influenced by the very poor sound system in this cinema. For a film where there are nuances & subtleties in the dialogue, accompanied by lots of music, the effect was horrible. Not helped by uncomfortable seating. There are two ladies cubicles in the one Ladies serving the fours creens.

This cinema is in real need of a total refurbishment. I recommend going to Beckham, Bexleyheath or Greenwich instead.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Rubbish”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Went and saw robocop here, movie good but this cinema was rubbish I would give 0 but I don't think I can. If you are thinking of going there then don't, if the owners are reading this, shut the doors and don't reopen them till u are prepared to upgrade this place. When the new one opens later on this will have to shut.

London, United Kingdom
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Truely terrible”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

With so much emphasis placed on the entertainment £ these days the decline of this once proud cinema is very sad to see. It is very expensive and in desperate need of renovation if it is to compete with other cinemas locally.