“Popular, family-orientated restaurant...”

Prima Donnas
Ranked #10 of 262 Restaurants in Bromley
Price range: US$13 - US$71
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Popular, family-orientated restaurant...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have been here once before a long time ago but I didn't think much of the food served on that occasion. It was, therefore, a pleasant surprise this time when three friends enjoyed a decent Sunday lunch here served for a moderate price. Two of us had fried mackerel and salad as a starter, the other had a half lobster (served for a supplement to the fixed price); the main courses we sampled were roast beef (served rare as we had requested) and roasted cod. The vegetable selection was generous and not overcooked as can sometimes be the case. The desserts (a vanilla sable served with rhubarb and cream, and two crepe dishes with ice cream) were all satisfactory. We had a very fairly priced pinot noir reserva from Chile. Service was pleasant and competent. The restaurant was fairly packed with a lot of families: I am pleased to say that the children were well-behaved! The restaurant was pleasant with the tables well-spaced, although we were given a table situated near an alcove and I had staff moving behind me throughout the meal. All in all, a satisfactory experience.

• Visited April 2014

London UK
“Fabulous! Definitely recommend.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have been here four times over the past three years and every time we've had the most amazing food. It is a popular restaurant and so always full and has a good buzzy atmosphere and the extensive and interesting menu means there is a good choice and it has changed a couple of times over the past few years.
My only very small gripe would be that the table service is too quick. We know we have only two hours to eat, but within one hour we had eaten our starter and main. Because the food came so quickly, we got full up and just didn't have room for dessert which was a real shame as the dessert menu looks delicious. Can I suggest they try not to rush through each course and let us enjoy the ambience and food at a more relaxed pace, that way we get to order dessert and possibly a coffee. But I still think you're fabulous, definitely recommend and will be back for more incredible food very soon.

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Another wonderful meal at Prima Donnas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I've just come back from a romantic dinner with my husband at Prima Donnas. The service is amazing (particularly Costas), the food delicious and the atmosphere is always warm yet buzzing. Highly recommended.
Nicky & Mark

London, United Kingdom
“Appealing menu but didn't deliver!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Find a proper good restaurant in the area is a challenge! I mean a restaurant with an interesting menu and wine list. Voila', Prima Donnas was recommended to us. Visited on Sunday lunch and sadly discovered that the a la carte menu was not available on the day. Shame! However, the place was full and I guess to facilitate the smooth run of the service thy opted to serve only the Sunday menu. Our table unfortunately was located in the worst position of the restaurant, next to the cash till and kitchen doors. Not a good start. The service was lovely and friendly from the beginning to the end and the wine chosen was delicious (one of the most expensive wine on the list) but that was it all. The food was absolutely less than average, the risotto was far over cooked and the poached egg on top as well, my partner fish starter was full of bones, I really mean impossible to eat. The Sunday roast was really average, in term of quality, presentation and taste as well as the vegetable served with it. I regret we went on Sunday when the place is over crowded and all the standards are down as I believe perhaps that you can receive here better food in a more comfortable environment if you go another day of the week. Unfortunately this was a very poor experience. Shame because also we spent a lot of money. Still don't know if we will give it another chance.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank PEGGYCOVE
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Recently celebrated a 60th birthday here, a table of 20. Service and food excellent, waiters very attentive throughout the evening. Have been going to this restaurant for past 20 years both lunchtime and dinner have never been disappointed .

Visited April 2014