“Extremely comfortable - excellent food.”
Review of The Crown Inn

The Crown Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Sarre
Cuisines: British, Pub
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This establishment is a real find. A couple of years ago, I stayed here for a few nights, in between moving houses, and I regularly go back there for a drink in the bar, or a meal. Penny, the landlady, is an excellent chef, and can make a simple meal like ham, egg and chips seem like a real feast. I would recommend absolutely anything on the menu. The bedrooms are clean, cosy and extremely comfortable, and, for what you get, reasonably priced. There is not a lot of room in the en-suites, however. The only real complaint, and it is hardly their fault, is that there is very poor mobile phone reception. To conclude, an absolutely wonderful inn, ideal for a romantic weekend away. Book well in advance, though, as it does get busy at certain times.

1  Thank RichardG-L

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I'm a local and this should be my pub but every time I've visited the service is non exsistent. The pub was almost empty but I got no welcome. The girl at the bar ignored me. I sat for for a few minutes but was offered no menu and no drink.......I left. I proceeded to my favourite pub at St Nicholas - the Bell.

2  Thank Martin C
Reviewed 14 June 2012

The Crown Inn is a delightful 15th Century coaching Inn in the hamlet of Sarre between Canterbury & Thanet. Outside is a garden with a few tables and a large parking area, although the garden is somewhat compromised by being next to a pretty busy road. It has a number of bars and a restaurant dining room and offers pretty standard 'pub grub'.

Maggie had 'chicken melt' and I had a salmon fillet both came with a choice of veg and potatoes or salad and fries and we went for the latter combo.

It was a very quiet Thursday lunchtime with us the only diners so our meal was quick to arrive and the landlord and staff seemed very affable.

One could certainly not complain of them stinting as the food portions were very generous.

The food was nothing to write home about, but nothing to com pain about either. The fish was cooked how I like it, still moist but not raw in the middle as seems the fashion these days. Maggie's chicken and bacon were also well cooked and the salad was crisp and the chips a tad blond but perfectly fine. Washed down with a pint of shandy left no room for dessert.

In short it's not a pub I would seek out, but neither was it one I would hurry by if hungry.

It was good value and acceptable fare in a nice looking pub so no complaints!

1  Thank grumpyoldbirder
Reviewed 31 October 2011

my wife and i and inlaws had sunday dinner at the crown it is the best place to go.lovely landlord clive good for a yoke the dinner are very big so the girls have kids size meals .the crown is also dog friendly we always book and say 4 and a dog. would recommend you go and enjoy a lovely meal. and a pint

1  Thank rustydog29