“simply superb”

Ranked #1 of 1 Sarre B&B and Inns
walsall
“simply superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

as a regular visitor to the area to visit my son i have stayed at the crown on each visit for the last 3 years and would not stay anywhere else, clive, penny and the the rest of the family and staff make it feel like a home from home. the rooms are always clean,. spacious, well decorated and furnished ensuring a more than comfortable stay . the food is always first class with generous portions and reasonably priced, good selection of beers and spirits always go down well and with wifi available in most rooms my son can xbox and use the laptop while i have a quick nap. after spending quite a few years in the hotel and pub trade in the past i would recommend the crown without a second thought. already looking forward to may and my next stay

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

Great atmosphere. Made to feel really welcome. Like staying at a friends house.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank NPRIME
Salisbury Plain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

We have stayed here twice just recently using it as a base whilst visiting a sick relative. It is the hospitality shown by Clive, Penny and their staff that really makes this place stand out. From the moment we walked through the door they made us feel most welcome. The accommodation is comfortable and well thought out. The restaurant serves very good food with a varied meal selection; we ate here every night of our stays. We also both really enjoyed the banter at the bar with a very friendly clientele and of course supplied snippets of wisdom from Clive! We wish we had a local hostelry like the Crown.

Its location makes it ideal for visiting the nearby seaside resorts, also Sandwich and Canterbury. As we visit this part of Kent quite regularly we will definitely now make the Crown at Sarre our preferred place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SalisburyPlainGunner
staines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

we stayed in this wonderful hotel/restaurant on the outskirts of Broadstairs - and we were wonderfully surprised.

we were staying as our best friends live around the corner and we were here for a 40th birthday celebration. I was celebrating that we found a little gem of a place which we will defintely stay in again.

we were made welcome by the hosts. Our room was superb as we had a separate bed for our 4-yr old and there was lots & lots of space - great room (room no.3).

Breakfast next morning was very good. selection of cereals + a cooked breakfast (i didn't expect that many mushrooms and should have said that they weren't my favourite but thats my fault). The owner cooked breakfast and even made Ed some sausage and beans even though he knew we run over time by a few minutes (we had to play tag on breakfast as our 4-yr old slept straight through!!!).

wonderful hospitality. well done. thank you.
David

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank marshy72
Cornwall, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

After a mess up on dates at another hotel, we were made very welcome at a minutes notice. I have to say, I think I looked at the Crown before booking elsewhere but I was a little put off by the exterior, but I shouldn't have been - it was beautiful. The bedroom over looked a flat roof but that was masked by the lovely flower tubs. The room, decorated in very calming colours had a lovely feel, the bed very comfy and it had real heavy white cotton sheets, that reminded me of being a child and visiting my aunty. Well worth a visit, what ever the occasion. Thank you.

Room Tip: Room 9 was just perfect if that helps and the bed was so comfy.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hayley M
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Clive and Penny make you feel like part of the family, food is excellent and great value. Rooms are very clean and spacious at very reasonable prices. We are hooked and will add tou our list of places to stay in the UK.

Jim & Valerie Britton - Houston TX.

Room Tip: The rooms in the annex are great and on the lower floor, we had rooms 4 and 7
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Hastings, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed just four nights on a trip down memory lane to see old friends and work colleagues in Ramsgate and Margate. I was on my own; being carer to my disabled wife I badly needed just a few days break and she was happy to go to a respite care home. The owner, Clive Franklyn, made eating on my own more much easier by engaging in conversation when necessary, not obtrusive, and showed interest. My room was clean and comfortable, the meals all good and I thoroughly enjoyed my short stay; if visiting the area again I would certainly be back at the Crown.

Room Tip: Although on my own I had 5ft. bed in a very comfortable room.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Morris78
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarre
Holiday Inn Express Canterbury
Iffin Farmhouse
Iffin Farmhouse
#1 of 78 in Canterbury
Molland Manor House

Been to Crown Inn-The Cherry Brandy House? Share your experiences!