“Lovely and conveniently placed to visit Kent”

Crown Inn-The Cherry Brandy House
Ranked #1 of 1 Sarre B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 May 2014

A very friendly place to stay and very convenient to visit various areas in Kent. The Landlord and family were very friendly with lots of information about the local area. It was the first time we had taken our dog with us and we thought we might get a doggy room, but it was really lovely, comfortable and clean. The food in the bar/restaurant was very good, with plenty of choice and all freshly cooked and hot. Lots of vegetarian options which makes a change. The cooked breakfast was also very good - just the right amount. Would highly recommend this hotel/restaurant. Everybody we met were extremely friendly and lots of lovely places to visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I had a great stay here for a short cycling trip in Kent. The location was perfect for me, being right in the middle of the two loops I wanted to do.
The car park was ample, and they were kind enough to let me leave my car there after check-out so I could continue my cycling trip.
The welcome on arrival was very friendly, lots of handy tips from the staff on things to see and do locally.
The room was very clean and everything was there that you would expect. The bathroom was very spacious and nice to have a bath which is such a rarity to find nowadays. I had supper in the pub and the food was lovely.
I'd highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2014

A really great gem only short distance to the coast and canterbury. Accomadation very good,food very good and in a good price range. Staff brilliant, an excellent old English hostelry seeped in history. First vist will go back

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank David D
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I absolutely love staying and eating at this place. The staff is great, the food is excellent and the beautiful English countryside is everywhere around you. The village is small but you have plenty of day trips from this quaint place. I first stayed here on business but now make sure I book a night in anytime I'm in the area.

Room Tip: If you have any special needs, just ask. All the rooms are unique.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bintheloop
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Have stayed at this inn for a number of years on business and due to retirement wont be able to go any longer so will really miss it.Its run by a very nice family always get a good welcome.The food is excellent particulary the sizziling steaks which were my favourite and very good value.Rooms are comfortable.Famous for where Cherry Brandy was first discovered. .

Room Tip: if you want a quiet room ask for the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony H
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Having just arranged and catered our own wedding we wanted to get away for a weekend and chill. I mentioned on the phone when booking that it was a sneaky honeymoon - when we arrived we were shown a truly lovely room with four poster bed - even champagne glasses were ready! Downstairs the witty landlord and locals were great - joining in the newly wed chat and making us feel welcome. Dinner was incredible - risking steak in a world of pubs that ruin perfectly good beef - it was simply THE BEST STEAK I have ever been served! The family work non stop to make this a uniquely wonderful place - breakfast was just spot on. The casual atmosphere exactly what we wanted. Don't go here if you want to ponce about being arrogant. Do go here if you want to enjoy the historic welcome of a proper English country Inn. Leave the car and use the cheap, regular buses to Canterbury, Margate or Broadstairs!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My husband and I booked a 2 night stay for the 24th and 25th of August. When we arrived we were greeted by Clive the owner and shown straight to our room. We were told about meal times, evening and breakfast and all relevant information pertaining to our stay. The room was very well equipped and very clean and the bed was very comfortable, just what you would expect from a 4 star accommodation. We spent the first afternoon and evening in the Inn as the weather was very wet! We were made to feel very comfortable and welcomed by Penelope ( Clive's wife ) and by the locals and other residence. In the evening we dined in the restaurant at the Inn and could not find a thing to fault the food. We both had steak which was served on a sizzling griddle and cooked exactly to our preference. Served with a choice of potatoes, we opted for the chips and vegetables which were both ample and very tasty. Portions were very generous, I couldn't finish mine but I did have a starter and then went on to have a dessert! All 3 courses were superb and the drinks were very good too. In the morning we were treated to a lovely cooked breakfast, good quality sausage and bacon and the eggs tasted like fresh farm eggs. You could also have cereal, tea, coffee, toast and fresh juices. The table next to us opted for all of the breakfast choices which was all included in the price! We would definitely recommend the Cherry brandy house and are definitely going back again, next time with the kids! There were families booked in at the same time as us and everyone seemed to be having a lovely time. Erene & Jon, Cranham, Essex

Room Tip: We had room 9 ( a double ) which was great, spacious and clean and was located above the residence r...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarre
Holiday Inn Express, Ramsgate - Minster
#6 of 16 in Canterbury
Pegwell Bay Hotel
Pegwell Bay Hotel
#2 of 10 in Ramsgate

Been to Crown Inn-The Cherry Brandy House? Share your experiences!