Well that may not be saying much, but this is a very nice restaurant by any Panamanian standards. We ate lunch, a 3 course set meal with no choices. It was fine and certainly excellent value at around $30 a head.
You need to book a few hours in advance because it's such a small outfit and also find a way across the bay from Portobelo, though I expect they'd send a boat over if you asked them.
A lovely piece of tranquility in what otherwise is a pretty gritty place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Otro Lado is a private retreat situated in an exceptional enclave of Portobelo Bay, mixing design, culture, nature and luxury in a unique manner in order to offer its guests authentic, exclusive and custom-made experiences.Situated just over an hour from Panama City, and surrounded by the National Park of Portobelo, El Otro Lado is the perfect place to relax and disconnect while contemplating the exuberant vegetation. With views of the sea, its four exclusive houses of eclectic tropical design integrate simple details with traditional handicraft of the Atlantic Coast.A streak of truly unforgettable experiences, El Otro Lado will take you to a harmonious and dreamlike place which is equipped with all the comforts of modern life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Otro Lado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Otro Lado Hotel Portobelo
- El Otro Lado Panama/Portobelo