“Most amazing place to unwind and be close(est) to nature!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virajpet
Honey Valley Homestay
Ranked #6 of 16 Virajpet B&B and Inns
Bengaluru, India
“Most amazing place to unwind and be close(est) to nature!”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Honey Valley is by far the most amazing homestay that I've stayed in. The location, the people, the place.

Booking - I browsed for places to stay at Coorg and stumbled upon the website of Honey Valley. Instantly, I knew this is the place where I would want to stay. Called up. Suresh answered and I booked the room immediately through e-fund transfer (very minimal amount. Did not even ask about cancellation refund cause I was not going to cancel it.)

Reaching - We went to Coorg by Car. Google map shows incorrect location. So I juxtaposed the location shown on Honey Valley website onto my google maps and reached via madikeri. Best is to call up Honey Valley (either Suresh/Jack will answer and get directions from them.) Once I reached Kabbinakad, Honey Valley's Jeep picked us up and showed the place to park our vehicle too (parking at just Rs25/day). One cant' reach the place without Jeep, its inaccessible through Cars/2 wheelers and there's no road.

Staying - First night we were put in a Perch room. Really beautiful, cute little room with a nice view of the outside. The rooms did not have bugs / insects and Suresh bet me 10Rs for every mosquito I could find. (Happy to say I dint make any money in this bet!). The beds weren't damp and did not have any bed bugs as I had read in 2-3 reviews on tripadvisor. Second and third day we were put up at Tranquil Rooms which had private balcony area. Lovely!

Hospitality - Its by far the most hospitable hotel I've stayed in. My wife also has similar view. The people, Suresh, Suresh's wife, Jack, Anna, Ganesh and all other were always smiling and pleasant to talk to. There wasn't any shouting of any kind on any servant. Maybe because all were treated with a lot of respect and all worked in tandem and without any laxity. Had really good long chats with Jack about the place, trekking, his being here, everything.

Traveller Tip - Just be here.

Room Tip: Any room is good. Just book whatever you get and reach this amazing place.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ankitparul

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 29 August 2011

This place can be reached from Mysore : 150 km, Bangalore : 250 km, Mangalore : 170 km. As you reach Bangalore, from there Mysore it takes about 3hrs, from there you have to take a bus to Virajpet (Virajendrapet actually) takes about another 2hrs30mins. From there you can either take a bus to Kabbina kad or take a van it is about 27kms from Virajpet bus stand. You have to call the Homestay people as soon as you take a transport from Virajpet so that they will arrange the 4 wheeler to take you up hill. You will enjoy the first bumpy and rock climbing ride in the JEEP which is adventurous this is the last 2kms to reach the place and is the ride of your life.

The Homestay is run by Mr & Mrs. Suresh and Sushila Chengappa down to earth couple who own the entire place. The resort is itself is bang in the middle of the coffee plantation. Their son Mr.Sharath also assists in the smooth running.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Sundaram V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Virajpet
The Tamara Coorg
Heritage Resort Coorg
Heritage Resort Coorg
#4 of 25 in Madikeri
Purple Palms Resort & Spa,Coorg

Been to Honey Valley Homestay? Share your experiences!