“Allo Allo”

Pentre Riding Stables
Ranked #2 of 3 Penycae B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 December 2013

A last minute booking for an overnight stay.
Excellent welcome from Karen who ensured that our stay was very relaxing in friendly surroundings.
Very comfortable rooms made for a good night's kip followed by a traditional hearty Welsh breakfast the following morning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We were in the village for a wedding at the castle across the road. So in terms of location it was ideal.
We were given a room with an en suite shower room but the en suite was undergoing an upgrade and was not finished off and the bedroom could have been a bit cleaner and tidier.
We also had a problem with lack of hot water at the sink, although the power shower was okay, but the TV was not working either.
To be fair there was a very clean and tidy double room available without en suite, which we were offered but it would have been at the expense of sharing a bathroom.
Having read other peoples reviews I'm sure this was a one-off situation and we know that the owners were away on holiday and their daughter was looking after the place alone. She had a lot on her hands that weekend but very kindly offered us a reduction in price due to our problems so all in all we were reasonably happy with what we got for the price.

Room Tip: Just check that our faults have been addressed before choosing the room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed here November 2013,what a lovely b&b. rooms very big,spotless and breakfast very satisfying. Cereals,toast,full English. Very friendly owners and very reasonably priced accommodation. We're attending a wedding at craig y nos castle which is literally opposite. 40 second walk. Really it,s that close by.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I would definitely recommend this accommodation to anyone who might be attending a function locally or taking in the breath taking view and local walks in the area.
My reason for booking this venue was that my husband and I were attending a wedding in Craig y Nos. Not only was it directly opposite (so no taxis needed) but it was the cheapest around. Not only did we have a warm and friendly greeting by the manager, but I was pleasantly surprised by the room we were given, which exceeded my expectation (especially given what we paid). Our friend who had booked somewhere else was disappointed that they hadn’t booked with us and even more so when they saw what they had booked and paid for (No names mentioned but less say it was opposite us).
While we were offered the family room which had 4double beds (given us a choice of beds to sleep in given there was only two of us) the room was out of this world. Tea and coffee facilities, chocolates etc. We also had a sneaky peek at one of the other rooms which again was to a high standard, so I don’t feel whatever room we had I would have been disappointed
While I did think the breakfast was scheduled earlier than I’m used to(given that we had a wedding the night before) the manager couldn’t do enough to ensure that the stay we had met all of our needs and accommodated us as best as she could. Surprisingly I was able to make breakfast which again I couldn’t fault. All the staff couldn’t do enough, and the quality was exceptional (good old welsh breakfast).
Both my husband and I are looking forward to returning in the future and would defiantly recommend this accommodation. Thank you to all the staff who made our stay a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: The family attic room is out of this world, however I feel any of the rooms would be suitable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank holidaywelshgirl
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Pentre Stables offers brilliant B+B at affordable prices. For example, there is no single supplement at all and you get to stay in an absolutely massive room with beautiful en suite. The riding is also superb. The horses are both patient and forward going and the trek leaders are highly experienced. As a relatively cautious rider I felt confident enough to jump, gallop and ride up mountains. All credit to Karen and Kirsty for creating a home from home for riders everywhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Really enjoyed our few days at Pentre B & B - can only add to other positive reviews; great accommodation, Karen and her daughter Kirsty were lovely and really helpful with sorting out riding treks for us. We would definitely recommend the B & B and stables for good value and clean and comfortable accommodation - which was just what we wanted and we weren't disappointed!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1 at the top of the house which was ample for our needs and nicely decorated - 4 d...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mamamato
Reviewed 27 October 2013

What an amazing place to stay. We were given a warm and friendly welcome on our arrival.
I always say first impressions always count. The rooms we had were just perfect, we had a great 2 night stay. I would really recommend this to anyone who is thinking about staying here. Karen the manager who runs this B&B could not do enough for us. The breakfast was 1st class.
It really is the most perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Been to Pentre Riding Stables? Share your experiences!