We found this place searching for a swimming pool resort, not far away from Bucharest, on 9th of May 2012, when Bucharest was invaded by thousands of football fans, due to the Europe's League final match. All the hotels and resorts in and around the city were overbooked, so we found ourselves driving to this mysterious village, hidden in the fields. Considering all those soccer fans waving flags and drinking beer in Bucharest, we decided that 44 km is not a big distance if you want to escape from a busy city, occupied by a crazy crowd.
The route to the hotel is not so bad between Bucharest and Tartasesti, but once you leave Tratasesti the road is getting worse. For a segment of 4-5 km you need an off-road vehicle.
Coming from this road, the property looks impressive.
- the garden - so green and beautiful, with a lot of flowers, trees and nice alleys. It's very pleasent to walk on the alleys by night, listening to the insects and night birds.
- the swimming pool (attention: there is no shallow water aria available, the minimum depth of the water is about 170 cm)
- the balconies with confortable rustic chairs, overviewing the garden
- the breakfast was quite poor and bland. Just scrambled eggs or omelette, tea or coffee and a plate of poor quality cheese, salami and marmelade - no other choices. If you want anything else, you have to pay. If you want extra coffee, you have to pay.
- the hotel's lawn mowers are very noisy. The balcony was so inviting and we decided to enjoy the sunset on the balcony, drinking some well chilled white wine. In the lovely garden, a man with an infernal mower was cutting the grass. I think that sending an employee to work with the mower in the hotel's garden at 19.30 it's a crazy decision for the resort's management!!!
- walking around the lake, we've noticed a few stray dogs (probably there is a split in the property's fence)
However, it was a very pleasant experience overall, we would like to come back here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautiful and exclusive Club Insieme Grand Resort can be found in Potlogi, Pitaru Village, 45 km from Bucharest, and offers the finest cuisine, 40 luxurious and comfortable rooms and a conference center with meeting facilities for up to 250 people. ... more less