“A great stay!”

Summerhill Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hawkhurst
Summerhill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 7 Hawkhurst B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“A great stay!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Thank you to our hosts Jacqueline and Chris for giving us such a comfortable stay in your beautiful home. As we told you at the time we wished we had booked in for a longer stay!
A welcoming cuppa on our arrival, knowledgeable hosts and nourishing breakfasts make for fond memories of Summerhill! We wanted to visit Sissinghurst and so this B & B was a very convenient location.Thanks to the recommendation of our hosts we also visited the gardens of Great Dixter - a very worthy inclusion!
Should we be lucky enough to find ourselves back in this area we will contact Summerhill as our first choice!
Mature couple, Leichhardt, Australia

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rustington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The location of this B&B is off-putting (in a road full of cars with the entrance via the garden). However, when we knocked on the door we were immediately made to feel very welcome by Chris and that continued throughout our stay. The little extra touches made all the difference: tea and home made cake served in the tranquil garden; a garden room for guests with television, numerous magazines and leaflets of local attractions; the offer of fresh milk and a map to the pub recommended by our hosts. Jacqueline and Chris were warm and friendly hosts but as said by another guest, respectful of our privacy. Our room was large and bright and we enjoyed a delicious breakfast. The only slight niggles were that I would have expected the garden to have been cleared of the dog's mess; a lighter weight duvet would have made for a more comfortable night's sleep and I would have expected a better location for the price charged. However, all that apart, we had a lovely stay.

Room Tip: The double overlooking the garden is large and probably the quietest room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I spent five week at Chris' and Jacqueline's house. I very much enjoyed the very warm atmosphere in their house. They were always helpful with tips for trips, restaurants and pubs, but also always very respectful to privacy. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Orpington
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I was passing through Hawkhurst during a few days walking and had seen this B&B on various sites. Emailed Chris and booked the single room for 1 night. I arrived at about 7pm, the directions that were sent along with the confirmation email were accurate and I liked that it was hand written, instead of just having a link to google maps. Chris made me feel very welcome from the start, I felt like a an old friend visiting as opposed to a first time guest. Shown my room which was a very nicely decorated room, clean and tidy with tea, coffee, bottled water and I think home made cookies? Despite me having tea making facilities Chris came back up 5 minutes later with ready made tea and cake, which after a days walking really hit the spot! Had a shower which wasn't en-suite but didn't need to be as it was only 3 metres from my room and bath robes were supplied, as previous reviewers have said the toiletries on offer were well above average. Took my tea downstairs to the lounge to watch some TV with Bow (dog). there is a TV in the room but it was nice to relax in a big comfy chair. Went to bed soon after as had another day's worth of walking. Agreed with Chris for a 8am breakfast. Went down at 8 and the dining room was set up just for me with fresh fruit, apple juice, cereals. Basically everything you would get when you stay at a Hilton only better quality and all locally produced. Had food which set me up for the day. Chris told me the best way to get to the footpath and I was on my way. I could have quite happily talked to Chris and Jacqueline for hours as they are both engaging people. I've stayed at B&Bs that charge a lot more that do not provide the level of service I received here and will definitely be back when I do a walking trip again (hopefully early next year!)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thurleigh
Reviewed 31 July 2013

It was a pleasure and a privilege to be made so welcome in Chris and Jacqueline's home. (By Bow the springer too!)They pay great attention to detail and everything was excellent from the lovely comfortable room overlooking the pretty garden to the delicious breakfasts. They helped to make our holiday enjoyable and relaxing.
Hawkhurst is an ideal centre from which to explore many attractions of Kent and East Sussex and the beautiful countryside.
We can highly recommend Summerhill as being amongst the best B&Bs in the country.

Richard and Linda.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I visited Kent for the first time last month and found Hawkhurst an ideal base for sorties to the many, many places of interest in that county and East Sussex.
The Summerhill B&B proved to be an added bonus with very attentive hosts, Chris, Jacquline and Bow, (the last being a lovely Springer Spaniel), a charming and very comfortable house and a quiet garden at the back.
I had the twin bedded room with separate but private bathroom a couple of steps away. I found with the bedroom window open there could be quite a lot of noise from traffic pulling away from the lights at the top of the hill outside but only really noticed it when it was time to get up. The bed was very comfortable and decor and furnishings very tasteful - Jacqueline does upholstery. Provisions in the room included yummy home-made biscuits. Breakfast offered fresh fruit salad, cereals, yoghurts, fresh bread and food cooked to order. Excellent! (After one particularly hot day out I was even given a cold beer to drink on the patio).
Hawkhurst has lots of choice for eating / drinking and Chris & Jacqueline can advise on this and the many things to be seen around the county.

Room Tip: I think the en suite double room at the back of the house would be completely perfect.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We can highly reccomend this lovely B&B although it is a bit difficult to locate. Chris and Jacqueline made us very welcome (fab homemade cake) with a nice cuppa. The room was lovely, airy, bright and extremely well furnished. The beds are comfortable and we were woken by the morning chorus and the sunshine streaming in. Breakfast was a real treat especially the 'full' being to die for. The bathroom was just down the corridor and had above average toileteries. Summerhills location is very convenient for the various restaurants in Hawkhurst.

Room Tip: We stayed in the front room which was perfect.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawkhurst
The George Hotel
Tudor Rose Bed and Breakfast
The Royal Oak
The Royal Oak
#7 of 7 in Hawkhurst

Been to Summerhill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!